Categories > Original > Drama > Dear Maria;

Intro.

by panicatthediscoxchik 3 reviews

Welcome to the life of a teenage girl.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-05 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 430 words

0Unrated
“Come on Maria, you’re going to be late for your first day!” my mother screamed up the stairs. At the time, I was struggling with my stupid bangs that my mother suggested I get. Word of advice: Never let your mother cut your hair. Ever. Even if she says that it’ll make you look prettier; never let a mother come within reach of your hair with a pair of scissors. “I’m going as fast as I can!” I exclaimed while grabbing some gel. If my bangs wouldn’t straighten, then they’re just going to be gelled back. About two minutes later, I arrived in the kitchen with my coat on and my backpack slung on one shoulder. I exhaled, “Excuse me, but your millions of boyfriends can wait. I need to get to school, if you don’t mind. Being late on my first day isn’t my idea of a great start. So let’s go!”My mother was one of the many problems that surround my screwed up teenage life. She was almost always on the computer, in search for a man’s love. Having an abusive past with every guy she’s been with doesn’t stop her, which pisses me off. She sighed, “Okay.”Keys in hand, she walked out of the house as I followed her. Since I was new at this school, I wasn’t registered to ride the bus. Someone would notify us when, in fact, I was going to be able to ride the bus. But in the meantime, I would be driven to school- which I didn’t mind. A whole bus filled with kids I’ve never seen before just staring at me really wasn’t my fancy. I’m good. For the entire ride to school in my mothers shitty Cadillac that just would eat gas, I blasted Fall Out Boy from my mp3 player. Poor mechanical device; I’d give it about another month or so until it dies. It’s been dropped and what not countless times. Hopefully I’ll get enough Christmas money to afford one of those nifty and shiny iPods. Yeah, I’m so sure that’ll happen. “Have a great first day, honey,” was all I allowed myself to hear from this beast. “Yeah, whatever. Bye,” with that being said, I slammed the door to the car and trotted my way through the snow to reach the front door of this new school that I would now be attending. Oh how lovely.

"Next Part: One":http://ficwad.com/story/105245
Sign up to rate and review this story