Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

I Believe In Us

by Moonshyne 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-08-02 - Updated: 2008-08-02 - 1660 words - Complete

0Unrated
After leaving Bob started walking he just wanted away from it all, away from Mark, away from Madison and away from the whole situation. He was going to get on a plane and leave town, go to Syracuse and meet up with the guys. One problem, when they got back to the house he took out his wallet and sidekick and placed them on the kitchen counter. ‘How long ago was that?’ he wondered. He knew exactly where that afternoon was headed they were going to spend the day in bed making love, talking and just being happy they were alone and together.

Bob found a park bench and sat there letting his mind wander what could be happening at the house. He could imagine Mark kissing her, making love to her and doing all the things that they should be doing.
He thought, ‘Wasn’t it just two nights ago she swore that she wasn’t going anywhere and wasn’t it two nights ago she swore that I was never going to lose her. Why do I feel like I just have?’ He knew he had to go back at least to get his things, but he decided to wait a while he didn’t want to walk into what could be happening.

After walking what seemed to be forever Bob realized that Madison lived out in the middle of nowhere. He decided to turn around and face whatever was going on. It was the only way to get out of there.

Bob finally made it back with the help of a man that was jogging in the condo complex. They all knew Madison’s house because of the reporters that had been swarming around previously. He got to the house and noticed Mark’s car was gone. He rang the doorbell and there was no answer. To him it was bittersweet news. He was upset that she left with him but it was good because he could get his stuff without her or them around.

He walked into the kitchen but the wallet was gone. “Fuck.” He said to himself. He wandered off to the bedroom and there she was. She laid there in the fetal position with just her robe on and holding on to something while she slept. If he didn’t know any better he would have thought she was crying. He went into the bathroom to gather the stuff he put there and noticed she had left the shower on. He reached in and turned it off. He went to the vanity to get his things and he noticed three empty pill bottles. Bob’s heart raced as he realized what had happened. He was frantic because he couldn’t remember if he saw her breathing. He ran to where she was, “Madison, wake up baby.”

Madison didn’t stir, she was still breathing but more slower than she normally did.

This time Bob pulled her up by the wrists as she dropped what she was holding. He started shaking her, “Maddie please wake up baby. I love you and don’t want to lose you.”

She just drooped onto his shoulder. He laid her back down ran in the bathroom and emptied her toothbrush holder put some ice cold water in it and ran back to her.

“I’m sorry baby,” he said as he threw it into her face.

Madison woke up with a start.

“Why did you do that?” she yelled.

“You tried to kill yourself.”

Madison looked bewildered, “You know about that?” Her heart went faint only three people knew that secret so how did he find out.

“Well you left three empty bottles on the bathroom counter and the shower running.”

Madison gave a sigh of relief. Her secret was safe.

“You thought I was trying to kill myself?”

“Yeah, I don’t know what I would do if I lost you that way. I can deal with losing you to Mark, but not death.”

“Why do you always think you’re losing me to Mark? I’m in love with you not him. How am I going to make you understand? I’m not going anywhere unless you ask me to. Are you asking me to?”

“Do you love Mark?”

Madison looked down, “Yes. But not the same way I love you. I’m not in love with him. We’ve been through a lot together. That’s why I forgave him for what he did.”

“WHAT??” Bob screamed.

“Bob you don’t understand?” she said through tears.

“Make me understand.”

“I never wanted you to know this about me.”

“Tell me or I swear I’ll walk out this door and you’ll never see me again.”

“If it wasn’t for Mark I wouldn’t be standing here talking to you.”

“You tried to kill yourself before?”

“I was having a hard time dealing with the rape, I wasn’t eating or going to classes, my father just about disowned me, but I lost it when I received a dozen long stem roses from Brad the night after he won the election. The card read, ‘Thanks for all your help I had a great time. Let’s do it all again real soon.’ I was terrified and I knew I couldn’t live through that again. So I got all the pills I could find in the house went into the bathroom and took them. I then took a shower that’s the last thing I remember until I woke in my bed with Mark by my side holding my hand and a doctor examining me. I was out for two days and he sat there with me the whole time. He nursed me back to health and got me to start eating again. He saved my existence.”

“Fancy way of saying he saved your life.”

“No, he made me want to keep existing in this world, you made me want to live in it. So you saved my life.”

“How?”

“Those three pill bottles lined up in there are anti-depressants. I took them until the second week of the tour. By then I knew I my life was never going to be the same. And it never was. I love you with all my heart Bob Bryar. Those bottles are empty because I dumped the pills, even as you walked out of my life this afternoon. I knew I could live without them and thank you for that.”

“Then if you didn’t take them why couldn’t I wake you up?”

“I have a severe case of anemia and sometimes like when my period is coming I get exhausted, I must have fell a sleep and was dead to the world. I’m sorry I scared you.”

“Where’s my things?”

She pointer to his bag in on the bureau. Bob looked in there and he found all his clothes washed and neatly folded with his wallet, all his toiletries save for one. “Where’s my toothbrush?”

“In the bathroom?”

“Why didn’t you pack that?”

“Because then you’d really be gone.”

Bob grabbed his bag and took it in the bathroom, he came out a few minutes later.

“I think I understand now how you feel about Mark,” said Bob.

She looked up at him, “Do you?”

“Yeah. Though I’m not happy about it he’s an important part of your life that I’m just going to have to live with. I’m not going to apologize for punching him he deserved that. But I promise I’ll try to be more civil to him.”

“Thank you,” she leaned in and kissed him.

I noticed I was missing some clothes from my bag, where are those?”

“In my bureau. I knew you would be back.”

“Yeah I left my wallet here.”

“No that’s not it. I knew you would be back because I believe in us, I just wish you would.”

“I think I finally do.”

“So where did we leave off before we were so rudely interrupted,” smiled Madison.

“I think we were going to take a shower,” smiled Bob. “I was thinking maybe to show my civility I’ll hook him up with my ex. Help him get rid of his frustrations.”

“I don’t think Mark would know what to do with her,” laughed Madison.


“I’m on my way to Chicago now, get your pregnant ass over to my place in two hours so we can iron out the details of your surprise for Bryar. I managed to break them up and now he’s all yours,” said Mark’s voice on the other line.

“I’ll be there”, said Ali.

James turned to her rubbing her belly. “I felt him kick, he isn’t even born yet and I love him so much.”

“Me too, I can’t wait to see him. I’m going to miss him so much when you and Bob are together.”

“I promise you’ll see him everyday, besides it won’t be for long Mark said. He’s broken them up so soon he’ll marry Madison, get the money give us our cut and we’ll be gone forever.”

“Since we will owe our new lifestyle to my cousin, let’s name our son after him. To Bobby.”

“Ali smiled, to Bobby. I love you Jim.”

“How do I really know that?”

“Because you have nothing to offer me and I’m still here.”

“Let’s rock our baby to sleep,” smiled Jim.


The next morning Bob and Madison were packing all there stuff up for their flight to Syracuse. After the shower they spent the rest of the day in bed, except to get dinner. Bob was getting his toiletries from the bathroom and noticed his toothbrush in the holder. He smiled when he said to himself, “Fuck it I’ll get one in Syracuse.”
Sign up to rate and review this story