Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon

A New Rival

by Valzain 0 reviews

Brendan is an upstart trainer in search of a challenge. What challenge? Beating Ash is one of them, but healso wants to take on the Pokemon League in Sinnoh. Follow Brendan's quest as he finds the ...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Ash - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 926 words

0Unrated
A New Rival

AN: Brendan has heard about Ash from his cousin, and now he wants to battle him!The only problem? Ash is in Sinnoh while Brendan is in Hoenn. But Brendan is coming after Ash, and he's decided that he is going to take on the gyms as well! Ash better watch out, because Brendan isn't going to lay off. Of course, Pual is going to get in on the action as well. So, join Brendan as he travels through Sinnoh searching for a challenge... and his fate...
So there is the full summary; just incase it got cutshort^.^ And, just so you know... Brendan is 13, but he is still a 'rookie' trainer because he had to leave his pokemon in Hoenn as he traveled back to his home town Celadon City. The reason? I can't tell you yet! The mysterious tragedy will be revealed in later chapters >.< I'm so evil....

Anyway, please enjoy.

Chapter 1:

"Come on, Torchic! We can do it!" yelled a white haired teenager, encourangingly, to a small orange Pokemon.

"Torchic!" Said the cute Pokemon with determination as it squared off against a slightly bigger gray-black Pokemon.

"Use ember on Poochyena, Torchic!" The teenager seemed just as detrmined as his Pokemon; his mouth set straight and eyebrows furrowed.

"To-r" The Pokemon opened it's beak "Chi-c!" and released a torrent of flame, directed toward the wild Poochyena.

And a direct hit!

The excited teen punched the air with his fist in victory as he watched the Pokemon go unconcious.

"Alright then, Sarah, go for it." He said to a small girl with long brown hair and big blue-violet eyes.

Sarah stumbled closer, a Pokeball in hand. She nervously aimed and threw the ball at the weakened Pokemon.

As it made contact, and it opened to encase Poochyena in a red light, she closed her eyes tightly and crossed her fingers.

The boy let out an amused grin as he recalled his first Pokemon capture 'That's right, Ralts was the first Pokemon that I had caught... Back then, me and Torchic didn't get along too well..."

His thoughts were cut off, however, by a high pitched squel.

"Oh My GOD!! Thank you so much, Brendan!" said Sarah as she did a victory dance, with the Pokeball held up over her head.

"My very first Pokemon! I can't thank you enough!" she continued.

Brendan, embarrased, replied "Ah, well, I still don't understand why you couldn't just get a starter from Birch...".

"Proffesor Birch, Brendan. And I told you; I want to raise only dark and ghost types." She said, impatiently.

Sarah looked up at the sky "Besides, I want to show my big sister what I'm capable of. And I'll beat heat her at her own game!" she said, still looking up and with her hands balled up into fists.

Brendan nodded as he remembered 'Her sister is Pheobe, isn't it? She is a dark and ghost type Master... She was one of the Elite four last year, too...'

"Oh, and by the way... Is it true that your going to Sinnoh? To take on gym challenges, right?" She asked; sad at the thought of her best friend going away again.

"That's right, I've got Old Man Briney taking me to slateport to catch a cruiser on Wensday."

Sarah nodded "Only three days away... Are you sure you have to go?" She asked, pleadingly.

Brendan crossed his arms and nodded "Yeah, because... Well, my cousin told me about a really tough trainer named Ash... And I can't beat him here, when he is all the way over in Sinnoh."

The girl blinked and she looked away from the boy. Instead looking around the grassy clearing, at the tall oaks, maples and the occasional pine tree.

Sarah sighed "Alright, I understand I guess... But, speaking of your cousin... Didn't May tell us to back before it started getting dark?"

Brendan looked up and cringed; it was alreay sunset, and it was definitly getting dark "Aw, damn it all to hell."

"Torchic, tor!" Said Torchic, clearly berating it's trainer as it pecked at his shin.

"Not now, Torchic! I'm busy getting ready for my funeral, 'cause May is going to kill me... you know how she gets." He said, joking a little.

Sarah giggled " Torchic is right, yo need your mouth washed out with soap!"

(Sarah has been able to know what a Pokemon was saying since she was really little.... she can't exactly understand them; she just knows)

Brendan glared at her "Shut up, and you better not tell my aunt about it! Because I'm never letting that happen again."

Sarah only giggled and nodded.

Brendan sighed as he put Torchic into it's ball, put it away, and took out another one "We better use Kirlia's teleport... there's no way we could make it otherwise."

"Good idea." Sarah smiled as she walked closer and took one of Kirlia's hands; Brendan already holding the other.

"Kirlia! Teleport me and Sarah to Littleroot, please." Kirlia merely nodded and and then it started to shift them to town.

End of chapter 1

AN: Alrighty.... so first off, Brendan is May's cousin (in my fic) and Sarah is the little sister of Phoebe (one of the Elite Four if you have played the games). Second... I'm going to tell you about Brendan's Pokemon.
Torchic:
Brendan's first Pokemon (from Proffesor Birch)
LvL 14
Has a 'Brave' Nature (+attack, -speed)
Male
Kirlia:
Brendan's second Pokemon (Evolved from Ralts recently)
LvL 20
Has a 'Calm' nature (+special defence, -attack)
Female

Till next time!
~Valzain
Sign up to rate and review this story