Categories > Original > Romance > The Missing Piece

A Little Bit Longer

by bellaluvsnick 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-10-04 - 669 words

0Unrated
A Little Bit Longer


"...And thank you Lord for everything you have blessed us with. Amen." Kevin finished as he and his brothers headed down the hall to the stage.

"You okay, Nick? You look a little.......weird." Joe said looking worriedly at his brother

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little......nervous.”

"Nervous, that’s a good one Nick," Kevin said, "But still you don’t look to good, so don't push it too much out there."

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. Really."

¤¤¤¤

Half way through the concert Nick sat down at a white piano that had been moved to center stage.

"This is a song I wrote while we were up in Canada shooting Camp Rock-"

He paused to let them screaming that had erupted die down.

"And it had been one of those days where my blood sugar was out of control and I was feeling really down. So I was at our hotel and I found a piano and just started writing. For me this song is about my struggle with diabetes, but it can mean different things to different people. So I want all the broken hearts and all the lost dreams and every person who's ever been let down to sing at the top of there lungs. Cause something happens when 6,000 people come together to sing a song, right?"

He played the first few chords and began to sing.

Got the news today
But they said I had to stayA little bit longer and I'll be fine
When I thought it'd all be done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know.
All this time moves by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
Waitin' on a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
You don't know what its like to feel so low.
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know, know, know.
You don't even know, no


He watched Joe and Kevin come out from the shadows with their guitars.
That's when he saw her.

She was inches away from Joe's feet, but she was oblivious to him. She was watching him, Nick. She had beautiful glassy green eyes. She finally realized he was staring at her. But to his surprise she didn't look away.

A sour note from Joe knocked him out of his trance.

He could barely remember the rest of the words to the song.

And you don't know what you got 'til it's gone.
Don't know what it's like to feel so low, yeah!
And every time you smile or laugh you glow,
You don't even know! yeah! whoa!

So I'll wait 'til kingdom come.
All the highs and lows are gone.
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
I'll be...fine


¤¤¤¤

He kept watching her through the rest of the performance. She barely took her eyes off him. They had definitely made eye contact several times.

When You Look Me in the Eyes was their last song. He kept steady eye contact with through the entire song. As they took their final bow he waved at her. She waved back and blew him a kiss.

He had too meet her. That was all there was to it.

¤¤¤¤

When they finally left the stage Joe turned to his brother, "Nick, Hello? Nicolas Jonas, are you still in there? I've never seen you space out that bad."

"Did you see her?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, " Kevin replied, "We saw her and I think she was all you saw."

"I've got to find her." Nick said, "I have to."
Sign up to rate and review this story