Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Coffee, photograph’s and one huge big shock.

by neve 4 reviews

Hope you like the new update :) Jill finally finishes her articles, a big shock makes her confront how she really feels.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-07 - Updated: 2008-08-07 - 2640 words - Complete

2Original
Chapter Ten: Coffee, photograph's and one huge big shock.


"One strong doze of caffeine for the old git in the corner." Jill said as she gently placed the mug in front of him.

"Hey, less of the old I'm still a teenager in my head." Justin replied looking up from his screen, "Cheers for the poison."

"So, you got all your stuff done?" Jill asked as she sat down at her own desk.

"Yep and all signed off so basically I'm pretending to work whilst surfing the net." Justin replied smirking.

Jill nodded her head,"mmm."

Justin gently turned round to face her with the mug of coffeee in his hand, "What's the mmm all about?"

"Ruth's on the warpath for you," Jill said trying to keep the grin off her face, "in fact I think she said if you don't submit your blog to her within the next hour she was going to give you a good kicking."

Justin smirked then sighed, "I swear she's a dragon in disguise."

"You love her really." Jill replied waiting to see if he would bite.

"Eh?" Justin replied taking a sip of his coffee and scratching his head.

Jill just thought about a monkey when she looked at him, Ruth was right he was unshaven, scruffy but yet so damn cute. "Ruth's invited us over to her place for something to eat tonight and believe me you could do with eating some good food after all the shit you've eaten over the weekend."

"Yes Mum," Justin replied, "I suppose I better get that damn blog done before she appears."

"Hurrah my article is all signed off, "Jill said reading the e-mail from Neil, "Well I'm off to layout to see Sam so I'll see you later." Jill said.

"Take care honey," Justin called out teasing Jill.

"See you soon lover." Jill retorted noticing Kate giving her the evil eye as she stepped out of the office. Jill could have swore she heard Justin hum the wicked witch song from the Wizard of Oz. Jill quickly descended the stairs towards the design office.

"Hey Sam, Neil told me to come down and check out the layout," Jill said unable to contain the excitement as she saw her article pinned to the wall alongside the other pages of the magazine.

"Have you made your additions?" Sam asked.

"Yep, all done and Neil's checked them over."

Jill watched as Sam moved over to her computer and checked her e-mails, "Here it is, I'll just get that added and printed off." Sam said tapping her foot impatiently as she waited for the printer to deliver. "Right here's what we have so far. I've put together some idea's for the layout, nothing in the print has changed."

Jill looked over the article and she couldn't help grinning, this was her first main article with only her name on it and she could see it all laid out on front of her just waiting to be put in the magazine.

"Earth to Jill?" Sam said rather impatiently.

"Oh sorry Sam."

"First article?" Sam asked.

"Yep, "Jill replied, "It looks really good the way you've done it and I love the photo's."

"There's plenty of them too if you want to check them out," Sam said pulling over the negatives. There's some taken from the formal shoot at the studio plus some from the Hammersmith gig."

Jill held the negatives up to the light.

"Look at them on the table over there it's easier," Sam said pointing over at the specially light table, "Hey you'll need this, " she said throwing a small magnifier over to Jill, "let me know if you want to change anything or if you want me to mail some pictures to you."

"Thanks Sam," Jill replied as she worked away through the negatives.

"Oh wait, I have some more from Leeds and Reading, Dave's putting that together but I think you're in some of them."

Jill looked up at Sam slightly taken aback, "I'm in them?"

"Yep, you know what the photographers are like just happy snapping all the time." Sam said as she put the fresh negatives on the table in front of Jill.

