Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Scandalous Scholastics

Time To Dance

by x-PhotoProofKisses-x 0 reviews

..

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-13 - Updated: 2008-08-14 - 424 words

0Unrated
When I gather memories from my childhood, many of them aren’t pleasant. My Father, just acknowledging his relation to me is a big step. He lied, he cheated, he fought, he lied some more, he stole, he drunk and he never tried to hide the fact that he hated me, and I was purely alive for him to torture. I remember turning ten. My mom had just gotten a new job that paid fairly well, so I was allowed a birthday party.

My friends smile around me as my Mom passes me my last present. I rip off the paper to reveal… “Darth Vader and Anakin!” a wave of happiness hits me. This is exactly what I wanted. I hold the figurines up to my Mom to see she’s not standing beside me anymore. I hear voices in the kitchen, that must be her.
“Come on Andrew, let’s go play.” One of my friends say and I follow them up to my room with my brand new StarWars action figures. I can show my Mom later. There are shouts from the kitchen and I go to see what’s happening just in time to watch Dad pick up my Birthday cake and throw it to the floor.
“There is nothing to celebrate about that boy’s birth.” He spat at my mother. That’s when he noticed me in the doorway, fighting to hold back tears, and I saw his face twist. He ruined everything


I wasn’t sure what the expression was at the time, because the tears had fogged my glasses up, but now I know. I have never seen such hate in a persons eyes as what was in his that day. And I’ve never had a birthday since.

My Mom was wonderful, but I don’t know how she put up with it. Even through the bruises and infidelity she stayed strong. Years later, in her hospital bed, she told me that she had given her best to this life and that never once did she regret having me. Her only regret being that when she said ‘I do’ that she took the till death do us part too seriously. Much more than a teenage vow. Mom is the reason I’m where I am today, Mom was the one who cleaned my grazed knees, the one who paid for my secret drum lessons, the one that ensured I wouldn’t turn out like my father and the one that helped me to pursue my dreams.
Sign up to rate and review this story