Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Throttle The Ignition

A Place To Stay

by Hatsumi_Narita 0 reviews

Katlyn may have found peace

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-14 - Updated: 2008-08-14 - 1411 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard's POV;

Hmm, I wonder what wrong. Is there something going on at home? In fact, she never really talked about her family. Instead of taking the bus with Mikey and everybody, we took my car. I wanted to know more about her. More about her past...everything. I knew something wasn’t right. I started up the car and looked over at Katlyn. She was messing with a loose thread on her jeans, she looked nervous. I interlaced my fingers with hers, lifted our hands and kissed her knuckles.

“It’s okay, sugar. You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to. I just want to make sure you’re okay.” I assured her.

I gave her a soft smile and she smiled back. I backed out of the school parking lot and drove about 2 miles until we reached my house. I parked the car, got out, went over to the passenger side and let Katlyn out. I took her hand and lead her to the door. When we walked in, I looked at the clock it was 4:30.

“Follow me.” I said, walking down to my room. Once we got downstairs,

“Just put your stuff anywhere, make yourself at home.”

I walked to my bed, sat down and patted on the mattress ushering her to sit down. I took her in my arms again.

“I wanna know everything about you. You can tell me anything.” I whispered in her ear. I felts cold droplets hit my neck. I pulled her from me, she had tear running down her face.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” I asked, wiping away her tears.

“Well- It’s – It’s just,” she coughed out.

“Baby, just calm down…” I said holding her again.

“Do you remember w- when I said I wanted a fresh st-start?”

“Yes why?” I asked.

“Well, it’s because I had a bad past…” she cried even harder.

“My only family, my mother and sister were killed and I didn’t do anything to stop it! I just stood there while he points the gun to my mother’s head! THEN HE SHOT HER! THE BASTARD SHOT MY FUCKING MOTHER! Then he yelled at my sister and shot her! I’m so stupid! It’s all my fault!” she screamed, crying into my shoulder.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I held her tight, and laid her down, holding her close while she cried.

“Katlyn,” I began. She looked up.

“How and where are you living?” I asked concerned. It took her a minute to answer.

“I live alone.” She said quietly.

“Where?” I asked, she didn’t answer.

“Katlyn, I’m worried about you. Where are you living?” I asked again. She looked down.

“In my car…” was all she said. It made my heart break.

“On what money?” I asked.

“I have to find a job.” she replied.

This was terrible. She lives alone, in her car with no money. I had to do something. I kissed her forehead.

“I’ll be right back.” I told her and walked upstairs. Mom just walked in the door.

“Gerard how was your day, Hun?” she greeted me and kissed my cheek.

“Good, Mom, I need to talk to you.”

“What wrong, Gerard?”

“I invited Katlyn over for dinner. Mom, I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. But I’m really worried about her.”

“Why are you worried about her? Is she in any kind of danger?” Mom asked.

“Well, technically yes. I just found out that her only family, her mother and sister were shot and killed back in Connecticut. Now, she’s living alone in her car with no money. Mom, what should I do?”

“Oh my lord! That’s terrible! Poor thing. Well, she can stay from dinner and as for her living situation-“ Mom stopped and looked towards the door. I saw Katlyn standing there.

“Mom, this is Katlyn. Katlyn, this is my mom.” I acquainted them.

“Nice to meet you,” Katlyn said shyly.

Mom smiled,

“Hello Hun, you can call me Donna.”

Katlyn smiled then asked me,

“Gerard, where’s the bathroom?”

“Oh, it’s down the hall to the left.” I said.

“Thank you.” She said and walked down the hallway. I waited until she was in the bathroom.

“She seems like a kind girl. She’s very nice.” Mom said.

“Yeah…she’s great. What we’re you saying before, Mom?”

“I was saying, as for her living situation, why can’t she stay here? There’s a guest bedroom she can stay in and there’s plenty of food to go around. She can stay here as long as she wants.”

“Really?” I was happy for both Katlyn and me.

“Of course, Gerard. I’m not going to let the poor girl starve or live all by herself for that matter, she can stay.” She said with a smile.

I gave my mom a huge hug.

“Thank you so much, Mom.”

Then I heard the bathroom door open. Katlyn walked down the hall and I greeted her with a huge smile on my face.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing.--Mom we’re going to my room!” I yelled to my mom.

“Okay dinner is in an hour!” she yelled back.

We walked back downstairs and sat on my bed. It was quiet for a moment.

“Katlyn,” I began, she turned her face to me. Her blue eyes looking at me dearly. They sparkled as the moonlight hit her face. God, she was beautiful.

“I don’t want you living alone, it’s not safe.” I said taking her face in my hands.

“Gerard,”

“No, you’re not going to live alone in your car on nothing, I won’t have it. You’re staying here.” I said the kissed her passionately. She broke away.

“Gerard, are you sure you’re mom will be okay with that?” She asked. I smiled.

“She was the one who demanded you stay here. She said that she was not going to let you live in your car alone and starve. You can stay in the guest bedroom and if you need anything I’m right down here.”

She was silent, but then she smiled.

“Thank you so much, Gerard.” She reached out and touched my hand. She made my heart skip a beat. I took her in my arms again and kissed her forehead.

“Dinner!” Mom yelled down the stairs.

We stood, and walked up the stairs. When we entered the living room, Mikey looked at Katlyn.

“Hey Katlyn.” Mikey said taking a bite of his pizza.

“Hey Mikey” she said back.

During dinner we talked about a lot of old horror films, comic books, and some of our favorite bands. A few minutes later it was about 7:30.

Mom was already in bed considering the fact that she had to get up early to go to work. Mikey said went in his room and played some video games to pass the time. For me and Katlyn, it had been such a long day, that all we wanted to do was sleep.

“If you need anything I’ll be down here, okay? Anything,” I said and kissed her goodnight.

She looked down.

“What’s wrong, Baby?” I asked and lifted her chin so I could see her face.

“Uhmm….can I sleep with you tonight? I don’t want to be alone…” she said blushing a bit

I smiled,

“Of course you can…maybe you should get more comfortable though.” I said pointing at her clothes, she looked down.

“Oh,” she yawned. “You’re right.” I got up and got a band tee and some pajama pants.

“Here, you can borrow these.” I handed her the extra clothes.

“Thank (yawn) you.” She stumbled over.

“Whoa, down fall.” I caught her. Man she must be tired from crying do much today.

“Gee?” she asked.

“Yeah?”

“Can you help me?” she asked, I blushed.

“Uh...Sure.” I said.

She got undressed and I put her shirt on for her, then she put on the pajama pants.

I lifted the comforter from the mattress. She laid down next to me; I wrapped my arms around her tightly and kissed her softly.

“Sweet dreams…” I said, but she was already asleep. Her eyes were light closed, breathing slowly. I kissed her again, and then sleep had claimed me. We fell asleep in each others arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story