Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Precious

Saved

by flying_angel 0 reviews

Kairi is in danger from a biker gang, but who should come to her rescue? Even so, she is left with a bit of trauma....

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: L - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-07-12 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 1558 words

0Unrated
hey peeps! i'm back, and this chapter will complicate things, A LOT!

Ryuuzaki's P.O.V.

As he walked away, he felt something warm and fuzzy inside. Once again, this girl had shown him true, pure affection. But although how much he liked the feeling, he would have to put a stop to it. But not now. He intently listened to her footsteps, but at a point they seemed irregular, and he heard something along the lines of a muffled cry. Turning just in time to see Kairi pulled into the alley, he began walking back. Sighing.


Kairi's P.O.V.

With hands covering her mouth, Kairi couldn't scream for help. She was surrounded by four biker dudes, with nasty grins on their faces. The one holding her released her and Kairi ran towards the corner of the alley. Another guy, though she struggled, put a blindfold on her.

"Don't worry, little lady. We're just going to have some fun!"

She been shaking. She couldn't help it. She was scared, and there was no one to save her this time. Memories flooded her, memories that she didn't want to see. Violent, bloody images that had been buried had broke through their chains, and were now flooding her. She didn't want to show any weakness, but she sobbed silently. She was going to be hurt again, and possibly die. No one would know. Not even.....Ryuuzaki. Ryuuzaki. She would never see him again. She would never see his black bangs fall across his eyes, never see him consuming sugar like there was no tomorrow. Never feel his embrace.

Then there were cold hands around her face, and hard lips pressed upon hers. She tried to resist and started thrashing around, but that only let the man's tongue slid into her mouth. She tried to scream, to edge away, but she was cornered. She felt another pair of hands tug on her shirt. Tears squeezed through her tightly-shut eyes.

A relief, she felt the two pairs of hands being wrenched away. There was yelling, and the sounds of punching and kicking. Although curious, she kept her eyes firmly shut. Then she felt a hand grip her arm, and without thinking, she wildly swung out with her fist, and connected with skin. There was the sound of someone cursing, then warm hand took hers, and she squirmed to get away.

"Kairi." That voice was familiar, gentle and soothing. Spider-like fingers wiped away her tears. "It's okay. They're gone."

"Ryuuzaki?" Hope surfaced.

"It's me." He gently removed the blindfold. "Can you stand?"

"I-I think so." She opened her eyes to find him in a crouch next to her, and, was that concern in his eyes? The biker gang was nowhere to be seen. Shakily, she tried climbing to her feet, but the shock had become too much, and before she knew it, everything had went black.


Ryuuzaki's P.O.V.

She crumbled before his eyes, and swiftly he caught her. Holding her in his arms, he expertly got out his cell phone.

"Watari? I need you to pick me up at the coffee shop facing the park. There's been a problem. Alright."

He pocketed the phone, but stayed in the quiet alley. The sleazy biker gang he had no problem disbanding, but he had no idea what to do with the girl. Obviously she would stay at the hotel with him , but he didn't want the task force to know about her.

He looked down to see that she was trembling. From the cold or from shock he did not know. But he waited, standing there with her in his arms. Finally he heard Watari's car pull up, and he walked out of the alley. Expertly sliding in, and closing the door with his foot, Ryuuzaki found that he could not sit in his regular position. So he settled for sitting there with her head in his lap.

As the car started moving, Watari looked through the mirror. "Is that the girl?"

"Yes. She was attacked by a biker gang upon my departure. I had to step in, and she fainted." Ryuuzaki said grimly.

"Ah. I see. And what are you going to do with her?"

He sighed. Again. "She will have to stay at the hotel, but I don't want the task force to know about her. So we'll need to take the back door."

Watari studied the young man through the mirror. "Ryuuzaki...is this going to affect the case?"

"She is special," Was all that he would say on the matter.

Watari let the subject drop, but not before allowing a small grin.

Ryuuzaki looked down at the sleeping girl on his lap. She was trembling more than ever, and her breathe was in small ragged gasps. She is dreaming, he thought. Then her fingers began to tighten. He slipped his fingers inside hers, and squeezed gently. Kairi's seemed to become less tense, as if sensing his presence. Closing his eyes, he sighed again. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, he dimly thought. This is not going to be good for me.

They arrived, and were able to get Kairi safely up to Ryuuzaki's room without causing a disturbance. Laying her gently on his bed, Ryuuzaki sat at the edge of it in his crouch. Watari sat in an arm chair.

"You're starting to get a black eye, Ryuuzaki," He chuckled. "Did one of the men get you?"

Smiling faintly to himself he said, "Actually, no. It was the girl who got me."

When Watari raised an eyebrow, he said "She was blindfolded, and didn't know that it was me there." He pulled his knees closer and rested his head on top of them, his wild black hair covering his face. "This is not good. Not good at all." He mumbled to himself.

The older man got up to leave, then hesitated at the door. "What shall I tell the others?"

"Tell them...tell them I needed some sleep. And that they would be wise to do the same."

"Very well. Are you going to be all right?"

He didn't answer, but Watari left quietly, chuckling to himself. A couple of minutes passed, then Ryuuzaki felt a tugging on the edge of his shirt. Peering from under his bangs, he found that Kairi was slowly waking up. He adjusted his position so he could look at her better.

"You saved me," She whispered.

"Yes, learning the difficult Brazilian martial art of capoiera has paid off." He watched her closely. She blinked a few times, then focused on him.

"Thank you...."

He didn't say anything in return, only watched her.

"Hey, who gave you that black eye?"

He chuckled. "I think at the time you were under the impression that I was another one of those men."

Her eyes widened, and she sat up. "I'm so sorry! Does it..does it hurt much?"

"Not really. Did you know those guys?" Ryuuzaki wasn't prepared for what happened next.

Her hands clenched into fists and she stared at the floor as tears rolled down her cheeks. He was taken back by this. He was about to say something when she spoke.

"We were coming out of a movie theater. I was ten at the time. It was dark out, so I had held my mother's hand. We were walking towards the car when a man stepped out of the shadows. He wrenched me away from my mother....." She took a shaky breath. "And they died in front of my eyes. Heart attacks, both of them. And then the man had taken me to his house and....and....he took it. Took it from me forever..." She was shaking harder now.

Ryuuzaki's eyes widened, but he didn't speak. After a moment he went and put an arm around her, but she quickly leapt up from the bed. She paced for a moment, then walked over to a wall and punched it as hard as she could. Ryuuzaki jumped up.

She hadn't been shaking with emotion, but with anger. He walked over to her as she started to punch the wall harder. He wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her away. But she started struggling. It was all he could do to make sure she didn't get out of his grip. One, she would eventually start punching holes in his walls, and two, she would hurt herself. After a few minutes of struggling, she finally calmed down. He led her over to the bed where she laid in his arms and cried. She tried to cry quietly into his shirt, wanting any comfort she could find. And he just sat there, hugging her tightly. After a long time, she fell asleep in his arms. He gently laid her down onto to the bed, and laid down on the other side, not facing her. And for the first time in awhile, he drifted off into sleep.

Phew, that took awhile to write! Just to let you know, Ryuuzaki feels conflicted because he obviously cares about Kairi, yet he doesn't want to build bonds or do anything that will distract him from the case. now that i've written this part, i need to brainstorm the next! so i'm sorry if i don't upload another chapter as fast as you would like. byeas!
Sign up to rate and review this story