Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Off the Tour

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

The tour is finished but is Bob and Madison?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-09 - 1708 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mark slammed on the breaks, “What do you mean the baby isn’t his? I asked you point blank if it was and you told me yes.”

“You asked me if it it was Bryar’s and it is, just not Bob’s?”

“You know what I meant!” Mark continued to drive.

“I didn’t think he’d want a paternity test, besides don’t you know someone who could rig something?”

“Yeah I do. But I need something from you. You know some seedy characters right?” asked Mark.

“Like you don’t.”

“The ones I know are into insider trading, cooking the books things like that.”

“What do you need?”

“I need someone who’s impeccable at forgery. I’ll pay them handsomely.”

“I might know someone,” said Ali as she got out of the car, “let me know when you’ll need them.”

“This is the rat hole you live in?” asked Mark looking at the dilapidated house he parked in front of.

“Thanks to your future bride, I might be moving on up. Just find someone to fix the test.”

“I’ll call soon.”

Ali waddled into the house she shared with Jim, smiling. “Hey baby how’s my cousin?”

“Fine.”

“I thought you were going to be right back?”

“They invited me to dinner and Mark drove me home.”

“Where is that goddamn fucking son-of-a-bitch I want to kill him?”

“Now Jim you wouldn’t want to kill your new boss. He needs an impeccable forger that he’s willing to pay handsomely.”

“Fine as long as I don’t have to meet him ‘cause if I ever did I’d kill him for what he’s doing to you.”

“Jim I’m doing it too.”

“Mark my words he’s going to throw you aside when he’s done with you.”

“As long as we get our ten percent cut I don’t care. We’ll kiss this all good-bye. Just you me and Bobby. Here I brought you leftovers.”

“Someday I’ll be taking you to that restaurant.”

“I’m sure you will. I’ll be waiting for you in the bedroom, so hurry up and eat.


In another part of Chicago Bob and Madison were just settling in his bed. She laid on his chest listening to his heart beat. He was running his fingers through her hair.

“I’m worried about Ali,” she said breaking the perfect silence.

“Ali’s a big girl she’s capable of taking care of herself.”

“Bob she hasn’t seen a doctor the past couple of months, at this point she should be seeing one every two weeks. She said she can’t afford it. I said I would pay for the medical bills.”

“We don’t even know if it’s mine.”

“I told her if it wasn’t that we never want to see her face again. The problem is if it is yours do you want it suffering from malnutrition before he’s even born?”

“No, mine or not I wouldn’t want that for any child.”

“I’m gonna set up a bank account with fifty thousand dollars in there so she can get on her feet.”

“She’s my responsibility; I don’t want you paying for it.”

“It’s our responsibility and I want to do something.”

“I don’t want to fight our last night together before you head off to Connecticut and I head off to Denver.”

“Then what?”

“I’ll stay here for a week get Ali set up in a decent place and take her shopping for baby stuff and then I’ll fly out to Jersey for a day or two and then I’ll stay with you until it’s time to go to Mexico.”

“Mexico?”

“Just for a few days. Then I’ll be back for a few days before we go on tour again.”

“Tour again?”

“We’re planning a gig at Maxwell’s in Jersey, then there’s something else in the works for Jersey but I can’t say it yet then we’re playing two shows in Maine and then we’re off to Europe with Lyn-Z’s band.”

“When will you be home?”

“Sometime in November, we’ll definitely be home for the holiday.”

Madison’s eyes filled with tears at the thought of Bob being gone so long.

“Don’t cry baby. We’ll have just about a whole month together before I go.”

“I guess and with school and my mother’s foundation I’m sure I’ll keep busy enough.”

“We’ll keep in touch everyday, I promise.”

“So what do you want to do tonight?”

“What do you think?” she gave a weak smile.

“I thought so,” Bob rolled over. “Good night sweetie.”

Madison jumped on Bob, “Oh no you don’t.”

Bob started laughing and flipped her over so he was on top of her. He moved his lips closer to hers and whispered, “I love you.” Then his lips came down crashing on hers.

