Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch. 9 Expect Thrills and Possibly Chills

by fobXmcrXpatdX 1 review

Assted Revenge goes on a vacation with a band whom they're very close to.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-08-01 - 1747 words - Complete

0Unrated
“So, Miss, how do you feel about going to your first performance in Assisted Revenge?”
“Oh, shut up!” Britt laughed as she swatted away the hairbrush I was using as a microphone.
We were packing to go to the place where Britt’s first performance with us would be held: Cedar Point. Sandusky, Ohio here we come!
This actually probably means more to me than the others. I was raised in Ohio until my parents died. It’s always a breath of fresh air coming to the place where I lived for the first five years of my life.
“Are you guys done yet?” Brandon asked, coming through our open door. Of course the guys would be done first.
“Almost.” I said.
“Yeah, we just have… 1… 2… 3 more bags left.” Britt joked.
Brandon hit her with a pillow.
“So, any luck with getting someone to meet us up there?” I asked him.
“I called Cobra Starship, but they’re busy. TAI can meet us up there. We would’ve called Panic, but they’re out of the continent. And we just called Pete to see if Fall Out Boy wants to come, but he didn’t answer so we left a message.” Brandon reported.
“Did you guys call MCR?” I asked.
“They’re busy,” Brandon said, “Working on the album still I think.”
I nodded.
“So TAI and possibly FOB?” Britt asked. Her eyes were wide. I giggled. She had only been to a few shows with us when she wasn’t in the band. This was new to her. She really hadn’t hung out with any bands like we had. Though she had hung out with us and Fall Out Boy numerous times.
“Yeah, nervous?” I teased.
“Noooo.” She said.
“You sure?” Brandon asked.
“Yup.” She gulped.
“You’ll be fine.” I said hugging her.
“Wait what are we talking about?” she said confused, “I thought we were talking about TAI and FOB.”
“I know.” I said.
“Okay just making sure.” She said.
Just then we finished packing. Pretty good. We were only spending two days there but it had taken us about 2 hours to pack.
Keith and Shane walked in the room. Keith put his arm around Britt’s waist (Britt and Keith are “discretely” dating).
“So, are you guys done?” Shane asked.
“Yes.” I said with a roll of my eyes, “We are DONE.”
We went downstairs to the game room where we spent the afternoon hanging out playing air hockey, ski ball, darts, and other various games.
We were playing pool when Brandon’s cell phone rang.
Before he could get to it, I reached into his tight pockets, pulled it out, and answered it.
“Hello?” I said with a smug, teasing smile.
“Hey its Pete… Isn’t this Brandon’s phone?” Pete said slightly confused.
“I took the liberty of answering it for him.” I smiled.
“Nicee.” Pete laughed, “So you guys called about us coming to Cedar Point with you guys right?”
“Yep, that’s the plan. TAI said that they’d come, but knowing them, Sisky is going to do something retarded and then they won’t be able to come.” I said, “So can you guys come? Pretty please? It's Britt’s first show!”
“Yeah, we can come,” Pete said, “We wouldn’t miss it. We haven’t been to Cedar Point in a while.”
“YAY!” I yelled, “We’ll see you tomorrow then!”
“Yup!” Pete laughed, “See you then!”
I hung up the phone and slipped it back into Brandon’s pocket. No more than a minute later, the phone rang again. I was too quick for him, again.
“Hello?” I asked, before sticking my tongue out at Brandon.
“Hey… this is Brandon’s phone right?” William Beckett said, just as confused as Pete.
“Yeah, but I answered. What cha gonna do?” I joked.
“I just wanted to tell you guys that we can’t make it to Cedar Point.” He said, “Sisky got another tattoo on his ass and so he can’t sit on any rides.”
“Niceeeeee.” I laughed, “Hope he gets better.”
“Yeah, we do too,” William laughed, “It was a stupid move to get another one. He didn’t remember how painful the other one was.”
“Well, maybe next time he’ll remember.” I said.
“We’re hoping he will.” He said. On the other end I heard Sisky yell, “Holy crap I’ll never be able to fucking sit again!!!”
“Shut up, man, it’s your fault you got the tattoo.” I heard William say to Sisky.
“So what’s the tattoo of?” I asked.
“The words Fast Times At Barrington High.” He sighed.
“Ouch. That’s much bigger than ‘Santi.’” I said.
“Yeah, he was thinking of also getting the word’s ‘Almost There’ too. But I don’t think he will.”
“Yeah, I wouldn’t think so.”
“Yeah… That kid is such a retard.”
“Mhmmm!”
“Anyway, I got to go. I’m missing out on making fun of him.” William laughed.
“Ok talk to you guys later!” I laughed.
“We’ll call you tomorrow so you can rub how awesome Cedar Point was in our faces.”
“’K see ya!”
