Categories > Original > Romance > Anatomy

Chapter Four

by Electriciaty 2 reviews

Paul Becker, choreographer to the Jonas Brothers, up and quits, a week before the new tour! Just when the boys think all hope is lost, Angelina Mallery comes into the picture, could she make this t...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-08-11 - Updated: 2008-08-11 - 2030 words

0Unrated


Chapter Four



"I can't just up and leave, Justin!" I complained, following him through the studio.


He had just arranged for me to not only go to the Jonas Brothers' house for dinner tonight, but also go on tour with the band for three months if it worked out with the rest of their family.



"Oh yes you can. Do you realize the fine line you just walked?" He was shuffling papers around on his desk.



"How was I supposed to know?!" I threw my arms in the air.



"You're an employee of the best dance company in the celebrity world; you should know EVERYTHING about EVERYONE."



"But-"



"No buts! You didn't even know who they were! How does that make me look? I don't just take anyone, Angelina. Just because Christina Aguilera specifically requested you, which forced me to hire you, doesn't mean that you have to STAY hired."



Low blow. I didn't /want/to use my connections when I came to New Jersey. But I didn't have a job and when I got a call from Justin, saying that Christina Aguilera wouldn't work with him unless I was hired, I accepted it without hesitation.



"Now, you're going to go to dinner tonight, put on a pretty face, and make that family like you. Your job depends on this, Angelina. Those boys were set on having you as their choreographer. I'm not going to lose them as clients because of you."



I sighed, giving up. "Yes sir."



-



"Wow, are you serious?" Marcy was lying on my bed, watching me do my hair in the mirror as Igot ready for dinner.



She, of course, had heard of the Jonas Brothers. She claimed it was because her little sister was absolutely gaga over them, but after listening to their music I recognized it as the band I was running to this morning.



"Yeah, crazy Iknow. I just can't believe my career rests on whether or not I get some gig with three teenage boys." I sighed, flipping my hair.



"No, not that, Nick Jonas actually touched you." She smiled.



"Oh would you shut up!" I threw a pillow at her.



"Come on! You saw them in person, they're so hot."



"I don't understand what you see in Joe, he was wearing pants tighter than mine." I rolled my eyes.



"Exactly, you can see his package" Marcy stuck her tongue out at me.



"Oh gross!" I continued to maul her with more pillows. "Didn't you say something about apurity ring?"



"Yeah, yeah, it's just like the one you wear." She rolled her eyes, pushing me off of her. "I still don't understand why you wear it."



"Hey, don't diss."My tone turned serious. "We've had this conversation before; you know why Iwear it."



She shrugged and got off my bed, straightening the pillows before she left.



I picked up the necklace from the Tupperware dish where I kept all my jewelry, there was agleaming silver band hanging from the necklace, I secured it around my neck and tucked it into my shirt. I pushed away the bad memories and straightened up, examining myself in the mirror.



I had let my long blonde hair go wavy, not seeing any sense in styling it since it looked fine naturally. I blow dried my side swept bangs though; they go crazy if they're not taken care of. I only had a little bit of eye liner and mascara on, highlighting my hazel eyes just a little bit.



I hated all things lipstick oriented, so I settle on a tiny bit of bath and body works flavored lip gloss.



Marcy had picked out my outfit, a lavender tube top that bunched around my chest but then flowed out like a baby doll top. I had on lightly washed skinny jeans with a pair of black kitten heels.



I was never good at clothing. Anything that was comfortable to dance in was what I went for.



I smoothed out my top, trying to smooth the butterflies in my stomach too. Boys were never my strong suit. Even if they were just clients, I tended to get very tongue tied and dazed, especially if they were cute.



I groaned and flopped onto my bed. This was not happening. I'm just a normal girl, who happens to work with some celebrities from time to time. I don't go on random tours with bands I've never heard of. That's just not me. I could just imagine my mother now: "Oh honey! I knew you would make it in the world! Why don't you invite them back home and we can have lunch at the country club or something?'



Gag.



I'm sure to some other teenage girl there would be no conflict here. Stay at home and deal with dumbass boss (a.k.a. Justin) and possible get fired, or leave on tour with three random hotties that just happened to walk in on you working? Seems like an easy decision, but I worried about everything.



Of course there's the drama of what happens if I like one of them. God forbid that, please. I do NOT want to get into a relationship with a musician. That has bad news written all over it, kind of like hot is written all over Joe's-


WOAH, bad thoughts. Okay Angelina, get a hold of yourself.



I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror again.



"I can get through this." I whispered.



"ANGELINA THEY'RE HERE!" Marcy's fan girl voice screeched through the entire house, causing me to trip and fall flat on my face as I walked out of my room.



I pushed myself up and glared in the direction of her voice, making a mental note to dump all the milk down the sink so she had to actually go out of the house and do something for once.



"I'm coming, I'm coming." I started walking and stopped to adjust the strap on my shoe when the doorbell rang. "Don't you even think of-!"



