Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Rainy Day

A Rainy Day

by KoichiTsunade 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Jiraiya,Naruto - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-07-18 - 1990 words - Complete

0Unrated
I’m sorry for making you wait, but I’m writing the other story at the same time! XD If any of you is reading the other one, I hope you’re enjoying it!

Note: Sharingan: Saigo Kioku (meaning: Last Memory)
I just made it up. It’s to see the last memories of a dead person



15. A Rainy Day

Two months had passed since the two Sannin and Naruto came back from the Hidden Rain Village. In the next day from the arrival, everyone knew what happened, and they were all really worried about their loved Hokage. The closest people to her would each day bring her flowers, so the air would always be loaded with perfume. The second day from coming back, the doctors told Jiraiya he could go home with his new daughter. He did so, but like everyone, Naruto and he would go to visit her. She wasn’t getting any better, neither getting worse. The doctors tried many things, but nothing worked.

In their house, the converstations were shorter than ever. Naruto’s day was spent in the training grounds, though he would go home for eating and sleeping, and also for hospital visits. Because there was no one in charge for the village in that moment, the council wanted to place Jiraiya as the leader while waiting and seeing if the Godaime was going to get well (since she delivered the baby(ies), she could go back to work). The white-haired Sannin refused to take the job, saying he had to take care of his daughter, though the real reason was that the Hokage’s office was loaded with her smell. So the leader of Konoha would be Kakashi.

The girl had gotten big. She was a beautiful little girl with white hair and amber eyes. Two little lines were seeing below her big eyes. She was named Kumiko, since before her being born, the two Sannin agreed on naming her like that. There were also many people visiting Jiraiya, and the people that got to go, would get to love the little funny girl a lot.
Many times in a day Shizune and Sakura would go to Jiraiya’s house to help him take care of the babygirl. He was taught to change diapers, though Shizune would usually do it since Jiraiya the first time he did it, he threw up, saying ‘this is not a man’s thing’. Naruto laughed at him, ‘Ha! And you said I had to be a man when delivering!’. He also was taught to iron, to do the wash… well, he was taught to do everything! When seeing the “Fearest Toad Sage” in a room doing all of those chores, Naruto would laugh at him while walking through the hall.

Sasuke and his new group had finally acomplished the young Uchiha’s dream: kill Uchiha Itachi. It had been hard, but he finally did it. The Akatsuki was much weaker now without Pain and Itachi, but they were still powerful. No signs of the organization were heard or seen, and that wasn’t calming Jiraiya nor Naruto.


One beautiful day arrived in Konoha. Inside the Sannins’ house, Jiraiya and Naruto were getting ready to go to the hospital. After eating breakfast and putting the shoes on, they went outside with Kumiko in a pram. Kumiko was playing calmly with a blue and white stuffed slug that Tsunade had bought when she was three months pregnant.

When they got to the hospital, doctors in the hall smiled and said hello to the family. When they got to the Godaime’s room, the perfume from the flowers filled their lungs in an agreeable way. A slow peep sound was heard inside the room. Kumiko looked like she knew her mother was in the bed, because she smiled and started to make happy sounds while moving her arms up and down like wanting Tsunade to take her.

The Slug Princess’s face was peaceful in a way, no frown showed on it. Her hair was spread in the confortable pillow, like some plant’s roots. Her jutsu keeping her young had faded off a little bit, showing off some wrinkles.

Like everyday, they stood motionless without saying anything.

---------------------

“Did you find his body?”

“Yes, Madara-sama.” Kisame said.

“Oh great! Now let me see it. We have to get information, don’t we?”

“Hai, Madara-sama.”

Kisame lead him through the dark hall to a room were ten candles were giving a little bit of light.

“Okaaaay…” Madara got close to the body and said. “Sharingan: Saigo Kioku!” He then closed his eyes and let the body’s last memories enter his mind. “I knew Pain was an idiot… Getting killed… What a shame.” He got fast images of the blond Godaime fighting him, of how she got stabbed, and how Naruto came and killed him. When everything finished, Madara smirked. “Kisame, we’re going to head to Konoha tonight.”

“For what, sir?”

“Well, Pain thought Tsunade and Jiraiya got killed. Well, they’re still alive… And that bitch that they call Hokage was pregnant. Pain stabbed her in the stomach, but well, who knows? Maybe the baby survived. C’mon, tell every Akatsuki member to meet me in the main room.”

“Hai.” Kisame then disappeared.


After twenty minutes, the whole organization was sitting in their seats, waiting for their leader to speak. “Okay, as Kisame told you, I asked for you to meet me here. As you all know well, Pain was killed off in battle, right?” Everyone nodded. “Good. Well, Pain and I got the big surprise that Tsunade-sama was pregnant.” Everyone gasped except for Kisame, Zetsu, and himself. “Well, she fought Pain and got stabbed in the stomach. I’m sure you all guys think that the kid is dead, but what if it's not? We will not know until we go and check.”

“So you want us to go to Konoha and kill the child?” Konan said without emotion in her crystaline voice.


“Not exactly. I do want you to go to Konoha, but not to kill the baby.”

“Then, you want us to capture the Jiinchuriki?”

Madara shook his head. “You’re too far away.” He smirked and looked at every face. “I want you to go and take with you the Sannin’s child.”

