Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Bruises and Websites

by neve 5 reviews

Jill returns to the office following the Reading Festival to a barmy sub-editor, a sleeping Justin, an eccentric Ruth and a dose of confession.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero - Published: 2008-08-03 - Updated: 2008-08-03 - 1923 words - Complete

5Original
Chapter Nine: Bruises and Websites

Jill checked her face in the mirror on the side of the elevator, "Damn it," she whispered to herself as she noticed the bruising on her forehead shining through the cover she had spent a good time applying that very morning. She had loved her time at Reading despite the bruises and she had somehow managed to get Justin to his flat by a fairly reasonable time on the Monday morning. She smiled recalling how he hadn't even noticed the cut on her head due to being totally inebriated. Oh how he would suffer today. Now it was back to the office, the train journey had been interesting with the looks she had been receiving from other commuters. The elevator chimed as it reached it's required floor and the doors opened as Jill peered across the office. She so wanted to just turn round and go all the way back down again, the thought of spending the whole day staring at a computer and well anything but not being in her own bed wrapped up warm made her want to give up.

"Jill." Her eyes closed as she walked back towards the location of that voice.

"Boss." She replied acknowledging him as she walked into Neil's room.

"Good job on the My Chemical Romance piece." He said before he finally looked at her, "Jesus Christ Jill, what happened to you on another thought do I really want to know?"

Jill winced, "Let's just say it was all in aid of the magazine."

"Nothing like a bit of commitment to the job." Neil chirped back and Jill sarcastically smiled at him.

"Now I need you to look over the bits I circled as it needs a couple of tweaks and if you could pop down to design and make sure you're happy with the layout it's all good to go."

"Layout, you mean I get to have an input with the pictures and things." Jill replied slightly taken aback.

"Yes yes, keep your pants on," Neil stated, "You did a really good job Jill and I'm impressed by what you've put together. You know the chief will want more personal stuff in there but I'm not budging."

"What about Katie, did she read it after all her name will be on it too?" Jill asked barely containing the contempt in her voice.

"Ahem, lets just say Katie was reassigned and this will be your story and your story alone." Neil replied with the slightest hint of a smile on his lips.

"Thanks boss, "Jill replied unable to contain the big chesire cat smile on her face, "I'll get to work finishing it off."

"Oh and Jill," Neil asked as he watched her escape out the door.

"Yes,"

"Can you organise an e-mail copy of the mag to be sent to their manager once it's all been signed off, what's his name?" Neil asked as he searched through the papers on his desk.

"Brian Schechter" Jill responded.

"Yes, seems they can't wait for the paper copy to be shipped over," Neil sighed, "I don't know as if I don't have enough shit to deal with but never look a gift horse in the mouth."

"Sure." Jill replied practically skipping for joy as she picked the e-mail address off his desk.

"And Jill?"
"Yes." Jill responded pulling herself once again back into his office.

"I need you to give Ruth a quick update of the My Chem appearance at Reading for the website, it needs to be done first thing so we can get more details up." Neil asked his attention once again back to his computer screen.

"Sure." Jill replied.

Jill made her way to her desk and noticed Justin was sitting at his desk.

"Hey Jus," Jill said but then paused as he didn't respond to her, "Jus?"

Jill slowly moved in front of him, he had his sunglasses on and his fingers were poised over his keyboard but yet there was no movement, "I don't believe it." Jill whispered as she slowly reached over and gently removed his glasses to reveal Justin was dozing.

"Justin," she said moving her hand across his shoulder as he slightly moaned before his head nodded down. "Justin," she said again as she shook him slightly.

"What? Mum? Where?" he babbled as his eyes shot open and his head rolled back.

"Jus, relax it's just me."

Justin looked up at her, "God Jill, I almost ended myself."

"Just be thankful it was just me and not Neil." Jill laughed as she sat at her desk and switched her computer on.

"Ohhh look at that bruise, I see you got a token from Reading." Justin said taking in her appearance for the first time.

"I know, i tried to cover it but it never worked." Jill said pulling her hair over her eye to hide the bruise, "I have to catch up with Ruth but do you want me to get some coffee?"

Justin smiled as he held up his bin and Jill noted the two venti sized starbucks empty containers, "I'm caffeinated to the hilt but there's no effect so another one won't hurt."

"Okay but no more falling asleep." Jill laughed again as she left to track down Ruth.

The offices were buzzing as the publication date approached and Jill loved it. The pressure could be intense but everyone was on high. Jill looked through the door of Ruth's office as she tried to search for her friend. She smiled as she watched Ruth wave frantically at her to come in as she spoke to someone on the phone. Jill opened the door and walked over to Ruth's desk to watch as Ruth gawped and pointed to her face. Jill rolled her eyes and indicated it was nothing. Ruth eventually finished her phonecall.

