Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Rainy Day

I Still Trust You

by KoichiTsunade 0 reviews

They get to the hospital.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Jiraiya,Naruto,Tsunade - Published: 2008-07-12 - Updated: 2008-07-12 - 1579 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, chapter 14 done!! This might look too short for you, but this part to the fanfic is getting really hard for me to write... Well, read and enjoy!



14. I Still Trust You


“That’s the big toad Naruto summoned before! What was his name…? Gamabunta?” Sakura said.

“Hai. That was his name, the Boss Toad. So Naruto did it!!” Shizune exclaimed happily.

“I knew he could do it. Let’s wait here for them to get close.” Kakashi suggested.

---------------

“I can see Konoha!” Naruto exclaimed.

Jiraiya looked up to the front. “Good. What’s today’s date?”

“Uhh… 23th of July… Why?” Naruto answered looking at the white-haired Sannin.

“Crap! It’s Monday, a day of work! There’ll be too many people in the streets for Gamabunta to get inside the village! We’ll have to take her running.”

“Okay, I’ll take her.”

“No. I’ll do it.”

“You’re injured! You won’t be able to-!”

“Naruto, do you really think you’re strong enough to carry her?”

Naruto grimaced. “Fine. So then I’ll take the baby.”

Jiraiya nodded. He then slid his hands under Tsunade’s knees and lifted her up. “Get ready, Naruto.”


When they got next to the gate, Naruto carefully jumped from Gamabunta’s back, closely followed by Jiraiya. Jiraiya turned around and faced the Boss Toad. “Gamabunta, thanks for taking us. I really appreciated this.”

“No problem! Good luck!” Gamabunta shouted and then disappeared behind white smoke.

The two of them started to run towards the gate, without saying anything, too concetrated on what they had to do. But their conentration didn’t last too long.

“JIRAIYA-SAMA!! NARUTO-KUN!! You guys are all right!!”

Jiraiya and Naruto turned their heads towards the three shinobis who were running towards them. “Sakura-chan…!” Naruto exclaimed, stopping to look at her.

“Naruto!! We can’t stop right now! We have to take her to the hospital!” Jiraiya said, now him being the one infront of Naruto.

“Oh hai!” Naruto stopped looking at the pink-haired kunoichi and continued his path.

When Kakashi and the other two finally caught them, Kakashi ran next to Jiraiya. Looking down at the figure soaked with blood and water, he asked, “Who’s that, Jiraiya-sama!?”

“She’s Tsunade! We’re taking her to urgencies, she lost too much blood!!”

“NANI!!??”

When Shizune heard that, she hurried to run in Jiraiya’s left side. “WHAT HAPPENED!!??” She asked, horrified.

“She fought Pain!”

Sakura was running along with Naruto. “What the hell happened for you guys to be half dead!!??”

“No time to explain!” Naruto and the Sannin said at unison.

The streets were all crowded with people who where getting to start working since the sun just came out. People who were passed by the group shrieked when seeing all the blood two of them carried, like if they were two assasins that had just killed a person and were trying to escape. Others would just look at them with big eyes and then move to let them continue running.

---------------

“What don’t you sit here while you wait for the doctor to come, Mrs?” A nurse asked an old lady who had arrived to the hospital.

“Alright, I hope he doesn’t-.” She couldn’t finish the sentence since a window was broken behind her.

Some surprised yells were heard. A gigantic man had just kicked a window and was passing through it, followed by other people. “We need a room quickly!!” He shouted.

When he got under the light, the people inside gasped. One of the Lengendary Sannin, Jiraiya the Toad Sage, had in his arms an unrecognizable femaly body, all covered in blood. He took quick steps forward, leaving a footprint made of mud, water, and blood, all mixed together. For their increasing surprise, the Nine Tails Fox container appeared behind him, with the same appearance.

Four doctors hurried to get to Jiraiya carrying a stretcher with them. “Please, place her here!” One of them said to the white-haired man.

Jiraiya hesitated, but finally did what the doctor told him. When she was set, they moved on, followed by Jiraiya and Naruto.

“Get her inside this one!!”

“Take her and put her over there…”

“She has issues breathing! Take the resuscitator!”

Many orders where heard inside the room and also heard in the hall. When Jiraiya tried to get in, someone stopped him. “Sir, you’re not allowed to get in.”

“But if she’s-!”

