Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Babysitter

Chapter 4.....

by dtng101 1 review

Read & Find out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-09 - 653 words

0TrainWreck
Normal POV.
She screamed.
The ghost of the lady in the gray shawl had her by the shoulder.
Now she was going to carry Karina into the clock,where she would live forvever,listening for all eternity to the tick TOCKtick TOCK along with the old spirits of this old house.
She felt whatever clawed their nals into her shoulders drop.
She looked down.
It wasn't a ghost,It was a ginger-colored cat.
The cat claw it's nails into her foot again,softer this time,then rubbed it's back against her jeans leg,mewing loudly.
Karina's heart was still pounding.
Why didn't they tell me they had a cat?
She reached down to pet it,but it ran away,tucking itself under a large sofa.
She felt foolish screaming like that.She wasn't the screaming type.She took a deep and held it,a trick that usually worked when she wanted to calm herself.
Had her scream disturbed Bob?
She ran up the creaking stairs and tiptoed into his room.He was still sleeping peacefully.He looked even more angelic when he slept.She was tempted to wake him up,tell him he could come downstairs and play until his parents came home.
No,Karina.You've got to sjow them your responsible.
SHe heard the animal howls againcloser this time,louder and longer.They seemed to be coming from the the backyard.She crept over to Bob's window,pushed back the curtains,and looked down.
A spotlight on the side of the garage cast a narrow triangle of yellow light over the gravel driveway,a low woodpile,and the tall grass of the yard.Shadows from the trees danced over the grass,which leaned first this way,then that in the swirling wind.
The howling had stopped.
Karina replaced the curtains,took one more look at Bob,then walked quickly downstairs.She found the kitchen,the last room off the long,back hallway,and turned on all the lights.It was the only modern room in the house,bright yellow and orange linoleum tile on the floor,newly painted white wooden cabinets,new appliances,even a microwave.
I guess this is the only room they've been able to redo,Karina told herself.She found a Coke in the refrigerator and a bag of nacho chips on the counter.Maybe I'll just stay in the kitchen all night,she though.It's so much less creepy in here.
But the kitchen stools were uncomfortable,and she had left her backpack in the den.And she realized that from way in the back of the house she wouldn't be able to hear Bob if he called from upstairs.So she carried her snack back down the long hallway,through the living room with it's creaking floors and annoying clock,and back to the den.
Well,what shall I do now?she asked herself,dropping back down into the big white leather chair.I can't just sit around and listen to the wind howl and the shutters bang,and think about how creepy it is here.
Se pikced up the newspaper from the table next to the chair nad scanned the front page.
"oh"!A headline made her gasp.THRID BABYSITTER ATTACK HAS POLICE ON ALRET.
She tossed the paprer down without reading the story.
Then she remembered that before leaving the house she had grabbed a book to read.But what was it?She searched in her pack and pulled it out.Oh,great.A Stephen King novel.Good choice,Karina.That'll cheer you up!
She stuffed the book back into her pack and got up.Should dhe switch on the TV?
No.She couldn't sit still.She decided to explore the living room for a while.
She was walking past the stoot-stained,marble fireplace in front of the sofa with the cushions that din't match when she heard the first footstep.
SHe stopped.
REVIEWS?
Sign up to rate and review this story