Categories > Original > Drama > Dear Maria;

One.

by panicatthediscoxchik 0 reviews

:)

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-08-10 - 815 words

0Unrated
Please review :) High school: the worst place for a super unconfident teenage girl. It will definitely be the object of my demise. I strolled into the main office, and got weird looks from some kids that were already in there, I guess requesting some passes to be let out of school early for cheerleading practice? I don’t really know, nor do I care. I just stood in line to talk to the main secretary. After some whining, the girls received a few passes, and on the way out I’m so sure I heard a “Dude, I think that’s that new girl.” “Hi, may I help you?” A kind middle-aged woman asked me. Thank god, these secretaries are nice. “Hi, my name is Maria Hathaway. I’m new at this school…”She looked down at some papers, “Ah, yes. Hello. How are you doing today?” “Eh, not bad, but not excellent. Same old, you know.” I replied. “Okay good. Well I’ll have your schedule in just a few minutes, and I will assign a student to be with you the entire day until you get the hang of getting to all of your classes, okay?” she said. I nodded, “Sure, thanks.”Within a few minutes I had my schedule in my hands, and now I was just waiting for this student that I would now follow around. I heard the office door open, and I looked at the person who had just entered. Oh god, if that’s the student helping me, I might as well just kill myself now. It was a girl, a very preppy girl. Pink was everywhere in sight on her slightly chubby body. Glitter lined her eyes, and her lips had so much lip gloss. Inside, I was screaming. “Ah, Kelsey, hello. This is Maria,” the secretary said to the extremely preppy girl. Just my luck. So once we were out of the main office, Kelsey just kept asking me random questions like how old I was, yadda yadda yadda. I answered them all just to get her to shut up. She brought me to my homeroom. She told the teacher that I was new and I was given a desk to sit at. Each and every student in that classroom looked at me from head to toe. The kind of looking at that would make you all self-conscious. I just tried to ignore them as best as I could. Once I sat down at the assigned desk that I was given, I dropped my book bag off of my shoulder so it landed right next to the side of my desk. Since it was the last seat in the row, I didn’t have to worry about someone tripping over it. The girl in front of me turned around and greeted me with, “Hey, my names Selena. What’s your name?”She seemed pretty nice, so I decided to give her a half-decent smile, “Hi. My name is Maria. And as you can tell, I’m new here.” “Yeah, and you have little Ms. I’m-too-good-to-talk-to-normal-people leading you through the whole school. I feel so sorry for you. She can be so self-centered, I know that from experience myself. I was new here last year. If you want I could help you and get her off of your back?” Selena smiled. I looked at her with a look of relief, “Really?! But the lady in the office said that Kelsey would have to guide me..” “Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of it. Here, let me see your schedule, Maria.” She smiled as I handed her my newly-printed schedule. As she was glancing at my schedule, she had a huge smile planted on her lips. “What?” I asked, after a while. “We have all of our classes together, except for one. How ironic, huh?” She smiled. I laughed a little, “Really? Wow. That’s cool. Which one don’t we have together? Just curious.” “Uhm, you have Musical Education while I have Band.” She stated. “Ooh, what instrument do you play?” I asked, curiously. She smiled again, “Drums.” “Whoa, wicked. Finally! I’ve met a chick that plays drums. You any good?” I kept questioning her. Hey, could you blame me? I was new and I was socializing; so it’s all good. “I’m in a band. I’m guessing that you sing? Only singers take Musical Education. You learn about-“ I cut her off. “About notes and what not. Yeah, I know. Yesterday when I came in to take a tour of the school, I demanded that I be put into the class.” I smiled for the first time today. A pure smile. Who would have thought?Maybe this new school wouldn’t be that bad. For once, I may just be happy here.

"Next Part: Two":http://ficwad.com/story/105264":
Sign up to rate and review this story