Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Lost In Middle Earth

Nor Bid My Land Farewell

by sammywrae 0 reviews

Harry and Sally continue their camping trip....

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody - Characters: Draco,Harry,Hermione,Luna,Neville - Published: 2008-07-26 - Updated: 2008-07-26 - 1568 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next morning, Faramir met them one last time.

"Have fun"

"Aren't you going to tell us we should come back to your court, so as to prove we are not faithless, and you are not an idiot?" Hermione asked.

"You really think you are coming back at all?"

"Good point" She looked to the south, where Gollum was hiding under a rock "What do you know Cirith Regulus?" She watched as Faramir fainted "Well - that answers that question" She leaned over and slapped him.

"Mother?" He looked up "Sorry. What were you saying?"

"She asked you what you knew about Cirith Regulus" Harry said, then smirked when Charlie fainted again. Hermione turned to glare at him.

"Was that strictly necessary?"

"No - but it was kind of fun" He noticed Charlie was stirring "But I think we should go before he wakes"

"Good point"

xoxox

Dear Diary,

Ron is leading us onwards, and from what Faramir said, I am pretty sure that I know what is coming in the near future.

You mean other than a giant spider that I have to kill?

No - pretty much just that. Except...

Except what?

Can you really picture Ron teaming up with a spider?

Now you come to mention it...

Eh - we can burn that bridge when we come to it.

xoxox

Dear Diary,

We are approaching the end of this part of our journey. Minas Morgul is just in front of us.

Is it just me, or does it look like Hogwarts?

Yes. Well - assuming Hogwarts had been home to an evil, malevolent entity for a great number of years.

Like Snape?

Very funny.

I thought so.

Aren't you in the least bit concerned about the huge, massive army that came out of the gates a few hours ago?

To be honest? No.

Really? Why not?

Because if they are heading west, then they are not looking for us.

And what about Minas Tirith? And Rohan?

They're screwed either way.

Why?

Either they get invaded by a big army, or the big army catches and kills us, and then invades them anyway.

Wow. That was almost profound. Who are you and what have you done with Harry?

Very funny.

I thought so.

xoxox

"You realise that, now we have passed the cross-roads, we have to make a choice" Hermione said, staring up at the cliffs in front of them.

"I know" Harry sat down, and pulled her down next to him "Do you have any preferences?"

"Given the choice, I would rather not end up naked"

"Really?" He looked at her in surprise.

"Why does that surprise you?" She frowned at him.

"Well - so many of the other fanfics make you out to be a naturist, I just thought..." He trailed off.

"I see I am going to have to have words with some of these authors, aren't I?" Her eyes narrowed, and Harry could not restrain a gulp of fear.

"So - the naked thing is out then?" He said hesitantly.

"Yes" She thought for a moment, then suddenly her eyes lit up "I have an idea!"

"Cool" He watched her for a few minutes "Care to share this idea?"

"Okay" She looked all around, then leaned over, and stared whispering in her idea.

xoxox

Half an hour later, they crept up to the entrance to Cirith Regulus, and, while Hermione held out the Mirror Of Galadriel (tm), Harry turned the torch on.

"I am going to kill him when I get home" Harry said under his breath "At least the last time I did this, I could use my wand"

"Don't worry - it'll be fine" She held out the mirror, and peered round the corner "Okay - I think I see it coming. You go hide over there"

"Yes Mistress" He smirked at the flash of annoyance in her eyes, then ran over to hide behind a rock. A moment later, he watched a huge shape slither out of the passage they had been staring down. For a moment, its head swayed back and forth, then he saw Hermione hold up the Mirror Of Galadriel (tm), and watched in surprise as the basilisk - the most feared and dangerous of serpents - fell over on its side, having petrified itself. He held his breath for a moment, then - when it didn't get up - he stood up, and walked over to where Hermione was staring down at the body of the snake "I really didn't think that would work"

"You doubted me?" She gave him one of her special 'DIE NOW' glares, but the effect of it was muted by the massive smile she had on her face "Okay - I didn't think it would work either, but hey - we caught a break"

"So - you think you can pull the next part off?"

"I'll give it a shot" She lifted up her hand, and started to slip it down the front of her jumper, but noticed he was looking at her with a smirk "Do you mind?"

"No - I am quite happy"

"Turn. Around. Now" She glared at him, and this time he did as he was told. A moment later he heard her voice "Turn back" He turned round, and - as he expected - she wasn't there.

"Well - the ring seems to be working" He smiled.

"Indeed" Hermione's disembodied voice came back "Now - take a step back" She waited until he was out of the way, then she turned to the basilisk "Transmutus regulus ad sum"

For a moment, nothing happened, then suddenly the body of the basilisk transformed in to a carbon copy of Hermione. She pulled off the ring, then beamed at Harry.

"Seems your mother was right" She said "These rings do permit us to work outside the story"

"That would have been helpful a lot earlier you know" Harry frowned.

"I know, but if it makes you feel better, right now I have this urge to conquer the world and kill everyone I come across who won't bow to me" She said in a light tone, then - at the expression on his face - she added "Don't worry. It's not that strong an urge. But I think if I use the ring over and over, it will just get worse, until I won't be able to give in" He stared at her for a moment, then shrugged.

"Okay. No more using the ring for you"

"Damn right" She looked down at the copy of her body "Well - I guess I should..."

"Yeah" He looked at her "Do you want me to turn around again?"

"If you could"

xoxox

"So - Mithril Coat, sword, robes and general hobbit like stuff. Is that everything?" Harry asked.

"I think so. The orcs should mistake that for me, and then take it up to the tower" She replied with a smile.

"And the spell will fade off..."

"About thirty minutes. Then it will revert to being a basilisk, and stop being petrified" She giggled at the images in her mind "I think the orcs might get a bit of a shock"

"No kidding" He looked up at the sound of voices "We should hide" They both ran over to a group of rocks, and hid behind them. A moment later, two figures shuffled in to view, and both Harry and Hermione let out a gasp of recognition.

"Seems Shelob found another victim" The first said "And quite a tasty one at that"

"Don't start Goyle" The second one smacked him "We have to take her to the tower, then report to The Dark Tower"

"Are you sure we couldn't..."

"No. The Dark Lord will have our head"

"Okay Crabbe - have it your way" They picked up the body of Hermione's duplicate, and shuffled back down the passage. Harry watched them go, then turned back to Hermione who was shivering.

"Min?"

"Just picturing being paralysed in Goyle and Crabbe's clutches" She shuddered again "I think I owe your mother a very big thank you" She collapsed in to his arms.

"It'll be fine" He said softly, stroking her hair "They can't get you now"

"I know" She shivered again "Hey - you never got to sing your song"

"True" He smiled "But in comparison to saving you..."

"Will you sing it for me now?"

"Really?"

"Please?"

"Okay" She at back up, then he took a deep breath, let it out, then turned to face her "Just remember - I didn't have a lot of time to put this together so..." She nodded in understanding, then sat back and listened as he sang...

In Hogwarts School beneath the sun,
The mandrakes may grow in spring.
The spiders crawl, the centaurs run,
The merry merefolk sing.
And students gather in the halls
To learn their magic skill
From dawn of day until night falls
As did the Founders will

Though Tom is back and we may fall
As shadows grow 'ere deep
I trust that my friends, one and all
That they the faith shall keep.
For after night, the dawn will come
And darkness can not dwell
I will not say that we are done
Nor bid my school farewell.

xoxox

And so ends Part Two of "Lost In Middle Earth". Stay tuned for Part Three, which will follow in due course.
Sign up to rate and review this story