Jill immediately started looking through them panicking that she would look horrendous or sleeping on the job as she recounted her and Justin snoozing on the grass after a long lunch instead of watching the stages. As she skimmed through them she caught one of her and Gerard taken from a distance as they chatted on the bench outside the first aid tent. Another one when Frank had joined them and she loved it despite it being taken without anyone's permission. They were all laughing and she was definitely going to get a copy to show Ruth. As she moved up the page she realised she and Justin were safe until she spotted the one that made her heart leap up in her chest. "How in the hell?" she whispered to herself as she looked at the picture again of her standing with Bob taken when he had knocked her over. She hadn't noticed anyone taking photo's and she was certain he hadn't either. She could feel herself starting to panic, what if they used it? What would he think of her? Bob would no doubt think she was some damn celebrity hooker. Jill glanced at the photo again, Bob was standing with his hands in his back pockets and his head was slightly bowed. She noticed she was practically replicating what he was doing. Jill blushed as she remembered how she had sworn at him and now wished she could take it all back. Now there was photographic evidence and he looked good, despite the weather, the madness of the situation and the crazy woman in front of him. Despite herself she wanted a copy, she would probably never ever meet him and nobody would know except Sam that she had it. Jill finally looked over the photo's and only asked for one to be changed. She hesitantly gave Sam the numbers of the photo's she wanted a copy of and Sam was happy to oblige.

----- Later that afternoon ------

Jill sat at her desk finally getting around to answering the e-mails that had sat for over a week. Kate had sent the expected e-mail gloating about her trip to California to meet up with Green Day and Jill replied in the only way she could by clicking quickly on the delete button.

"Right everyone." Neil announced as he opened their office door, "That's the magazine all signed off and at the printers. If you've noticed errors do us all a favour and say absolutely nothing."

The usual obligatory round of applause went round the office as everyone's computers started to ping as the issue was e-mailed to them all. Jill clicked on the link as she noticed Justin skip round her desk to see it. Jill quickly clicked on her article, "Sam's done a brilliant job with the layout."

"It looks really good, well done." Justin said giving her a hug.

"Cheers Jus, now I have to e-mail it to Brian Schechter and just hope they all feel the same," Jill informed him, "You don't think I said too much about Mikey, do you?"

"Not at all Jill, you only said what he told you and you know you held back on that front." Justin said trying to comfort her.

"Oh well I suppose I'll find out soon." Jill replied.

Jill quickly composed an e-mail using the address Neil had given her earlier. Jill asked Brian to pass on her thanks to the guys for being great at the interview and for inviting her to the Hammersmith show. She also sent her best wishes to them and hoped Gerard and Bob were feeling a bit better. Jill attached the copy of the magazine and signed off by adding that she hoped they liked the article.

"Jus, please check this e-mail for me and make sure it's okay." Jill asked.

"For goodness sake Jill, you're not writing to the Queen or the Pope." Justin responded as he walked over to look at it for her.

"Perfect," Justin said as he looked at the screen.

"I'm sending it now, right that's it gone." Jill said finally breathing out.

"At last." Justin responded.

Jill looked up as she noticed Ruth coming over to them, "Hey you both ready to go?"

"I'm all done," Jill replied switiching off her machine and pulling her jacket on. "Jus?"

"I suppose I'm ready." Justin replied as Ruth rolled her eyes.

"Get a move on." Ruth said to him.

"Yes Ma-am." Justin retorted as he stood up and gave a mock salute.


-----Later that evening-----

Jill glanced at the clock, it was 3.15am and she had still not fallen asleep. Maybe it was being in a strange bed or more likely the thousands of things running amuck in her head. The last month had been a whirlwind and it was almost like her life had changed dramatically but yet as she lay in the bed she realised nothing had really changed. Her job was going well and she had met a lot of new people but she still had that weird horrible feeling of being alone. Jill's thoughts turned to what her Mum would be saying to her right now and her heart broke as she thought of her. The one person that could make anything feel better again and she was no longer there to comfort her.

Jill was startled from her sombre thoughts as she heard the floor creak outside her door. Never on to be known for her bravery she quickly pulled the covers over her, her heart was racing and her eyes darted back and forth as she swore she could see shadows under the door. She quickly chastised herself as she gently pushed herself from her bed. Jill grabbed the first thing that came to hand.

"God damn it," she whispered as she noticed the plastic lightsaber in her hand and she started to question why Ruth would have one. She froze again as she heard a male voice, "Justin left, be brave," Jill thought about phoning Ruth's mobile but she had left her mobile in the other room. She then started to panic encase her friend was already dead. Jill literally jumped away from the door as she felt someone bang on the wall. "I'm going to die." She said almost hyperventalating. Slowly Jill opened the door, lightsaber in hand and a heart she swore that would give her away as it was beating so hard. She was stuck for a moment as she pondered whether to go any further out. In horror movies they always go out, despite knowing the fundamental rule that noise equals death. "Get a backbone you pathetic specimen,"

Jill slowly eased herself out and glanced up the hallway, "Holy fuck." Jill shouted at the sight before her. She glanced again unable to trust her eyes at first.

