Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Wammy House.

Confrontation

by zox-N-xoz 0 reviews

Mercutio confronts Near for the first time... and starts a small conversation with him.

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] [!!] - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 512 words

0Unrated
The day went by as normal. Mercutio decided to hang with Matt during class, and not to mention played it stupid, asking Matt how to do some things that would be hard to anyone else. Mercutio hated playing stupid, but he’d do just about anything to get what he wanted.
He was like a power-slut.
He was walking down the hallway with Matt, when they were passing the common room. Mercutio stopped.
“What’s wrong Mercutio?” Matt asked, nudging him slightly.
Mercutio put a hand on his shoulder.
“Uh… you go meet up with Mello without me…I have something to do.” Mercutio said, staring over at the albino boy in the corner of the room.
Matt looked at Near, and gave a jealous glare to Mercutio. Finally, he left. Mercutio walked over to Near, slowly, so he didn’t startle him. He sat down beside him, like a cat.
“H-hey.” He said quietly.
Near looked up, a surprised look on his face.
“Good afternoon, Mercutio.” Near said, his face going back to its non-emotion stone.
Mercutio twitched a little bit.
“So…what are you up to?” He asked, watching his bony fingers slide the puzzle pieces in place.
Near looked back down at his puzzle.
“I’m just doing my pure color puzzle. Why do you ask?” He said.
-His tone never changes, does it? - Mercutio thought. He felt different about Near all of a sudden… he didn’t want to use him… he felt a little bit too sorry for this poor, helpless, lonely boy.
“N-no reason…I was j-just… curious.” Mercutio replied.
He was getting very nervous. If this boy was just as he was when he was ten, he might figure out what he was up to. He had to manipulate him as quickly as possible… perhaps abort Matt for now. This boy was so…sad…to say the least. He had no friends, and no one ever gave him a chance.
“You’re just like I was…” Mercutio thought out loud.
Near looked up at him, and he was suddenly curious.
“What do you mean by that, Mercutio?” Near asked.
-Ohhhh….didn’t mean to say that aloud… I’ll just have to go with it.-
“When…when I was ten… I was the same as you. I was constantly bullied for being the only age ten in ‘grade’ ten…and all the other times… I was alone.” Mercutio explained.
To his surprise, Near’s blank expression seemed to turn to something that seemed like…depression. He turned back to his puzzle, confirming Mercutio that he had actually found a soft spot.
“You know… you don’t have to be alone.” Mercutio said, standing up.
Near stopped doing his puzzle again, but didn’t look up.
“Hai.” He said, in what seemed like a sigh.
“I’ll always be here for you, buddy.” Mercutio said as he walked away, purposely dropping a piece of paper.
He made it seem like an accident, and Near turned around just as Mercutio walked out of the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story