The next morning they got up sadly, got dressed and left for O’Hare. They met Elisabeth and William at the entrance. Their jet was going to Windsor, where Kelsey was meeting Madison and then William and Elisabeth were heading off to Boston where they were meeting Derek and all three would be going off to Phillips Academy.

When they got to the security checkpoint Madison and Bob just held each other never wanting to let go. Madison’s eyes were welling with tears when Bob bent down and kissed her. “I miss you already.”

“Call me?” pleaded Madison.

“Everyday.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” Bob picked up his bag and went through security, looking back and waving as he made his way to the gate.

William wrapped his arm around his eldest daughter’s shoulder as they walked off to the private gates.


Madison was sound asleep when the phone rang. It was Bob and there was a lot of noise in the background.

“Bob, what’s going on?”

“Gerard and Lyn-Z just got married!”

“Tell them congrats for me. I had problems falling asleep earlier, so I grabbed a few pillows from the spare bedroom so I could pretend it was you.”

“I miss you too, babe.”

“Let me get back to sleep I start classes tomorrow.”

“Night beautiful.”

“Night handsome.”

The next few days were crazy at for Madison getting adjusted to classes and one of them had a project due by the fifteenth.

Bob went to Chicago and set Ali up in a nice apartment with a second bedroom for the baby. They bought everything a nursery could need and Bob put together the crib for Ali. He also went to the doctors appointment with her and for the first time heard the baby’s heartbeat. Because it was so long since she had seen a doctor they did another ultrasound and Bob got to see everything including the fact that it was indeed a boy. Bob kissed her forehead when he saw the child inside of her.

A few days later the bus had arrived back in Jersey and Bob flew to Newark to get his stuff. He showed the pictures from the ultrasound to the guys and told them of his experience at the doctors.

Frank finally asked the question they all wanted to, “Are falling back in love with Ali?”

“I guess in a way I am, but not the way I feel for Maddie. If Maddie wasn’t around I’d definitely would marry Ali and make a go of it. But it doesn’t matter because it’s Madison I love and who my heart belongs to. I missed her so fucking much I can’t wait to see her tomorrow.”


Madison was having a nervous breakdown over school, her mother’s foundation gala and wondering what was going on with Bob and Ali. He sounded so happy talking about the baby. At least he was in Jersey now and closer to her.

The next morning Madison got up excitedly knowing that Bob was coming she was also nervous because she didn’t know if this was the end of their relationship or not.

The day progressed quickly and her mind was scattered her project group wanted to meet. She agreed forgetting she was supposed to meet Bob at the airport.

It was seven o’clock when he group began to break up. Kevin a senior turned to her, “I like you Madison, would like to go out with me some time?”

“I have a boyfriend, but thanks anyway.” Then Madison’s eyes went bulged at he realization she was supposed to pick up Bob at the airport three hours ago. How could she do that to him he must hate her. She turned her cell on as it was ringing it was Kelsey.

“Forget to do something?” she asked.

“I’m a horrible girlfriend. I can’t believe I forgot.”

“It’s okay I have him right here safe and sound he’s been worried sick about you.”

“I’m headed home and I’ll grab a bite to eat for all of us.”

“You want to talk to him?”

“Please.”

On the other line came a man’s voice, “Ooooh baby I miss you.”

“Dave get off the phone,” yelled Madison.

She could hear laughter in the background and her heart stopped when she heard Bob’s laugh.

“Hey hun is everything okay?”

“Igotcuaghtupwiththeprojectgroupandforgot,” she said quickly. Then she started crying, “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m here and you’re safe that’s all that matters.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too baby and I’ll see you soon.”

Madison closed her phone and wondered what the hell she did to do to deserve someone as sweet and kind as Bob. Someone somewhere must really like her.

Half hour later Kelsey, Dave and Bob walked in the door. Madison ran up to Bob and hugged him tight.

She started crying “I’m so sor…” she never got to finish her sentence because Bob started kissing her feverently.

“After we eat I’m going to make sure you never forget me again.”

Sign up to rate and review this story