Categories > Original > Mystery > The Allure of Virginity

The Toilets and the Tunnels

by arkayz 0 reviews

Chapter 13

Category: Mystery - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-13 - Updated: 2008-07-14 - 2996 words

0Unrated
The Toilet and the Tunnels

I lied on my bed and looked out the bedroom window, watching the street as the day started its slow transition from afternoon to evening. The street outside was completely empty--no cars, no pedestrians, nothing that suggested life. Planted neatly on the nature strip were trees, and the leaves on these trees were falling. Each leaf trickled down slowly, zigzagging in the air as it glided down. When a leaf hit the pavement, the road, or the grass, it lied on the ground motionless, as if it were dead, yet the leaf seemed so alive when it was airborne.

I looked at the tree whose branches connected my bedroom window to Ella’s bedroom window. The tree was shaking more than it should be. The wind was far too weak to explain the tree’s movements.

I soon realized that Eddie was on the tree. He had finished climbing the trunk and had reached the branch that headed towards my bedroom window. He had climbed up this tree trunk from Nancy’s backyard. When Eddie saw me looking at him, he smiled at me briefly and then kept crawling on the branch.

I opened my bedroom window and the little boy jumped inside my bedroom. He was dressed in blue tracksuit pants and a black jumper. I could clearly see underneath his black jumper a red t-shirt. His blonde hair was spiked up at the front. This was perhaps the first time I had ever seen him gel his hair. I didn’t even know he had gel.

“Are you going anywhere?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m goin’ to Mark’s house. He said I can pop by and check out that catalogue. I wanna see how hot these chicks are! You wanna come along?”

The word “chick” coming from Eddie’s mouth sounded so strange. I never heard him use that word before, so I just stood and stared at him. He shifted around uncomfortably, probably regretting his use of the word.

“I have to eat dinner soon,” I said.

“Mark’s house is pretty close.”

“Where is it?”

“Forty-six Black Street, Brighton,” said Eddie, reading the business card in his hands. “That’s about a ten minute walk from here.”

“I don’t think I want to see Mark. He doesn’t like me.”

“You should try be friends with him.”

“I don’t think I can. I’ve known him for a long time, and I don’t like him.”

“So you ain’t coming?”

I shook my head. Eddie nodded but seemed disappointed. He walked back towards the bedroom window to leave. As I watched him climb down the tree, I turned back to my computer and stared at the monitor.

From my bed I could smell tonight’s dinner--spinach gnocchi with sweet sauce. I walked out from my bedroom and headed for the top of the stairs. I froze when I realized that my parents were talking in the kitchen--talking about me. Even though I couldn’t see them from where I was, I could still hear them.

Dad was speaking. “After Keith finishes dinner, we’ll try talk him into cooperating with the police. I’ve already spoken to the detective at the station. His name’s John Silencer.”

“I don’t know if the police is a good idea,” said Mum. “Our little boy may have done something wrong, but we’re his parents. Shouldn’t we be protecting him?”

“We’re not harming him,” said Dad. “We’re just trying to get him to help the police with their investigations. Maybe then we’ll figure out what happened to Nancy’s girls. He’s our son, yes, but most importantly we have a duty to our society and to our community. We have to guide our son along the right path in life. This is what God wants from us. In return it’s his Christian duty to obey and respect us because we’re his parents.”

“Do you think we’ve been getting respect from Keith lately?”

“Maybe I can enroll Keith in bible study classes,” said Dad. “That’ll give him a firm set of morals to live by. I get the feeling our son is aimless in life, like he’s got nothing to live for, like he’s…”

I walked back into my room and closed the door. I didn’t want to hear anymore. My dad was going to call the police. He was going to enroll me in bible study classes. I didn’t know which was worse. I had to get out of the house. Maybe I could live with Eddie for a while until my parents calmed down. Eddie wasn’t at home though. He was at Mark’s house.

I stared out from my bedroom window into Lily’s bedroom window across the fence. Her bedroom was empty. Paper, pens, markers, rope, books, and toys were strewn all over the carpet. The room looked as if life had just been ripped from it suddenly. Every object in Lily’s bedroom looked as still as a corpse.

Outside Nancy’s house, on the pavement near the nature strip, I saw Mark. He was walking. He wore jeans and a black jacket. His hands were in his pockets. He walked underneath the trees as they showered him with leaves.

Although the weather didn’t seem too cold, I took a warm grey jumper from the cupboard anyway. My parents might worry if I left the house. On a piece of paper I wrote a note for my parents and left it on the bed: GONE TO LIBRARY TO STUDY. I climbed out from my bedroom window and started to follow Mark, making sure I kept a safe distance behind the teenager.