“We’ll go in and help!” The doctor and the Sannin turned around to see Shizune and Sakura coming. “Jiraiya-sama, it’s better if you let the medics treat you, you’re also injured. I don’t know how you could even walk…!” Shizune said.

“I won’t until-!”

“Jiraiya-sama! We know what we’re doing! I’ll go to your room and tell you how she is.” Sakura said.

“A-alright.”

“I’ll take you to your room, Jiraiya-sama. Follow me, please.” A new doctor said.

Before following her, Jirayia looked at Naruto, and then at the first doctor. “Where can we place the baby?”

“All of the people who heard that gasped. “W-what baby…?” The doctor dared to ask.

Jiraiya pointed at Naruto. “That baby.”

“Where did you get it!?” The doctor asked, his eyes widening up.

Jiraiya then pointed at Tsunade’s room. “Hers.”

Sakura and Shizune who didn’t notice before the baby that Naruto was holding, gasped. “Nani!? They survived!?” Shizune whispered.

“No. I would say the baby girl survived.” Jiraiya corrected her, closing his eyes and frowning.

“Wait a minute. We still don’t know the woman’s identity.” The doctor said.

“She’s Tsunade-hime.” Jiraiya answered.

“NANI!!?? What happened…? Never mind, you’ll tell us after you have rested.” He looked at Shizune and Sakura. “Let’s get in. Right now we have a lot of work to do.”

“Please, follow me. You too, Uzumaki. We have to place the baby and feed her.” The doctor that was going to show Jiraiya’s room said, walking away.


They got to a room, where all newborn babies were held. “Please, place her here. I’ll call a nurse to take care of her. Wait here.” The doctor got out from the room.

“Jiraiya-sensei, you really think we should place her here, alone in the room without me or you?” Naruto asked looking at the sleepy baby in front him.

“Yes, I think so. They’ll take a good care of her, ‘cause I’m sure they know what would happen to them.” Jiraiya responded looking at his grandson.

“Okay, this is the baby. Take care of her, and the first thing you need to do is feed her. I’m sure she’s hungry.” The two shinobi turned around when hearing the voice. Behind the doctor was a young nurse who looked shy.

“H-hai. No need to worry, I’m ready to do this.” She said.

The doctor nodded and then looked at Jiraiya. “Please sir, follow me.”


“This is you room. Lay down there and rest. A doctor will come and treat your injuries.”

“What about me?” Naruto asked.

“You can wait for results, or just go home. Do whatever you want to do.”

“I’ll be in the waitroom.”

The doctor nodded, and also got outside the room.

Jiraiya tried to sleep, but he couldn’t. Inside his mind, images about Tsunade in the back of Gamabunta’s back tormented him. He finally managed to rest a little bit.


After two hours of sleeping, the white-haired Sannin woke up. He looked at the ceiling, and wondered where he was. He then remembered everything. “Hime!!” He shouted standing up and getting to the door. He got to the hall and started to run through it. When he was about to turn to the left, Jiraiya bumped into Naruto.

“Ow! Who the he-! Jiraiya-sensei! What are you doing in the middle of the hall!?”

Jiraiya looked down at him. “How are they!?”

“I was heading to your room to tell you. Let’s go inside so you can lay back.”


When they got inside, Jiraiya sat down in a bed, while Naruto sat in the other one. Their eyes met, stare to stare, frown to frown.

“Your daughter is fine. Right now she’s sleeping.” He then broke their gaze and looked around the room. “About Baachan… They’re not sure. She lost too much blood during the fight, and more during the birth. The doctors said she might not survive, since her percentage for living is really low…” The blonde answered looking again at his black eyes, looking inside for a reaction.

Jiraiya stood up, and slowly went to the window that was opened. Planting his elbows on the sill and lacing his fingers, he stared outside, not knowing what to say.

After what felt forever, Jiraiya looked back at Naruto who was still sitting in the bed, concerned about his grandfather. The white-haired forced a little smile. “She will survive, you’ll see.” Looking back at the sky, he whispered. “I still trust you.”


Author's Notes:


IMPORTANT IF YOU READ MY FANFICS!
I'll be writing a new fanfic after I finish "A Rainy Day". You can see the preview in my profile! (Title of new fanfic: Nothing's Right)

Okay, my family members are now gone, sooo I'll ger to have more time for thinking and writing. Hope you like how this fanfic is getting to!
Sign up to rate and review this story