--------------------------------------------------

“Let’s go back home.” Jiraiya said standing up from the chair. “Take Kumiko.”

“Hai.” Naruto said, following his movement.

When they were walking through the hall, the spotted Sakura. “Hey Sakura!” Naruto exclaimed grinning and waving his hand at her.

Sakura looked at them. “Naruto…! Don’t shout, this is a hospital, did you forget it?” She said walking towards them.

“Gomen…”

“Hello Jiraiya-sama. What a beautiful day, don’t you think?” She then noticed Kumiko in Naruto’s arms. Smiling she touched her cheek. “How are you today, Kumiko-chan?” In respond, Kumiko made one of her happy sounds. Then the kunoichi looked back at them. “You guys came to visit Tsunade-sama?” She asked, already knowing the answer.

Naruto nodded, getting serious. “Hai. And you, what are you doing?”

“Well, I always come to the hospital to help out. It relaxes me.” She said with a smile.

“Sakura, we need you in room 104.” A nurse said walking towards them. “Oh, hello Jiraiya-sama, Naruto-kun.”

“All right, I’m coming.” Sakura said. “Well, I guess I’ll see you later. Bye!” She then followed the nurse.

--------------------------

“Are you ready, Deidara?” Kisame asked looking at the Uchiha.

“Yes.”

And you Konan, are you ready?” Kisame asked.

“Yes. We should get going.”

“Hai.” Everyone said.


------Inside the Akatsuki castle.

“Madara-sama. If you don’t mind if I ask, why do you want the baby so bad? It’s just a child.” Zetsu said, who had stayed inside.

Madara smirked. “It’s not just a kid, is the kid. It’ll be strong, maybe stronger than the Sannin, who knows? Think about it. Sannin plus Sannin, what do we get? SuperSannin?” He laughed at his own joke. “And also, if we get it when it’s still a baby, when it grows up, it won’t know who its parents were.”

“Oh, alright.”

“Zetsu. What do you prefer, a girl or a boy?”

“A boy.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. It just looks better.”

Madara chuckled. “You’re offending Konan.”

“And you, Madara-sama? What do you prefer?”

“A girl.”

“……………Why?”

Madara shrugged. “Don’t know, looks better?”

----------------------------------------------

“I’m going to train. Bye.” Naruto said opening the front door.

Jiraiya looked up from the book he was reading. “Come back for dinner.”

Naruto smirked. “You act like a mother.”

Jiraiya glared at him. “Shut up.”

When he shut the door, the Sannin sighed and continued reading.


Outside was cold, so Naruto pulled up the zip from the jacket up. “Looks like the magnificant morning that we had is gone. Man, it’s gonna rain…” He muttered, looking at the sky. He hurried to the training grounds.

Jiraiya had just prepared the tea and was about to take it in his hands, when he heard a cry. Sighing, he went up the stairs. Outside the thunderstorm was heard loudly. When he got to his room, he found Kumiko crying. Taking her carefully, he hugged her. “C’mon, don’t cry. It’s just a thunderstorm, alright? See, I’m here. Everything’s right…” He whispered sweetly at her. She finally calmed down and went back to sleep.

Covering her, Jiraiya kissed her little forehead. He went downstairs back to the tea. When he was about to take it, the cup cracked. Jiraiya frowned.


In the training grounds, Naruto was soaked with water and breathing hard. He threw another kunaii and looked at all the wholes in the trees made by the kunaiis and shurikens. He felt the little hair along the back of his neck prickle. He had the distinct sense of being watched. “Who’s there?” He asked to the rain. He then heard slow footsteps getting closer to him.

A short and low laugh filled the air. “Naruto-kun. I see you sensed me.” A dark figure appeared in front of Naruto.

“Kisame!!”

“Yep, the real one.”

“You came after me?”

“Mhmm… Not really… But I’m sure our leader would love to have you!” He said happily.

“Hmph! Try to get me, brainless fish!”

---------------

Jiraiya was reading his book when he sensed someone’s chackra. Quietly, he stood up and went to the hall with a kunaii in his hand. Throwing the kunaii, he heard someone stopping it with a shuriken. “Man, you should be more carefully with those things.” Jiraiya turned the light on and saw a man with blond long hair and with Akatsuki cloathing. “Hello, I’m Deidara, and I came to fight you.” He said grinning.

--------------

In the second floor, Kumiko was peacefully sleeping in her bed, without knowing she was in great danger. Outside in her window was seen a figure. The person then turned itself to hundreds of papers which entered inside through the top and botton of the window. All of the papers then got together and a female figure stood next to Kumiko. Brushing her cheek, Konan smiled. “How cute… It’s a girl.” She took her in her arms and opened the window. Outside was still raining hard. Covering Kumiko with a blanket, Konan jumped outside.

Konan started to run heading to their base, where Uchiha Madara was waiting for her.

--------------

In Konoha Jiraiya and Naruto were fighting two of the five Akatsuki members that were still alive. None of them thought about Akatsuki real plans about taking the Sannin’s little girl…


Author’s Notes:

Okay, this was the last chapter for the fanfic… I’ll be making a sequel, but I don’t know when… Umm, so yeah, it’s the end! Hoped you liked it!! C:
Sign up to rate and review this story