As I walked along the pavement with my head down and my hands in my pockets, I kept thinking about whether I wanted to return home that night. Perhaps when I come home tonight the police will be waiting for me. Perhaps I could hide out in Eddie’s bedroom, or maybe even in Lily’s bedroom.

The thought of Lily’s bed filled my mind with warmth. As she slept, she would have leaked girl juices all over her bed--on the blankets, the pillows, or the covers. There had to be remnants of the precious child, remnants I could inhale and taste, remnants I could sleep with one last time before they fade away forever. If I slept in her bed, maybe it was more likely she’d appear in my dreams. I just wanted to see her again.

----

I followed Mark all the way to Dendy Park. I had a feeling he’d be walking to the park, and when he had arrived at the park I knew he was heading straight for the female toilets.

I was ready this time. When Mark walked into the toilet, I grabbed a tree branch nearby and tiptoed quickly to the entrance. I peeked inside to see Mark slipping an access card of some sort into holes in the wall. A concrete door opened to reveal a staircase leading down. Mark walked down the stairs quickly. He walked so quickly it looked like he was late for something. When he left he allowed the door behind him to slowly swing shut. I ran inside the toilet and managed to reach the door before it swung shut. I used the tree branch to keep the door open, in case I needed an exit.

Sconces on the walls held flaming torches that lit the way. Since I had been too busy trying to keep the door from locking me out, Mark had walked off deep into the tunnels, and I had no idea where he was now.

The walls around me had rocks jutting out. These rocks looked so pointy and sharp that I feared impaling myself if I fell. In spite of the dangers of falling, I found myself walking rather fast. As I walked deeper and deeper into the tunnels the place seemed to get darker and the air seemed to get warmer and foggier. It felt like something was burning. My sniffing nose didn’t detect anything unusual though, so I started to wonder whether I was just getting tired.

After walking around for fifteen minutes, something strange happened. For a while the tunnels seemed to get narrower and narrower, but all of a sudden I found myself in a wide open cavern. The place was as big as the basketball court at school. The rocks underneath my feet seemed slippery. I looked up and understood why. Water dripped from limestone stalactites at the roof of the cave, forming pools of water on the rock below. When I was in the tunnels there were small sconces on the walls with flaming torches attached. Now that I was in the cavern the torches seemed bigger. They were attached to poles that looked like they were shoved into holes in the rock below. The presence of human lighting here was evidence of considerable human activity. My reasoning was confirmed when I saw someone.

I moved behind a giant rock and peeked my head over to see someone in a white robe. I was fairly close to this robed person, about fifteen meters away, and I could see he had a hood over his head, so I had no idea who he was. He was walking casually. I could hear him whistling as he walked. Covering his face was a black mask. The mask had very small holes where his eyes, nose, and mouth were, so his whistling, when it came out, sounded muffled and distorted. The robed person walked into a large tunnel and disappeared as he turned a corner. I came out from my hiding spot and followed him.

I found myself in a large corridor. On both sides were stone doors with numbers painted on them. 34, 35, 36… Each door had two holes: one hole was round and it was located above another hole that was rectangular. The round hole, I think, must have been the peephole. It was about one inch in radius. I didn’t know what the rectangular holes were for. I thought I heard noise coming from one of these holes, so I walked towards door 38 and looked through the peephole. My eyes widened in shocked when I saw what was inside.

There were two people inside. They were both boys and they were both naked. There was a bed on one corner of the room, and to put it simply they were having sex. The two boys looked about fifteen years old. Their clothes were lying at the base of the bed. I was surprised to find within this small room--no bigger than the average bedroom--things like a TV, a mirror, and a wardrobe. Even though this place was underground the walls were rather smooth, especially the floor, which was almost perfectly flat. The ceiling wasn’t as smooth, but that was probably because it didn’t need to be.

I walked towards door 39 and peeked inside to find a girl. She had black hair and was about five feet tall. She also looked about fifteen or sixteen years old. She sat on her bed and stared forward at the wall. Her room looked plain compared to room 38. She didn’t have a TV or anything, just a bed and a backpack near the bed. She had a nice body: a thin body, and long black hair. She looked familiar, and after a while I realized that she was Ella.

It was definitely Ella. I could recognize her body. She was dressed only in her underwear. It looked like she was reading a magazine. Even though her eyes moved around as she flicked the pages, she still seemed bored.

When I entered the cell, Ella looked up at me from her magazine.

