Categories > Original > Romance > Silence

Goodbye

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1203 words

0Unrated
I was awoken by a rapid shaking. My mother, stood over me, glaring. I had fallin to sleep, when she clearly told me to go get ready to meet Sam and Jacob.

"Anna! Wake up! We're going to be late! You can sleep later. Sam has been waiting for this moment for a while. Don't make him regret making plans to meet us. Gosh, child, you really need to think more before doing something." Diana hissed at me fusiously.

"Ok, ok! I'm awake! God, sorry. I was just tired. That drive wears you out." I reminded her. I stumbled out of bed, and got dressed as fast as I could. I was soon staring out the passenger window of my mother's car. We drove down the coastline. I could hear seagulls over the sound of waves crashing into the rocks on the shoreline. We pulled up at Sam's house. I was like ours, but the gardens were replaced by a large metal building, that I was guessing was a workshop. I could see shadows moving in the house. A movement caught my eye. I turned towards the source, seeing who I guessed was Jacob. He was rather tall, as I could tell. Way more taller than me. His eyes were a dark shade of brown, almost black. His hair was shaggy, blowing in the wind. He was almost like a dream, except I was awake. He stared at me, as I stepped out of the car.

"Oh, hello Jacob! How are you today? I can tell that you've been working out." my mother oggled over him. I almost threw up. This was not her child. I was her child. And she didn't oggle over me. Pure jealousy pumped through my veins. Whats so special about him anyways? Hes just another stud guy. He is probably really stuck up and snobby. Or is just a plain ass.

"I'm good, Mrs. Green." he replied, still staring at me. He could see distress on my face, for he clearly looked worried, and even a bit confused.

"Well, thats great!" my mother said in a high pitched, giddy voice. "Oh, how rude of me! Jacob, this is Annastashia. Annastashia, this is Jacob." Jacob walked toward me, relaxing his face as he became over-confident. Who does he think is is? , I thought. I'm not some kind of trophy! My eyes glared at him as he came closer.

"Hi, Annastashia. I'm glad to finally meet you." he said, trying to hide the laughter in his face.

"Hi." I said, as I turned away, and began walking towards the house. I could hear my mother sigh behind me, as she followed me, mubbling under her breath.

Dinner wasn't as bad as what I though it would be. Sam kept the conversation going, and there was never a dull moment. Jacob still glaced at me often, as if trying to make out who I was. After dinner, Jacob disappeared. I excused myself, as went for a walk on the beach. The moon was shining brightly as I made out a potential seat. It was a white tree,bleached by the high tide. I sat down, strecthing my feet. My mind began to replay the past few hours. I had finally made it, and I was deprived off sleep. Then I had to meet the super-cocky Jacob. I had no intention of becomeing friends. It then dawned on my. I wasn't alone. I turned around, looking for the pair of eyes I could feel watching me. I saw no one. I tossed the feeling aside, thinking it was just the dark playing tricks on me. What was wrong with me? I began to wonder. I didn't know him. How did I know if he was super cocky, or an ass? God. I wasn't acting like myself. And not to mention I was acting like a spoiled brat! I was 16. I should a hell began to act like it!

"Hey, Annastashia." I heard. I turned around, seeing Jacob walking towards me. Gosh, right when I was feeling guilty about acting so immaturely! I could see the moon refleting off of his dark eyes. They seemed to sparkle. I hadn't noticed it before.

"Hey." I said, barely loud enough for me to her it.

"Ok. This is bugging me so much! Why do you hate me? Did I do something to offend you? I don't even know you!" He yelled, clearly pissed. I could feel the tears rolling down my checks. I deserved it, I told myself. I heard a sharp movement, and I was soon being lifted up to my feet. His hands were extremly warm against my cold skin. He looked at me, glaring. Then, all of a sudden, his face began to look saddened.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Annastashia, I didn't mean to hurt you. You were just acting like you hated me earlier." he said. He sat next to me, still holding me against his chest. I didn't mind. It was actaully quite relaxing. I could feel his hands drying my tears. I turned towards him.

"I don't hate you. I was just having a bad day. Lack of sleep, in other words. And its all crashing down on me." He gripped me even harder. I thought he was about to give me a massive bear hug that could easily break my rib cage. He put his arms around me, and slightly squeeze me closer of him, as if hugging me. It wasn't long before we were so deep in conversation we didn't even pay attention to the time. I could hear my name being called. I looked towards the house. I could see Diana beside the car. She glanced around, and left.

"Well, what the hell is she doing?" I asked myself angrilly, thinking about how my own mother left me. "Does she think I have my car? Oh, I guess its invisible now! Well, maybe I should just fly...." and that was as far as I could go. Jacob soon had his hand to my mouth, making sure I got the point. He looked at me, his eyes laughing at me.

"Whats so funny?" I asked, clearly annoyed. "Would your dad leave you at some stranger's house?"

"Your temper is whats funny. And you got to remember, I'm not a stranger anymore, Annastashia." he informed me.

"Please, call me Anna. I like it better." He gave me a funny look, releasing his grip on me. I toke advantage of this, and speed of down the beach, laughing. He was stunned for a minute, then began to chase after me. I saw a break in the rocks, and speed up.

"Anna, No!" I heard Jacob yelling. I was soon diving down further in a black, freezing cold pit of water. I could feel my lungs collaspsing. I knew I was going to drown. Well, atleast I'll die happy, I thought to myself. My legs soon became numb, as well as my arms. Something crashed into me, knocking my breath out of my chest. I could feel the water filling down my throat.

Goodbye. I thought, as I felt my body going limp. Darkness engulped me. Forever pulling me down.
Sign up to rate and review this story