Categories > Anime/Manga > s-CRY-ed > His Promise

The Name

by anicka 2 reviews

Ryuhou makes a promise to Scheris to protect her. This promise brings them closer than ever before. (Episode 24 spoiler)

Category: s-CRY-ed - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ryuhou Ryu, Scheris Adjani - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-02-27 - Updated: 2006-02-27 - 1281 words - Complete

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I do not own s-CRY-ed.


Ryuhou walked around the HOLY headquarters trying to find something. What he was trying to find he wasn't sure of himself. He just kept walking. He reached the door to Commander Sigmar's office and thought about going in to see if he had any more news about the native altar user named Kazuma. Instead, he backed away from the door, and bumped into someone.

"Ryuhou, watch out!" Scheris yelled, but it was too late. The papers she was holding were already on the floor. "You should look behind you before you back up you know."

"Oh! Scheris, I'm sorry. Let me help you." Ryuhou bent down and began to pick up a few papers. He stopped when he noticed a certain name on one them.

"What is it," Scheris asked trying to look over at the paper Ryuhou was holding to see what had him so surprised.

"It's nothing. I just thought I saw a name that I knew. I was mistaken." He stood back up and gave Scheris the papers he was holding. "Do you think I could talk to you later?"

"Sure! Where do you want me to meet you?"

"On the bridge after you get off," Ryuhou replied quietly.

"Okay, no problem." Scheris smiled and continued on her way.

--Flashback--

Ryuhou stood across from Commander Sigmar as he gave him orders to go after a native altar.

"We have just now found out that instead of one altar user, there are three. All three have been considered very dangerous. They have been the cause of riots in the Lost Ground. They wish to defy us, so we will show them what happens when that is the path they choose to take."

"Of course, Commander. I'm on my way now. Leave it to Zetsuei and me," Ryuhou answered.

"There is one more thing--"


--End Flashback--

Ryuhou stood waiting at the bridge. 'In five minutes she will be off duty. What do I say to her? I could tell her about-- No I can't do that. It will just upset her, maybe frighten her. I couldn't do that to her. She shouldn't have to relive it. Why did I tell her to meet me? What am I suppose to say--'

"Ryuhou?"

Ryuhou turned around and saw Scheris standing behind him. She had taken her HOLY uniform off, and had put on green pants and a white shirt with a long purple sweater over it. He smiled. It reminded him of the first time he saw her.

"What did you want to see me about? Is there something wrong? Is it about that native altar?"

"It's not about Kazuma. I just wanted to see you. That's all," Ryuhou said.

"You see me everyday. There is something bothering you. I have a feeling that something is bothering you. What is it? You know you can tell me," Scheris replied.

Ryuhou stood watching the waves of traffic go by underneath where they were standing. What was he going to say? He was too silent. She had already noticed that something was wrong with him, and it shouldn't have bothered him to tell her what was bothering him. It was not a big deal to him. He had beat them before, but one of them managed to escape. He would just have to find him. That wouldn't be that hard, would it?

"Ryuhou," Scheris asked. "You're just standing there. I want to talk to you. I want you to talk to me. Please tell me!"

Ryuhou turned and looked in her eyes. They were filled with hatred and anger. It wasn't directed toward Scheris, but to that man; to that native altar. How could he have done what he did. How?

Scheris had told him awhile back what happened, and he would never forget. Anytime he looked at her, he wondered how she stayed so strong. Of course he knew that she was a strong girl, and could never be frightened by anything, but he couldn't keep from asking himself the question, 'Would I be scared?'

--Flashback-- (Scheris's POV)

I don't know what cause me to do it, but I did. It was done, and I couldn't go back now. I knew that I would be punished for it, but I didn't know what to do. I didn't know--

"You stupid girl!"

I was grabbed and thrown to the ground. I knew I was in for it, but for some reason it hadn't phased me yet. I really didn't care.

The man called Sato grabbed me by my hair and pulled me into the building we occupied. We went down some stairs then came to a door. He opened the door, pushed me in, and locked it. Unknowing to what they were planning on doing to me, I went to the wall and sat down. I put my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

I was filthy from being tossed on the ground. My hair was tangled from being pulled. My shirt was ripped from being tugged on.

There was no light in the room except for what came from the room next door, which I could see into from a window. I saw Sato walk in there followed by the rest of his gang. He was laughing. Why was he laughing?

"Hmf, you betrayed us. Now you're going to see what happens."

They continued to laugh. What were they going to do? I looked down at the floor. There were letters and numbers written, and some had a big 'X' through them.

"Yeah, you're going to regret it!"

There was more laughter. It was evil. They were trying to scare me. I wouldn't show them any fear. I knew better than that.

Suddenly, the ceiling began to cave in. What could be going on? What happened? I squinted as the sunlight hit my eyes.

Then I saw him; my savior; my hero.

He spoke to me, "Are you alright?"

He's asking me if I'm alright? Who is this man?

"I am a member of HOLY, a department of HOLD. All the criminals here are now under our custody. You're free to go now."

Did he really just say what I thought he said? "I'm free to go, and I can do whatever I want?"

He replied looking right at me with a small smile on his face. "Of course you can. That's what it means to be free."

I couldn't stop the tear that fell down my face. I'm free? Yes, I really am free.


--End Flashback--

Ryuhou turned away from Scheris. She deserved to know what he saw.

"Scheris, that name on the paper, I knew that person. He managed to get away from me some time ago when I went to detain three altar users. The name was Sato; Sato, Ken'ichi."

Scheris's eyes widened. She knew that name. She knew that man. That man she used to have nightmares about. That man who's face she saw anytime she saw a native altar. All of them were Sato to her. She could never forget that person.

"I'll find him, Scheris. I promise."

"He's still after me. He could never forgive me for what I did. His friends. It's all my fault," Scheris said silently.

"I won't let him hurt you again. You did what you had to do. You came to us. You told us where they were, and we followed them. You did the right thing," Ryuhou replied.

"I know, but I still feel--"

"That's okay." Ryuhou stood up and turned around. "I'm going to find him, no matter what."



Author's Notes: Please review! Constructive criticism is welcome. No flames!
Sign up to rate and review this story