“Shit! Keith, since when did you become a member of the order?”

“What? What order?”

“How did you get here?”

“I followed Mark down here.”

Ella took a deep breath. “Why don’t you sit down? You shouldn’t be here.”

I did what she said. When I sat down, Ella was propelled upwards a little because of my heavy weight. I wasn’t fat. These beds were just badly designed. The sudden movement didn’t bother Ella though. She continued to flick through the pages of her magazine. I looked at the article she was reading: Seven Ways to Keep your Boyfriend Happy in Bed. She wasn’t reading a porn magazine or anything. As she flicked through the pages I noticed ads of various face creams. She looked longer than usual at one ad featuring the face of a young teenage girl.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Ella asked me, pointing to the picture of the teenage girl in the ad.

“Why are you in here?” I asked. “Are you forced to work here?”

Ella shook her head. “No, I can leave anytime I want, but this is a good job. I’m making shitloads of money. Why would I want to leave?”

“Mark didn’t force you into this job?”

“He did at the beginning, but he said it was for my own good.” She paused. “He was right. Even though I didn’t want to work here at the start, I wouldn’t dream of leaving. Sometimes you don’t know what you want till you experience it.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to leave?”

Ella looked down. Even though she said she wanted to be here she certainly didn’t seem excited.

“I’ll work here till I make enough money,” she said, “and then I’ll go home. Tell my mum I’m doing good. I wanted to tell her myself, but if I leave this place, I’ll lose my job.”

Just like old times, Ella and I reached an awkward silence. This never happened between me and Lily. Ella was just a bad talker.

“So why are you down here?” asked Ella.

“I was looking for Lily.”

“What happened to Lily?” Ella seemed slightly alarmed. “Do you know where Lily is?”

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s not even in here at all.”

“I hope not.” She kneeled down and picked up a piece of paper. When she handed it to me it became apparent she was handing me a business card. “If you find her, make sure you ring me. My mobile’s on this card.”

I pocketed the card and sat still. I couldn’t believe Ella wanted to stay down here. “So…uh…I suppose I should leave now.”

Ella grinned at me strangely. “Are you still a virgin, Keith?” She placed her fingers behind her back. “You want me to take away your virginity? I’ll do it.” When she brought her hands forward from behind her I noticed her bra was moving. She had unhooked the bra from behind and it was coming off. When her bra fell, I stared at her big breasts. I was shocked more than I was aroused.

“Go on,” she said. “Touch it. Squeeze it. If you want, you can bite it.”

“Are you sure?”

She grabbed my hand and moved it towards her right breast. Her melons felt strange. They were firm and springy. I wasn’t sure if I should be touching her like this. She was forcing me though, so if anyone asks, I’ll tell them she raped me.

My moment of fun was disrupted when we both heard the sound of footsteps outside. I started to panic.

“Don’t worry,” said Ella. She reached under her bed and pulled out a white robe. “Put this on and make sure you put on the mask and cover your face with the hood. They won’t know who you are. These clothes don’t belong to me. They belong to this guy named Leon. He’s not here at the moment but he’ll arrive this afternoon so make sure you give me the clothes back this afternoon.”

“What if I don’t?”

Ella shrugged. “Maybe I can find him new clothes. But maybe not.”

Without taking off my original clothing, I jumped into the white robe, which was rather big. It was clearly designed for a fat man. This Leon guy must have been quite obese. Ella then handed me a black mask that reminded me of the Batman mask I used to wear when I was little. I heard the stone door opening.

“Leon!” screamed the guy who entered the room. “There you are! I thought I’d never find you.”

I turned around to see a short boy with white robes walking towards me. Ella tugged at my hand, so I looked down at her. It seemed like she wanted to tell me something.

“Don’t talk to him,” she whispered, “or he’ll know you’re not you, that you’re not Leon.”

The short boy looked at Ella as he walked to her. “What’s going on here?” He looked over at me. Thank God I was wearing my mask. “Did you have a good time with the lady, hey Leon? I’ll take care of her from here. You get yourself to Room 101 now. Mark’s waiting for you.”

I hesitantly turned and walked towards the door. I walked out of the room and turned left but a few seconds later the boy started screaming. I stepped back to the door and looked inside.

“Room 101’s that way,” he said, pointing to his right. “You’re supposed to turn right, not left!” He looked at me suspiciously. Perhaps he knew I wasn’t Leon.

The short boy was suddenly distracted as Ella started to take off his clothes.

As the short boy was distracted, I walked away quietly.
Sign up to rate and review this story