And we hung up. Once again, I stuck the phone back in Brandon’s pocket.
“Who was that?” Keith asked.
“Mr. William Beckett.” I said as I took my pool stick.
“So… Would you mind telling us why he called?”
“Sisky got another tattoo on his ass and can’t sit down so they can’t come.”
“Niceee. What’s it of this time?”
”Guess.”
”A penis?”
“Only you would get a tattoo of a penis on your ass, Keith.”
“Well what was it of then?”
“The words Fast Times at Barrington High.”
“Ouch.”
“That’s what I said.”
“So it’s just us and Fall Out Boy?”
“Yep.”
And then Brandon and Shane kicked me and Britt’s butts in pool.
---
The next morning we were the most energetic kids on the planet.
We were jumping around and yelling so much that one of the orphanage staff members had to threaten us to keep us at a decent volume. We had forgotten that, since our plane was an early one, no one else was up.
Once we were on the plane, our volume rose again.
This time we got a personal reminder from the captain that it was early and we should shut up.
We got to Sandusky in record time and ran to the gates of Cedar Point. When we got there we saw 3 familiar faces.
“Hey!” We all yelled.
“You guys are all hyped up.” Pete laughed.
“We’re teenagers with screwy hormones. We’ll probably be crying in the next five minutes.”
“True.”
“So, where’s Andy?” I asked looking around.
“He couldn’t come.” Patrick said.
“Damn, that sucks.” Keith said.
“Yeah…” Joe said, “So what ride’s first?”
“Dragster!!” Shane laughed, “I love coasters too much.”
“Which is the Dragster?” Patrick said.
“That one.” I said pointing to the tallest structure in the park, “The one that’s about 400 ft tall and is over in less than half a minute.”
“Oh… um… wow.” He said.
“Oh, you’ll be fine!” Pete laughed, “Let’s gooo!”
We ran over to the line where we went into pairs. Keith wasn’t thrilled when he was the one who would be riding alone.
“What?!” He cried, “What about Britt?”
“I’m riding with Alicia.”
“Brandon??”
“I’m riding with Pete.”
“Shane?”
“Patrick.”
“You guys stink.”
“Yup.”
After a wait that seemed forever, we were next for the Top Thrill Dragsterrrr.
“Hey don’t worry, it’s only 420 feet at 120 miles per hour!” Pete teased from the front seat with Brandon.
“Ugh.” I heard someone groan.
“Oh geezus, I can’t believe I’m riding this thing!” Britt said next to me.
“Believe it!! Cause here…we… GOOOO!” I said as we were launched.
It was hard to believe it was only like half a minute.
“WHAT A RUSH!!!” Britt yelled once we got off. That definitely got our adrenaline pumping.
We went from coaster to coaster, eventually hitting everything. Whenever it was a smaller coaster, they would stick Pete and me together because with our energy we could get the whole coaster car into it. Like on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride (dubbed by us as the smallest coaster EVER), we got the whole car screaming, laughing, and yelling so much that they let us on again.
Millennium Force, Mantis, Raptor (my fave), Magnum, Wicked Twister, Gemini, Mean Streak (they forced me on this against my will. Ughhh rickety coasters), Corkscrew, and of course, last but not least, the Maverick.
“Muwahahhaa, a 95 degree angle at 60 mph.” I taunted as we ran to the line.
“Ugh.” Patrick said, “I’ve been on almost every coaster in the park. That’s never happened.”
“Except at Disney,” Joe said, “There aren’t many coasters there though.”
“True.”
When we got the sun was setting.
“We have to be at the platform for the performance in a half hour, guys.” I called over my shoulder in the front car with Brandon.
And then…
“WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Amazing.
Simply amazing.
Our adrenaline was at an all time high.
We ran to the platform in record time. No one’s breathing was off and no one was in a sweat.
“We’re here!!” Keith called to the sound people.
We hung out in the back for about 10 minutes until it was time to go on. Patrick and Joe gave Britt a little advice, and it dawned on me.
Britt’s first show.
Of course I had been thinking about it. But the events of the day caused the thought’s effects to dull in my mind. Before we went on the stage, I gave her a big hug, which turned into a big group hug.
So it begins.
“Tonight, expect Thrills and possibly chills.” I stage whispered into the mic.
We started with Just Listen, which I wrote right after Britt joined the band.
Flawless performance. Nothing was wrong. Our best show yet.
“Alright!” I cried out after we got off stage, “That was sweet!!”
“The best part is,” Brandon said with a little kiss on my forehead, “We still have tomorrow!”
I love performing, Cedar Point, and most of all… my friends. Put these together and it’s a perfect day. Imagining tomorrow being as perfect as today… well… I expect thrills and possibly chills.
Sign up to rate and review this story