"Jill, wait."

Jill didn't want to wait, she wanted to lock the door and not face that again. She thought Justin had left but he hadn't and now she would have the image burnt onto her retina of him holding Ruth up against the wall with her legs wrapped tightly around him. Jill blinked furiously as if it would somehow take the image away. Once the initial shock had resided she burst out laughing for a bizarre unknown reason.

"Jill, let me in."

Jill opened the door to see an extremely red faced Ruth who had somehow managed to find her pyjamma trousers again. Behind her was an equally shamefaced Justin.

"Alright you liars, just how long has this been going on for?" Jill asked loving watching them squirm before her.

"Not long, just a couple of months." Ruth replied looking over at Justin who had chosen not to sit with them on the bed but on a chair in the corner.

"But you called him a scruffy bearded weirdo this morning." Jill suddenly said to Ruth.

"You did, did you." Justin responded as Ruth nodded at him with a grin.

"Wait a minute, you referred to Ruth as a dragon in disguise." Jill added noticing that Ruth had suddenly stopped grinning, "Why didn't you tell me the truth?"

"It's not that we didn't want to tell you." Ruth replied.

"We didn't want to tell anyone, you know what the office is like and it's too much pressure." Justin added.

Jill looked at them, they were already finishing each others sentences.

"You're okay with this?" Ruth hesitantly asked placing a hand on her friends shoulder.

"Okay? I'm over the moon for you guys," Jill reponded pulling Ruth into a hug and beckoning Justin over to her, "I love you both so much."
The relief to Justin and Ruth was immediate and the biggest smiles appeared on their faces.

"Jill, can I offer some advice?" Justin said pulling away from their group hug.

"What?" Jill asked.

Justin picked up the lightsaber from the bed, "Next time you think of taking on a so-called burgular, quit with the Jedi master trick."

"It was the way you turned it on and just stood there." Ruth blurted out unable to contain her laughter.

Jill started laughing too, "I didn't mean to turn it on, I was in shock and maybe if you two wouldn't mind keeping your kinky stuff to the bedroom."

Jill watched as they both started blushing again.

"Now we just have to get you sorted," Ruth said trying to change the conversation.

"No, there will be no sorting for me." Jill immediately responded shaking her finger at them.

"Alright, alright," Ruth replied gently laughing at her friends fierce response.

"Anyway, I think the sandwich man quite likes me and he's cute." Jill said smiling.

"He's married," Justin replied.

Jill thumped her hands on the bed, "Damn it even the sandwich man is coupled up and he looks about 15."

"He's 28 actually. I already checked for you." Justin said as Ruth clung to him to try and hide her face encase she burst out laughing.

"Justin, I'm not some desperate spinster, I'm only 25." Jill responded pushing him off the bed.

"With you heart set on that damn drummer." Justin said as he pulled himself up from the floor.

"Get out." Jill snapped pointing at the door.

"See she physically harms me then shouts at me." Justin said trying to show bruising to Ruth.

"Aww my poor baby." Ruth replied gently stroking his arm.

"Get out before I throw up." Jill shouted but unable to stop grinning.

"She's just jealous because her heart pines for Bob." Ruth said as they giggled.

"That's right, you two just gang up together." Jill retirted, "I am not pining for Bob."

Ruth and Justin looked at each other with raised eyebrows, "I've never seen her get so worked up like that over a guy," Ruth said to him.

"Get out," Jill shouted as she finally managed to push them out and shut the door.

"Shit," Jill whispered as she slowly sunk to the ground and listened to them walk down the hall and shut their bedroom door. Jill was so happy for them but as she sat there the loneliness began to creep over her again and the unwanted tears fell traitorously down her cheeks. "Damn you Bob, I don't even know you and will never see you again, damn you."





Hope you liked the update, please rate/review as I really appreciate it and it gives me encouragement to keep going. Many thanks for the fab reviews - you're the best :)
I'm going to jump forward a bit which I hope nobody minds but I'm desperate to get the guys back into it again.
Sign up to rate and review this story