Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued...Again

Trust My Love Again - JULY 29

by AlexSanDee 12 reviews

Heart to Heart

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-07-29 - 1399 words

5Moving
Gerard felt his heart start to beat again. He looked deeply into her beautiful eyes. “Monica?”
“Take us home, Gee.” She whispered.
Gerard closed the distance between them. He pulled her into his arms. “I’m so sorry, so sorry.” He chanted. “Oh God, I thought I’d lost you forever.”
“Never.” Monica whispered. She closed her eyes and hugged him tightly.
“I was so afraid.” He said spilling out his emotions, “I didn’t think you could ever forgive me.” His lips crashed down on her. All the pain and fear were fading. The kiss left them both breathless.
He pulled away needing to make her understand, “I swear to you. I will do everything in my power to make you trust in my love again. My family means the world to me. Without you and the girls my life is empty. I will gain your trust again, please believe me.”
Monica looked deeply into his eyes. “Kelly was so hurt.”
“I was devastated when I found out how badly I’d hurt her. I never meant to hurt her and I told her that. She says she believes me.” He paused, “She said she believes in me.”
“I do too.” Monica whispered as she reached out to touch his face. She knew he needed to understand. “She knows about Liv and what happened. I didn’t tell her.” Monica still had trouble sometimes understanding her daughter’s gift.
Gerard nodded, “She told me she knew. Kara knows too.”
Monica was shocked, “You told Kara?”
“I thought she had a right to know what happened to fucking drive me over the edge. I wanted her to understand that what I did was never because I’d stopped loving you.” He pulled her to his chest and poured out his heart. “I can’t believe this. I wanted so badly to believe you would forgive me but I just couldn’t let myself.” His voice broke with emotion, “You are really back in my arms.”
“Where I belong.” Monica whispered.
“God, yes.” Gerard rocked her gently, “Where you belong.” He leaned down and kissed her neck. She felt his tears touch her skin. “Monica, I love you so much.”
“I love you too, Gee.” She spoke from her heart.
He took a step back and Monica watched as he dug into his pocket with trembling fingers. Her breath caught as she saw him pull out Elena’s locket. “Monica, when I gave this to you, I gave you my heart. This belongs to you. It always will.”
As she turned and swept the hair from her neck so he could fasten the piece she realized how much she had missed the locket. A feeling of peace filled her soul. She reached up and touched it. Gerard saw the smile on her face when she turned around.
He wondered if he could ever make her believe how much he truly loved her. In her eyes he saw the love she had for him. He broke eye contact and looked down. “I have your engagement ring, too.”
Monica knew she’d be a fool not to admit she still clung to some of the pain he’d caused. She wanted to let go of it. Gerard understood her silence.
“I know it will take time to repair the damage that’s been done to our relationship. I will wait forever.”
“No, Gee. Not forever. I want to be your wife. I want to let go of the hurt.” She took a deep breath, “I just want our happily ever after.”
“Oh God, so do I.” Gerard whispered. His fingers were still trembling as he pulled the ring from his pocket. He held the ring in his fingers and looked deeply into her eyes, “I promise you with all my heart, I will do everything I can to make you happy. I will love you. I will treasure you, always.”
Monica held out her hand and he slipped the ring onto her finger. “I love you, Gee.” Tears of happiness flowed down her cheeks.
“I love you too, Honey.” He said as he pulled her to him once again.
They heard the front door open and a minute later Kelly appeared in the doorway. “I’m just grabbing Elle’s other shoes.” She said, hating that she’d interrupted them. “The ones she has on are giving her blisters.”
Monica and Gerard smiled at her. “It’s okay, Kelly.” Monica smiled.
“Really?” She had hoped with all her heart that seeing them in each other’s arms meant this was truly over. That things were finally right again.
Elle appeared next to Kelly. “Mes don’t wanna go to pawk. Me’s wanna stays ear.”
“But you can’t.” Monica said softly. “You can’t stay here. It’s time for us to go home.”
Kelly gasped, “Home?”
Gerard tightened his arm around Monica’s shoulder. He waited for her to explain.
Monica smiled and spoke the words she’s been afraid she’d never speak. “Yeah, home. We’re going home.”

Late that night as Monica climbed into bed she couldn’t help but feel nervous. So much had changed in one day. She and the girls had moved their stuff back into the house. They were truly home. Still there were so many things that had been left unsaid. She took a calming breath only to feel her heart begin to race again as Gerard walked into the bedroom. He too appeared nervous.
“I tucked the girls in.” He said as he walked towards the bed.
“Bet they were happy to be back in their room again.” Monica answered softly.
He nodded, “But not as happy as I am.” He climbed into bed slowly. “I know there are still so many things we need to discuss.”
Monica smiled, “Yeah, a few things.”
Her smile made him relax a bit. “So Christa really contacted everyone and told them our wedding was off?”
Her smiled faded, “Yeah, she did.” She looked into his eyes. “And I had Brian tell Sarah we wouldn’t be adopting her baby.”
“Do you wish you hadn’t?” He asked suddenly.
Monica wasn’t sure what he meant, “I didn’t know what else to do.” Her voice lowered, “I didn’t think we would be getting married.”
“But you really wanted the baby?” He had to know her true feelings.
“More than anything. I know at first I didn’t sound very happy with the idea but I was dealing with taking care of Liv and trying to keep that fact from you.”
He leaned on his elbow and looked down at her, “God, I wish I had known what was going on.”
“Liv didn’t want you to know.” Monica reminded him softly.
He nodded, “I understand. I just know how hard that was for you.”
“Gee, I don’t want to talk about it anymore.” She whispered.
“Understood.” He answered before leaning down and kissing her lips gently. “Monica, I have to tell you something about the baby. Brian hasn’t talked to Sarah.”
“What?” Monica was shocked.
“He said he was sure you and I would work out our problems. He told me he wouldn’t do anything until I got back.”
Monica processed the information. “So there is a chance we can still adopt the baby?”
“I think so.” He admitted, “I mean if you still want to we should talk to Sarah together. Tell her we are working through our problems but that we are together.” He laid his head on the pillow next to her and looked deeply into her eyes, “And that someday we’re going to be married.” He didn’t want to push her into marriage. He knew she needed time to believe in their love again.
“Someday.” Monica repeated slowly. She reached down and intertwined her fingers with his.
“When you trust my love again.” Gerard answered. “No matter how long that takes I will wait.” He slowly raised her hand and kissed her finger that wore her engagement ring. “When you are ready.” He whispered.
Monica saw the love in his eyes. She did not doubt. He was shocked when she spoke, “How about next Saturday?”
He pulled her into his arms. He knew he had found his way home. “Yes.” He whispered. “God, yes.”
Sign up to rate and review this story