Categories > Original > Fantasy > Silence

Dreams.

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Anna discovers a secret. What will happen to her when she is discovered, knowing it?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-08-01 - 1748 words

0Unrated
I was in my car, crying in the back seat. School had just gotten out, and everyone was already gone. I glanced at the window, and saw a spider trying to find a way in, probably trying to hide from the rain. I put my head down again, for only a moment, before I looked back up. Instead of a spider, Lucian stood at my window. I yelled at him, and turned away.

The dream faded away, and another toke its place. I was with Jacob, and he was telling me about the local myths.

"Well, have you ever heard of shapeshifters?" he asked me.
"No, not really."
"Well, its a local belief that there are some here called shapeshifters. These are not your normal, fairytel ones though. These are humans that can take shape in someone else's body, or an animals. Its hard to believe, even for me. They say they can turn into any living thing, except plants. Some may turn into spiders, or some may turn into dogs. It matters mainly on what they disire to be."
"Well, that changes things..." I mumbled. Jacob looked at me, and chuckled softly.
"Don't worry, Anna. I'm sure they're not gonna sneak into your room and watch you." he informed me.



My mind instantly shifted back the the picture of the spider on my window. I almost passed out when I realized why the spider had disappeared so fast. I ran it though my mind, over and over, till I was positivly sure I was right. I sat up in bed, and almost screamed.

Lucian was there when the spider disappeared. The spider was trying to get into the car. He opened the door, without it being locked. It dawned on me. The spider was Lucian.


I was headed to first period early with the intentions on changes seats with some love-struck girl that would enjoy to sit next to her master. Again, the image of them all bowing at his feet made me laugh. I was almost there, when someone ran from behind me to catch up.

"Well, isn't it Anna." A familiar voice said. A shiver ran up my body, but not because of the cold.

"Hi." I said. I started to step up the pace, hoping to lose him. But his strides were longer, so he could catch up easily.

"Whats the matter?" Lucian asked, hoping to read my mind like a newspaper. But I was certain that he wouldn't be able to.

"Oh, nothing. I have to go. Have a good day." I said, running.

But it didn't go as planned. He just followed me, running too. He caught up with me, and grabed my hands and pulled me back to him. His eyes were dark, and his breath was icy on my skin. He looked at me, confused.

"Have a nice day? Why are you avoiding me, Anna?" he asked. I could feel his gaze, and I didn't exactly want to meet it. I tried to get away, but he just held me tighter.

"I'm not. I just need to get to class." I said, trying to sound convincing.
"Anna, class doesn't start for another thirty minutes." He said, shaking his head. He looked at me, and suddenly I looked back. His expression went from confused, to horror. "You know, don't you?" he wispered. I knew what he was talking about.

"Know what?" I asked, trying to seem suprised.

"Don't....tell me the truth!" he hissed at me.

"Ah....Yes, Lucian. I know." I said, in defeat.

He just stood there for a while, looking stunned. He did not let me go still. I could see his eyes getting darker. Dangerously darker. He looked up, trying to decide what to do with me. I knew his secret, and I deserved to pay for it. He lifted his hand, as if about to strike me. But it just hung in the air, like stone.

He sighed. "Well, you won't be going to class early today." He informed me.

"Why? I haven't said anything, to anyone! If you kill me, they'll find out!" I hissed at him. I was scared. But not because of what he was. But because of what he might do, now that I knew. I wiggled out of his reach, and ran for my car. No one was outside, so no one had to see me, running away from him. I almost got there, when he suddenly grabed me, and placed me over his shoulder.

"You make this so difficult, Anna." he said, as he walked off towards the woods, with me on his shoulders, awaiting death.




I couldn't see where we were going. I could hear water running, as if a river was nearby. He stopped in a clearing, and placed me on the ground. He paced back and forth, not knowing what to do, or say. He glanced at me, and his face became horrified.

"Your scared of me, arn't you?" he asked.

I hesitated. I didn't quite know what I was feeling.

"I'm not scared of you. Just of what you are going to do to me." I gasped. I couldn't breath. I felt trapped.

