Categories > Celebrities > Aerosmith > Precious

Chapter 5

by SDH 4 reviews

Choices are made

Category: Aerosmith - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1410 words - Complete

1OOC
After Joe left, Steven took a power nap; a power nap that lasted most of the day. He felt great, his headache was gone and he felt he could take on the world. Was he still angry? Not really, hurt, yes but a roaring anger, no.

He went off to his gym and worked out-he was getting use to that-it was getting where he had to do this or he just didn’t feel right. He thought about this morning as he worked.

He thought about that man. Poor Joe. One of the sexiest guitar players around and he was getting shoved away like an unwanted dog. He didn’t have Tom anymore and he said he wouldn’t be with Joey again. He knew that he wouldn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell with Brad. Kim kept him on a very short leash.

Joe was alone. Alone is a horrible place to be. He felt it was his responsibility. He turned Joe on to this-he had created this monster. He was the only one that could help.

He showered and changed, but he was still thinking about what Joe had said: I know what you’ll say tonight.

That statement had him wondering. So Joe knew that he’d say yes? Or was Joe certain that his answer would be no.

But then there’s Joey. He sat on the bed as he thought. Sad thing was, before he went to that garage, he had been trying to figure out how to let Joe down easy. He couldn’t risk losing Joey to an affair. He would have been with Joe in a heartbeat if he thought Joey wouldn’t find out.

Joey changed everything. Joey fucked Joe, and yeah ok it was twice. Still he fucked him-not a hand job, straight up fucking. He wondered if Joey had pondered what would happen if he had found out. Did he really think of the consequences that he might find out about his affair? How hurt he would be by their actions?

Joe was right-life is short, and he probably is going through his mid life crisis. Still, he wondered about Joey and why he did what he did. Of course he was always afraid of him and Joe getting back together. He reasoned that Joey had done it to protect himself. He did it just to keep them apart.

Then he thought about Joey going hard on Joe. It would have been fun to watch, under different circumstances.

Nevertheless, he decided that he wouldn’t confront him. He was certain that Joe had told him the truth.

Still what was he going to do? He grabbed his phone; he had to call Tom to see how he felt.

“Hey Tom bone.”

“Hey, what’s up?”

“Can you speak freely? And I mean very freely.” He played with the fringe of his pillow as he spoke.

“Yeah, what?”

“Tom, I was wondering how you feel about Joe?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you still in love with him?”

There was silence.

“Tom?”

“Yeah Steven, what are you getting at?”

“I know about what happened between you two, Joe told me when you left him.”

“Oh.” Tom’s voice was in disgust.

“Hey he had to tell someone, and I never told nobody.”

“Why are you asking me? Are you interested in him?”

“He was asking me if I wanted to be with him, and I, fuck Tom I don’t know what to do.”

“What about Joey? Are you seriously going to walk away from him?”

“No, I’m not leaving him. I was just wondering if you would consider going back to Joe. That’s all. Get him off my back-”

“I can’t.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I thought about it a lot before I told him we were done. I didn’t want to hurt him, but I did. I can’t do it anymore. I’m sorry Steven.”

“I understand.”

“So you’re really gonna cheat on Joey?” Tom’s voice was hushed.

“I dunno.” He wanted to say, ‘Since you’re no help at all, I will.’

“Be careful about this. When he finds out, he won’t forgive you.”

“Joe just wants a little time together, that’s all, not a total commitment.”

“That’s what he said to me too, just once in a while, and before I knew it, it was every other week.

“I don’t know if you realize that Joey keeps tabs on you. When we’re on the road, he keeps his eye on you a lot.”

“Yeah I know.”

“And fuck, you two are neighbors,” Tom added, “He’ll find out.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Steven admitted. “I’ll just have to get Joe to understand that I can’t risk it. I can’t risk losing Joey.”

“That’s you’re best bet-I know it’s hard Steven, but it’s for the best. Joey cares about you, he’d never hurt you.”

Steven felt his eyes well up. Joey already hurt him badly. “Yeah, you’re right. He wouldn’t hurt me.”

“Joe will be all right. You gotta live for yourself. Stop putting everyone ahead of your own happiness.”

“Yeah.” He sighed. “I let you go. Thanks for talking sense into me. Bye.”

“Bye.”

___________________________________________________


Joe was outside, shoveling horseshit waiting for the call. He wanted to be alone when he got it. It was almost too much to bear, waiting for that phone to ring. He felt despair in his heart. He needed him; he needed his love-even if he wasn’t his main, just some scrap of love that’s all.

He thought as his shovel scraped against the cold concrete. I should have taken him this morning, but he was just so out of it, I couldn’t. I couldn’t have taken advantage of him. He stopped and sat on a hay bale and rubbed at his bad knee. What will I do without him?


“Do you want some help?” He heard Billie ask.

He looked up and saw her around the corner. “Naw I’m just taking a break.”

She sat down beside him. “It’s cold out here, too cold for you to be doing this.”

“Cold doesn’t stop horses from shitting.”

“Yeah but you do hire people to do this. Besides, you have to be careful, I don’t want you twisting your knee. The show in London's not that far away.”

He lit a cigarette but said nothing.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah.” He answered but left it at that.

“Well, I’m going in.” She stood and looked at him. “How long are you gonna stay out here?”

“I’m about done. Just got another stall.” He stood and began to shovel. “I’ll be in soon.”

She silently left, he watched her walk back to the house. “What will I do without you?” He muttered.

He was jumped when his phone rang. He looked and saw Steven’s number. In a way, he was glad that it was going to be done with. “Yeah.”

“Hey Joe.”

“How are you?”

“Great, great.” He cleared his voice. “You know why I called.”

“Oh yeah.”

“I’ve thought it over, and,” He was silent. “Joe, I’ll be there for you, anytime anywhere-”

“What? You mean it?” He was stunned.

“I mean it, let me know where, and when and I go. I want to. I miss you.”

Joe could hardly think straight. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah I thought about it all day, and I want to,” He said in a low sexy voice then quickly added. “But I can’t leave him.”

“Yeah.”

“I mean it Joe, I can’t leave Joey for you.”

“Yeah I know.” He stopped to gather his thoughts, “God I thought for sure you’d say ‘no’.”

“How could I say no to somebody I love so much?”

Joe felt himself blink hard.

“Do you love me?”

“Yes.” His eyes looked around for anybody that would be eavesdropping. He was alone. “Yes I love you.”

“I love you too. So where and when?”

Joe sat on the hay again. “How about tomorrow?”

“Yeah that’s good for me. Why don’t you email me the directions and the time?”

“Yeah, that would work.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah,” He was still shocked. “Yeah tomorrow.”

“Goodnight Joe-Joe.”

“Goodnight baby.”
Sign up to rate and review this story