"Don't start on me, I've had enough of people pointing at my face." Jill said before Ruth could even say anything.

"Take it you had a good time at Reading then?" Ruth replied.

"It was brilliant, "Jill answered, "How was Leeds?"

"I got soaked but had a great time." Ruth said, "Now I need you to tell me a bit more about the My Chem bottling."

"What you got so far?" Jill asked as she moved her chair around beside Ruth.

Ruth clicked on the website and let Jill read it, "Jeff gave me some pictures and someone's posted video clips on YouTube."

Ruth clicked on the YouTube website and Jill grimmaced as she watched the playback.

"I didn't think it was that bad but when I watched it I couldn't believe the amount of stuff being thrown." Ruth said.

"I was at the front with Jeff and believe me it was a constant baracade and some did hit the band, Gerard got a sore one." Jill replied.

"Was he alright?" Ruth asked.

"Off the record?" Jill replied hesitant to give too much away.

"Of course, what do you take me for?" Ruth assured her as she clicked back on the magazine website.

"He'd previously injured himself on a video they have done for the new album and he's supposed to be on crutches, someone managed to hit him right on his sore leg and it was giving him quite a bit of pain afterwards."

Ruth looked at her friend, "Afterwards? you mean you met up with them afterwards?"

Jill hesitated for a moment, "Not intentially, I had to go to the first aid station after I got hit and they came backstage to make sure their fans were okay."

"I am so jealous, Frank Iero is so hot." Ruth said laughing, I nearly missed their set at Leeds when I had to get a blog on the net I was mad as hell."

"Frank is such a nice guy, he speaks away to people he has never met before like their old friends, he's brilliant with the fans."

"And hot." Ruth added smirking.

"You're nuts." Jill replied laughing as she watched Ruth open the webpage.

Jill checked over the details and added a few bits to the news item.

"That's great Jill, thank you." Ruth said as they concluded the piece and posted the updated version, "Wait I need to add your name."

"Don't bother, I just added a wee bit, you wrote it." Jill said as she stopped Ruth from deleting again.

"You sure?" Ruth asked.

"Totally, I need to go Justin was dying for a coffee." Jill reassured Ruth, "he still has a hangover from hell.

"You tell him to move his ass because he's supposed to have given me his blog of the festival." Ruth said, "Tell him I'll be up there to give him a kicking if I don't have it in the next hour.

"Ohhhh fiesty, I better get him a strong coffee then," Jill replied, "You know I keep saying this but you two would be great together."

"Jill," Ruth said in a tone that illustrated her disgust, "That will never happen we would kill each other."

Jill laughed as she put the chair back in it's rightful place, "Just you wait and see, it's fate I tell you."

"Get out of here." Ruth snapped throwing a biscuit at Jill.

"I'm hitting a sore spot I see, something to hide I think." Jill teased.

"One more word and I swear I'll post something about you and your adoration for a certain drummer." Ruth replied smirking.

Jill froze and the smile quickly disappeared from her voice as she glanced nervously around the room. Ruth watched as Jill quickly approached her desk, the sheer look of almost terror on Jill's face proved to Ruth that she had hit jackpot.

"Shut up, don't shout stuff like that." Jill whispered furiously.

"I was teasing you unless..," Ruth started.

"Look, there is nothing going on but you know how people around here like to take the piss and I swear it's not true." Jill said trying to put the matter to rest.

"Jill, I'm sorry but you do like him don't you?" Ruth asked.

Jill sighed and she looked directly at Ruth, "Okay okay I do like him but come on he's a famous rockstar and well I'm nothing. I will probably never see him again anyway so I will admire him from afar, a bit like you and Mr Iero."

"Your secret is safe with me I promise," Ruth replied giving Jill a hug, "I'm sorry for teasing you.

"Me too." Jill responded.

"Want to go for something to eat after work." Ruth asked.

"I'll be on the floor by then as I'm exhausted."

"Stay over at mine tonight and I'll cook us something." Ruth suggested.

"What about Jus?"

"Jill," Ruth whined," I suppose you could bring the scruffy bearded weirdo but he is most definitely not staying overnight."

Jill laughed, "Oh so perfect for each other," she whispered.

"I'm going to physically throw you out of here." Ruth joked as she watched her friend start to run to the door.






Hope you like the new chapter, please if you have a moment rate/review because it means so much. I think I'm experiencing a bit of writers block because I know where I want to go but when I come to write it's like pulling out teeth so I apologise again for taking so long to update. To those that have so kindly reviewed - you're my inspiration and I love you guys :) Let me know if you have any ideas for the story too.
Sign up to rate and review this story