He looked amazed. He smiled at me. "Your not scared of me?" he asked.

"No, I'm not scared of you." I added. "What are we going to do, Lucian?"

He looked at me. I almost thought he was going to skip around and scream for joy. He laughed, and smiled at me with his eyes.

"We're not going to do anything. But you realize that now that you know, you'll have to be on guard. My family has to know." He said.

"Ok. Fine. As long as they don't kill me, either." I teased.

"Oh, I wouldn't let them do that." Lucian said. He looked at me, wild eyed. I almost was frightened now. Surely he didn't change his mind, I thought. But before another thought could come to mind, he was holding me at his chest. I looked up at him, and saw how unbelievably close he was to my face. In an instant, his cold, smooth lips were on mine. For a second, everything was perfect. His hand curved around my elbow, moving slowly down my arm, across my ribs and over my waist, tracing along my hip and down my leg, around my knee. He paused there, his hand curling aound my calf. He pulled my leg up suddenly, hitching it around his hip.

I stopped breathing. His lips moved in the hollow at the base of my throat. I could feel my heart beating out of control. Suddenly, both my legs were hitched around his hip, and his lips found mine again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding on. He removed his lips off of mine, to let me breath. I gasped for air, removing myself from his side.

We both stood there, catching our breath. The intensity hung low, and I couldn't help but giggle. He looked at me, his wild eyes now soft, and smiled.

"Well, that changes things." I managed to say, breathlessly. Lucian chuckled, and kissed me ever so lightly on the lips.

"It changes many things, Anna. I can feel better knowing you don't hate me anymore." he said, teasing the roots of my hair with his fingers.

The afternoon flew by. We sat by the water's edge, and talked. He held me close, not wanting to let go. I never wanted him to, either. It was getting dark, and I had to return home to Diana, before she sent a search party out for me. Or even worse, Jacob. I shrugged it off, and stood up to lead the way back to the school parking lot. But before I even got on my feet, Lucian had me craddled in his arms.

"Did your friend tell you about our gifts?" he asked.

"Um, what gifts?"

"Well, some of us have special powers, as they say. My family has them too. Sarah can hear your thoughts, Davina can see your future, James can control your feelings, Damien can heal, and I am, like superman. I can do a little of everything." He laughed. "We all are very fast, and our movements perfect." he winked at me.

All of the sudden, I could feel wind blowing through my hair. He was running, and yet his breathing was regular. His heartbeat was steady, and he was humming the same song he sung the first night he carried me home, that put me to sleep. We reach my car, and he placed me gently in the passenger's seat.

"Why do you get to drive?" I asked. "Its my car."

"Because I beat you to it." He said.

We were soon at my house, and I could tell that Diana was still up.

"I'll see you upstairs." Lucian said, and disappeared before I could object. I walked up to the front door, and toke a breath. I opened the doorway, and saw diana waiting for me.

"Where on earth have you been?" she asked angrily. She had curlers in her hair, and she was wearing her pink, fluffy bath robe. Her face was painted green, by her skin conditioner. I could smell the shampoo in her newly washed hair.

"I went to explore the town. Is that a crime?"

"It is when you don't come home to tell me first!" Diana yelled. She did not like it when I smarted off to her.

"Sorry, for making you anxious. Now, can I please go upstairs. I'm very tired, and I have to do homework. Goodnight, mom." And before she could object, I ran upstairs, and locked my door. Lucian stood at the opposite wall, admiring my room.

"You know, I never really noticed all the colors in here. Its actually quite pleseant." he infered, glancing at me, and back to my room.

"Thanks. I have a special power too. Its called artistic ability. Maybe you should get one." I said, sitting on my bed. "I am so tired."

Lucian picked me up, and tucked me in. He turned off my lights, and closed the balcony doors.

"Arn't you going to leave?" I asked him, clearly confused.

"Do you want me to leave?" This was an unfair question. he knew the answer.

"No." I wispered.

"Then no, I am not leaving. Goodnight Anna." He said.

And soon my eyes slide shut, from the soft humming of the beautiful lullabye.
Sign up to rate and review this story