Categories > Original > Fantasy > Of Beast and Man

Chapter Six - Lina/Shin

by Kairu-kun 0 reviews

When she moved, the sound of metal rubbing and knocking together echoed around her. It was then she felt the chain attached to her new collar.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1988 words

0Unrated
Chapter Six - Lina/Shin

Shin led Lina away from the cave in the dark. She felt slight nervousness from being in the total darkness. But Shin being with her, she still felt safe. He said no harm would come to her while in his care and she believed him. They headed towards the mountains, nearing the base of the large cliffs. There was a large crevice in the rock face, leading to where Lina did not know but that seemed to be where they were heading. For the girl, the crevice was more than wide enough to walk normally through. Shin had to turn to the side and inch his way down until it widened. "Where are we going?" Lina asked him as they came into a wide open cavern. Multi-colored crystals adorned the walls, ceiling and floor of the room. A short gasp escaped from Lina's lips. "Heh, this isn't it yet" Shin said happily. She looked to him with some disbelief, wondering what else he could show her that would be more interesting than this. He took her hand gingerly into his own and led her along gently. She blushed at the contact but she didn't know why. On they walked through a series of narrow passages, most curving and twisting. She wondered how he knew his way in the darkness of this cave so well. "How much further is it?" Lina asked. She wasn't being impatient, she was just excited. Shin glanced back to her with a soft smile. "Not much further" he answered softly. She nodded in response, not quite trusting her voice anymore. She felt very giddy all of a sudden, her heart beating quickly. She was excited and nervous at once. Shin turned back as he stopped moving. Up ahead a pale light could be seen entering the dark cave. "Ok, close your eyes" he ordered her in a sweet voice. She did so, her hand shaking in his though not from fear but anticipation. He led her slowly by the hand towards the moon-lit area. She could feel when they left the darkness, and her feet crossed something soft, probably grass. "Now...open them" his whisper was surprisingly close to her ear and she nearly fell over when she jumped. She did as she was told, her eyes drifting open. The sight truly took her breath away.

They were still in the cave, she could tell that. The surrounding walls were entirely covered in crystals that gleamed with different colors, casting a rainbow-colored light in all the darkened areas of the room. She looked to her feet and indeed she was standing in grass along with a small grove of moon-flowers. Glancing upward, she noticed a large opening in the ceiling that let in the light from the full moon, causing the beautiful plants to bloom at her feet. "It's...beautiful" she said, her voice barely making a sound. Shin was suddenly by her side, an arm around her waste. His free hand brought the largest flower in the room to her cheek, running the petals lightly across her skin. "Just like you" he said simply. She took the flower from his hands, covering her face with it to hide the blush as well as take in the sweet scent. The flower was large enough to hide her entire face easily. She let her hands fall in front of her, still holding the flower. "Shin, this is just wonderful. I-" she started before her eyes drifted closed for a moment. She shook her head. "Sorry, I felt funny for a moment. Anyway...I...this is the most amazing thing. I know I've known you only a short time..but I think I lo-" she started again before she suddenly felt dizzy. 'Am I blushing too much again? I guess confessing that would make me blush' she thought to herself as she sat down for a moment. Shin moved to her side, but his voice seemed far away as he asked if she was alright. She tried to focus on his face but it was hard. And no matter how much she strained, his exact words were lost on her. Her heart beat quickly as she took deep breaths, but nothing helped as her vision spiraled down a long tunnel. The darkness closed around her. "Shin..I think...I'm going to...pass..out" she said slowly and quietly as her vision blackened and she fell into unconciousness.

Lina's head spun as she came back to conciousness slowly. At first everything was spinning. But slowly she realized everything was so dark, she knew not what everything even was. "Wh-where am I?!" she cried out in the darkness, fear started to take over quickly. Her gentle sobs filled the room. She felt something cold around her neck. Her hands trembled as they slowly rose to feel what it could be. It was metal, and encircled her slender neck completely. When she moved, the sound of metal rubbing and knocking together echoed around her. It was then she felt the chain attached to her new collar. Her eyes welled up with tears and her sobs grew louder as she came to full realization of her captivation. "Shin!? Shin where are you?!" She cried out, wondering where her savior could have gone. She pushed herself to her feet and started walking around. Her arms stretched out in front of her as she tried to feel her way around the room. She came into contact with a cold, smooth wall. She ran her hands along said wall until she reached the corner of another. And again until roughly the center of one wall felt different. It was a door, she could tell, but there was no handle on the inside. Her eyes still leaked tears freely and she sobbed as she tried to discover where she was. "Shin?!" she called out again. Her chain was attached to a panel in the center of the room on the floor she found as she gathered the chain up and followed it. Her crying never slowing, she fell to her knees and crawled to the corner. She curled up in a small ball, the only sounds coming from her chain and her sobs. Suddenly footsteps were heard just outside her prison and fear crept into her heart even more. 'What if they've come to kill me? Or torture me?' she thought as she heard a large bolt being slid back on the outside of the door. Slowly, the heavy wooden thing creaked open and light from a torch poured into the room. Seeing her prison was simply smooth stone walls, floor and ceiling, her eyes fell to the one who entered. Her eyes widened as she jumped up and ran towards the figure. "Shin!"

