Categories > Original > Romance > Burnin' Up

Chapter 15

by LizzyJonas 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-08-11 - Updated: 2008-08-12 - 542 words

0Unrated
Lizzy, Jess, and Alison’s POV:

We were hanging out at Lizzy’s house. It was really awkward because Brian was there while her parents were out. They wouldn’t even let us stay home alone after what happened.

“Blahhhh. I am so bored.” Jess said with an angry look on her face.

“Yeah same. Let’s go outside and lay in the grass.” Lizzy told her two best friends.
We all lay in the grass watching the clouds go by. We just closed our eyes and took a deep breath. It was so relaxing; this was just what we needed.

“Lizzy! Some lady is on the phone and wants to talk to you. Come over here and get the phone.” Brian yelled from the front door.

“Who is it?” Lizzy asked.

“I don’t know.” He answered.

“….Hello?” Lizzy asked quietly.

“Lizzy, this is Denise; Nick, Joe, and Kevin’s mother. There has been a problem. Nicholas is in the hospital. Joe and Kevin told me to call you. We are at Middlesex Hospital.” Mrs. Jonas said quietly, she sounded like she was about to cry.

Lizzy’s POV:

The phone went dead and the dial tone came up. I was in shock; I didn’t know what to think. I dropped the phone, and I could see Jess and Alison running over to me.

“Lizzy, who was it? What’s wrong?” Alison asked, sounding worried.

“It was Mrs. Jonas. N-Ni-Nick is in the hospital. I don’t know why, but I am scared. We need to get down there.” I mumbled back.

“Oh my gosh! We need to get to the hospital. Will Brian take us?” Jess asked.

“Brian, please take us to the hospital, our friend is hurt.” Alison yelled.

“Is it those Jonas boys? I bet it’s nothing, you don’t need to get driven there, and it’s like 30 minutes away.” He replied.

“BRIAN! What the hell? Stop being such an asshole and take us! Our friend is in trouble, and I know it’s bad, I can feel it.” I yelled back starting to cry.

“Fuck it, he won’t take us. Let’s just run there, we can catch a bus; I don’t car how far it is.” Jess yelled in anger.

We started sprinting to the center of town about 4 miles away to catch the nearest bus. We were all out of breath, but we didn’t care, we needed to get to the hospital…We heard a car honking behind us and we turned to see that it was Brian.

“Get in; I am taking you to the hospital.” He said.

“Thank you so much Brian, you don’t know how much this means to us.” Jess said jumping in the car, trying to catch her breath.

We were all silent on the way to the hospital. We didn’t know what to think. What happened to Nick? Was he really badly hurt? I was praying to God he was okay. I was trying to hold back my tears so I wouldn’t worry Jess and Alison, even though I could see that they were tearing up too. We pulled up to the hospital and we ran inside. Everyone was crying.
Sign up to rate and review this story