Categories > Original > Romance > Just Friends?

Chapter 6

by nickjisoffthechain 0 reviews

Have you ever been in love with your best friend? I know I have, and his name is Nick Jonas. ~A Jonas Brothers fanfic~

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 902 words

0Unrated
12:07 AM. Ugh, I thought. I'd been tossing and turning for hours now. Nick had been on my mind ever since we left the Jonas's house. I know, I'll call him. I dialed his number. "Hello?"

"Hey Nick," I whispered.

"Gel, it's 12 in the morning. Shouldn't you be sleeping?" His tone was sour.

"What's your problem?"

"Well I was sleeping and you woke me up."

"Well I couldn't sleep, so I wanted to call you."

"Just because you wanted to, doesn't mean you should. Can I go back to sleep now?"

"No, you can't. I want to know what was up with you today."

"What do you mean?"

"You acting really weird. Are you jealous?"

"No! Of course not!"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm certain."

"Uh huh."

"Well... do you like Henry?" He sounded hesitant.

"Nope."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. I like y-- well nevermind."

"For someone who doesn't like him, you sure enjoying spending time with him."

"I enjoy spending time with you too."

"But when you're around Henry, you're all flirty flirty."

"Oh I am not! Wait Henry's texting me. Hold on."

"Exactly my point."

"Nick, I don't like him!!"

"Sure, sure. Well I'm gonna go, I don't want to keep your precious Henry waiting. Bye."

"Fine. Bye." I hung up. Too upset to answer the text, I drifted into a restless sleep.

Nick and I passed eachother a lot at school the next day. And of the million times we passed eachother, we didn't even say hi. Not once. I walked out of the doors of the school towards the buses. I heard my name in the distance, but I ignored it. "Gel!" There it was again. It was Nick calling me so I stopped and waited for him. "Gel, I'm sorry for acting rude on the phone last night. I guess I was kinda..."

"Jealous?" I said, cutting him off.

"No! Just..um.. but yeah I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're forgiven Nicholas."

"Cool. You know the song I showed you back at the begining of the summer? Well I wrote more of it!"

"Really? I wanna hear it!"

"I'll show you later, okay?"

"Yay!"

He chuckled. "Let's get on the bus before it leaves without us!" I raced him to the bus, we both grabbed the seat in the very back. I was glad Nick wasn't mad at me anymore. I hated it when we fought. It's like a piece of me is missing when I don't have him.

"So, do you know what Saturday is?" I asked.

"Our birthday!" He exclaimed.

I laughed. "Yep!" Nick and I had the same birthday. We celebrated together every year.

"I was thinking we could do something together. You know, just the two of us..." He trailed off.

"Well that sounds fun."

"Mhmm." His mouth curled into a smile.

"What were you thinking of doing?"

"Um I don't know.. maybe go to the pool or movies or something.."

"Well that's cool." I stepped off the bus. "I guess we can hang out after I get home."

"That'll be great," he said.

"Okay." I walked to my house and into the maroon living room.

"Hey hun, I'm guessing you didn't have your house key yesterday?" My mom greeted me.

"No I didn't, but I stayed at Lizzy's house."

"Well don't forget it again, okay?"

"Okay." I walked up to my room, and I heard my phone ring.

"Hey, do you want to go to the pool?" Nick's voice rang in my ear.

"Sure. I'll be there in 30 minutes. See ya soon." It didn't take me long to get ready. After about 20 minutes of reading my book, I went to grab my bathing suit. Just as I was about to take off my shirt, my phone rang again.

"Hey Gel." It was Henry.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"I'm about to go to the pool with Nick, you?"

"Oh.. I was just going to ask you if you wanted to come watch Juno with me, but you're going with Nick so..."

"Juno?! Oh my gosh I love that movie!!"

"So you'll come?"

"Yes!"

"Sweet. See you soon."

I hung up and ran down the stairs. I knew I was totally blowing Nick off, but he wouldn't catch me. I hope.

"Going with Nicholas?" My mom called.

"Actually, I'm going to Henrys'. I have my phone if you need me!" I walked out before she could say anything.

Henry greeted me at his door. "Hey." "Hola," I said. I stepped onto a gray colored carpet with cream colored couches. The walls were bleach white with many paintings filling up the empty space. It reminded me of a dentist office. "Ready to watch the movie?" Henry asked.

"Do you have popcorn?"

He grabbed a bowl from the coffee table. "Ready to go."

"Then let's watch it!" I sat down on the couch and Henry popped Juno into the DVD player. By the time the movie was over, it was pretty dark outside. "I'll walk you home."

"It's okay Henry. You really don't have to do that."

"Oh but I want to."

"Okay then."

"So, did you find out why Nick was acting so weird?" Henry asked, a few feet from my house.

"No, he wouldn't tell me."

"Ah. Well here's your house. Bye." He gave me a friendly hug. I dashed toward the door and went inside. Then my phone rang. It was Nick. Oh crap, I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story