Her arms embraced the young man tightly. "I knew I didn't have to worry! You didn't take long to find me at all!" she cried out happily. Shin placed the torch from his hand into a holder high on the wall next to him. "I never lost you" he said simply, his voice seeming...different to her. She paused before stepping back. He wore a somewhat odd smile, one she couldn't quite describe. "W-what do you mean?" she asked, her mind running far too quickly. She felt dizzy and sunk to the ground as she reached the wall. His smile widened into a grin, though a frightening one. "Funny thing about moon-flowers. They're beautiful and they lure you in...but their pollen is poisonous. Oh don't worry it can't kill you but it will put you to sleep" he said simply. Her mind flashed back to him giving her the large flower back in the cave. Her eyes widened with horror as she realized the complete truth. "You...lied to me...you tricked me. You're one of them!!" she shouted at him, tears pouring down her face. She felt so alone and decieved. She swore her heart stopped for a moment. One moment she was about to confess her love to a man, the next that same man had captured and imprisoned her. "Yes, I did. And yes I am. You're in one of the prison cells in the city now. And in time, you'll be my slave" he explained in a sinister voice. He moved across the room to her and grabbed her wrist. She sobbed as he yanked her to her feet. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you...if you behave" he grinned mischieviously. "I thought you were different! What about your past!? What would that boy think? Or those villagers?!" she shouted in his face. His smile faded. "Stupid bitch. Those were all lies as well! You're mine now! And you better behave, because if you don't no one here has any problem killing you and many would probably rape you first! You'd best get used to calling me Master!" he said darkly. He forced his lips hard onto hers, holding her off the ground by her wrist. She merely sobbed against him, unable to push him away. He pulled back and let her fall to the ground. "You'll learn soon enough" he said quietly as he ran his finger tips through her hair.

His hand grasped her hair and turned her head forcefully to look him in the eyes. "I can be cruel or kind. It's your choice" he warned her before releasing her hair and walking for the door. He turned to give her one last glance before taking the torch and pulling the door shut behind him, leaving her once again alone in the darkness. Lina's cries came even harder to her now. Her whole body shook as she sobbed. Every now and then she shouted out her fear and pain to the small world that she now belonged to. After a long while, her cries quieted to gentle sobs once more. The small butterfly anthro could hear other cries and yelling and doors slamming. Every sound frightened her, as though each sound was a warning of pain to come. She rose to her feet and walked to the door, finding it had a view slit just a little above eye level for her. She reached a hand up to slide the blocker away. It moved freely and easily, spilling a small amount of light into the room. Fluttering her wings a little to help, she grasped the edge of the 'window' and pulled her dimunitive form to peer through the barred opening. The light from the corridor stung her eyes for a moment. All she could see was a door across from herself and the torch on the wall next to it. She almost let herself back down until a pair of eyes from the door across peered back at her. She stared for a moment lifted herself a bit higher to speak out. "Hello?" she called across. Lowering herself, she watched for a reaction. "You new?" a boyish voice called back to her. Despite him being in the same situation as her, he sounded somewhat casual and laid-back already. "Yes...what about you?" she responded, her voice cracking a little from having been crying. "Nope, been here about...hmm...ahaha I can't even remember anymore" he answered, actually chuckling for a moment. "I'm Lina" she told him, hoping that making a friend in here would help her somehow. A guard suddenly slammed a spearhead against her window, scaring her into falling back onto the ground. "No talking!" the man shouted before moving on. She sighed and sat back against the wall. "Name's Kairu" she heard before another outburst from the guard followed.

To be continued...



[Shin is a bastard, yep yep. Hah, and most of you probably though I'd actually HAVE a nice human main character in this story. Sorry to burst your bubble, but no so far not. Enjoy the next chapter! R/R please!]
Sign up to rate and review this story