"Hey Nick!" She was all smiles when I finally got to the door. I shoved her out of the way and stopped to catch my breath.



"I am so sorry about that." I puffed out, closing the door behind me. "She's a crazed fan, even though she won't admit it." Nick raised an eyebrow at me, but then a look of understanding came across his face when Marcy moved the curtain aside in the bay window and waved excitedly, a stupid grin across her face.



"Shall we?" Nick offered me his arm playfully. I looked down at it, my mind going blank for amoment.



Take his arm stupid!



I snapped out of my daydream of Nick and me, rolling around on the beach and smiled, taking his arm.



"Thanks you kind sir." I giggled, mentally rolling my eyes at myself, this was so not me.



"Not a problem milady." He played along, leading me down the driveway to the car, my jaw dropped when I saw the car that Kevin was waving and smiling at me in.



A 2007 Ford Shelby GT was grinning at me. A sparkling white Shelby GT was in my driveway! I walked up to it and traced my hand across the hood of the car.



I was in a daze and Nick laughed. "It's Joe's. Kevin and I stole it for the day. No doubt he'll be flipping out when we get home." He opened the door for me as I slid into the back seat.



"Woah there bud, let the lady sit in the front." Kevin stopped before Nick could sit down.



"No really, it's fine." I shook my head, just happy to be in such a majestic vehicle.



"I insist." Kevin said this to Nick, who's eyes flickered with a hint of...was that jealousy? But he took my hand and helped me out of the back seat before crawling there himself.



As Kevin pulled out of the driveway, I bit my lip and reached over his shifting arm towards the radio.



He laughed when he saw my hesitant approach. "Go ahead, it's not my car!"



I grinned and pressed the knob, Joe obviously knew someone about cars, he had upgraded the stereo system, and when a local rock station came blaring through the speakers, I found he had upgraded the bass as well.



I'm in heaven!



Kevin smiled at my excitement as I flicked through the stations. I turned the radio on scan, waiting for something that caught my interest.



"Wait! Go back, Ilove this song!" Nick cried from the back seat, reaching between the seats and turned the stereo back.



She's got me speeding in the fast lane.
Pedal to the floor mane, trying to get back to her love...


Best believe she got that good thing,

She my little hood thing, ask around they know us.



"Nick Jonas listening to rap? Scandalous!" I put my hand over my mouth in mock surprise before dancing along with Nick.



"Oh no, not another one!" Kevin groaned as Nick and I rapped all the way home.



I laughed along with Nick once we got to their house. We both jumped out of the car and he started doing the Soulja Boy as I started grinding my hips around. We both looked at each other before falling in the front yard, dying of laughter. Irolled over to look at him while Kevin started up the front walk.



"I'm really glad you decided to come, Angelina." Nick's facial expression had turned serious as he stared at me, his eyes really sparkled.



I smiled at him,"Me too." I stood up and brushed the grass of my skirt. "You ready?"



"Yep!" Nick started standing up, but stumbled a little bit. "Whoops"



I grabbed his arm,"Are you okay?"



He laughed. "Yeah, my blood sugar is just low, I've been waiting for mom's cooking all day!"



"You're hypoglycemic?"



He shook his head,"Diabetic."



"No way! My roommate is too!" I walked beside him, helping him to the house so he could sit down.



"Really? The girl in the window?" He raised an eyebrow.



"Yeah, she's got it really bad, that's why she stays inside most of the time. She can't handle too much activity before she has to eat."



"I know! I have to have a whole meal before a concert. It's ridiculous. I'm on stage all bloated and I feel like a bear or something." He grinned, I watched his face as his eyes sparkled again, he was thinking back to his memories.



We finally made it to the front step where Kevin was leaning on the doorframe.



"Need something to eat, bud?" He pushed himself off and helped Nick to the door.



"Nah, I'm good'till dinner, I'll just sit down with Angelina at the table." Nick looked over at my direction, as if he was asking if that was all right.



"Sure!" I smiled. It was hard not to resist his sheepish grin.



"Joe! Angelina's here!" Kevin hadn't even finished his sentence when a door to the right opened, revealing the teen rocker in...sweatpants?



"No way! The boy has something other than skinny jeans!" I mocked astonishment and he narrowed his eyes, but smiled soon after.



"Hey, I look good in them." He shrugged and walked up to me, holding his arms out for a hug. "I'm glad you came."



I blinked and hugged him back, "No problem." I felt my eyes water when I took a breath as Iwas pulling away from him. There was a spiciness to his scent, mixed with warmth.



I wiped under my eyes, careful not to mess up my make up. I had an awful reaction when I was embarrassed, I cried.



"Woah, are you okay?" Kevin put his hands on the sides of my arms, looking at my watery eyes.



I laughed, trying to hide my flushed cheeks. "Yeah, sorry. I have really bad allergies."



"Boys? Is Angelina here yet?" I heard a maternal voice call from down the hallway.



"Oh right! You've gotta meet mom." Nick seemed to have recharged as he took my arm again and led me down the hallway.
Sign up to rate and review this story