Categories > Original > Romance > Silence

Just friends.

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1096 words

0Unrated
I opened my eyes. I could see the dusky sky above me. Birds were singing, as if glad to have me back. I could hear voices, but I couldn't understand them. I shoke the water out of my ears, and gulped in a breath of air.

"How long has she been unconsious?" I heard a strange voice ask.

"Only a few hours. Shes been breathing, though." I heard the familiar voice reply. Jacob. He rescued me. He saved me life. The life of a stranger. No, I thought. We're not strangers anymore.

I sat up, couching. Both men looked down at me, and I could see Jacob rushing to my side, in relief.

"Anna! Honey, are you ok? Can you hear me?" He asked. His eyes filled with tears. Wow. He does like me.

"Yah, I'm fine. My throat just hurts a little. And I'm cold." I said. I felt his warm hands collapse around me. His lips touched my hair. It sent chills up my body.

"Let me take you home. You need to get inside, and warm up." Jacob said, lifting me up. He walked towards the stranger, nodding as he got closer.

"Shes ok. I'm just gonna take her home, now. Thank you so much for your help, Tyler." he said to the stranger. The stranger looked at me, and smiled. I had to thank him.

"Thank you so much. I owe you." I crocked. He smiled at me again, and stroked my hair. I could hear a chuckle coming from his chest.

"Your welcome. I'm glad I was around to help." He looked at Jacob, then back at me. "I'm Tyler, by the way. But I'll see you both later. You need to get home and get some rest." and with that, he was gone. Jacob carried me home, which wasn't very far away. I could've sworn that it was miles away. But I didn't worry about it. I was just glad I was alive.

We reached the house. He was about to open the door, but I told him not too. I did not need to worry my mother. I told him to use the stairs in the back, leading to my balcony. He opened the door to my room, and layed me down on the bed. He went to the bathroom, and filled the tub with hot water. He was going to undress me, but I shoke him off. I told him I could do it. He sat quietly in my room, while I toke a bath. I dried off, and layed on the bed, under the covers. He gave me a look, and I told him to come lay next to me.

"You could use the sleep too." I told him. He looked at me lazily, and smiled.

"I guess I could take a nap." and with that, he pulled me against him and we both fell asleep in each other's arms. He was so warm, and his soft snores were like a lullabye.

It was afternoon, I guessed, when I woke up. Jacob layed next to me. His face was so peaceful. It amused me to think that I had just gotten here yesterday, and there was already a guy sleeping in the same bed as me. I quietly giggled as I stared at the beautiful being next to me. It amazed me how I could barley know someone, but feel so close to them. He saved me, and that would always bring a sense of trust into our friendship. But, even before I almost drowned, I had felt something special about him. Maybe it was just a false pretense of "love" but it damn felt pretty close. I do love him, I thought. But not in the way most people would think. He may not be a stranger anymore, but I still didn't know him yet.

My heart fluttered as I felt his grip tighten around me. His breath was warm against my neck. I could hear him starting to wake up. I opened my eyes, and stared straight into his.

"Good Morning." he said quietly. He still looked just as peaceful as he did when he was asleep.

"Good afternoon, actually. Did you have a good nights rest?" I asked him, already knowing the answer.

"Never had a better one." he smiled at me. His eyes sparkled at me, hoping to just stay here forever.

"Hm. I hope Sam won't be worrying about you. But surely this isn't the first time you slept over at a strangers house. Mostly a girl stranger's house." I teased. I, too, wanted to stay like this forever. In his arms.

"I doubt it. And, Anna, your not a stranger to me. We have already been through this." he said, gently. I could see that it irritated him when I called us strangers.

"Ok, then. Hungry?" I asked, sitting up.

He pulled me back down. "Not yet." he said. He stroked me hair softy, pulling me into a daze. It was getting uncomfortable to me. Not that I didn't want him to hold me, but we were just friends. I sat up, and before he could resist, I got off the bed.

"Jacob." I said. That was enough to make him realize I was serious. "We just met. We're not even at the friends stage fully yet. And I'm not sure I want to jump into something so fast. Maybe later on, but not now. Lets us be friends first." I told him. I could almost see the sadness in my eyes. I knew my words stung, but I wasn't about to jump into a relationship with someone I barley knew! I didn't feel that way about him.

"Ok, Anna. I understand. But just tell me on thing." he replied, clearly stunned by my last words.

"Ok." I said.

"Do you think that I have a chance? I mean, later on." He asked. I could see his eyes sadden. He was waiting for me to say those few words that could hurt so much.

"Yes, I believe you do. But let us at least see how we are as friends." I managed to say. My voice was shaky. I knew he could hear it.

"Thats all I needed to know." he said. He smiled at me. "Lets eat!" he said, and ran out of my room down the steps. I ran after him, tackling him on the couch.

I went into the kitchen, and made breakfast. We sat down and ate, engaging in a very interesting argument about Romeo and Juliet.
Sign up to rate and review this story