Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

The Promise

by Moonshyne 6 reviews

Did Bob keep his promise to Madison?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [R] - Published: 2008-08-17 - Updated: 2008-08-17 - 2664 words - Complete

1Exciting
Elisabeth’s POV

I sit there in the McKinlock Court just thinking of the service. Poor Maddie broke down so bad. The asshole and I had to help her off the stage, but she’s a trooper she came back and finished her speech. I can’t help but spy on her and Adam as they sit and talk. I know she needed someone else but he’s not even here.

“A penny for your thoughts,” said an familiar voice.

I turned around and smiled, Bob gave me a huge hug.

“How’re you doing?”

“Okay, I guess. It’s Maddie I’m worried about.”

“She’s in good hands by the way it looks.” He motions over to Maddie and Adam.

“You know she’d rather it be you.”

“I don’t think so.”

“I know so. I take it you haven’t talked to her?”

“I can’t, I thought I could but I can’t.”

“You still love her don’t you?”

“Not like I did. She just hurt me too much.”

“She doesn’t love him you know.”

“Don’t tell me that.”

“Why?”

“At least if she loved him, there was never an us to give up on.”

“Something happened when you were gone I know it.”

“Then she didn’t love or trust me enough to say something, she gave up on us.”

“She’s not the only one,” I said as I walked away. It’s so obvious that they still love each other I just wish I knew what happened.

Eloise’s POV

I see my son looking at Madison with a longing that he never has for Ali. I wish he would just go over and talk to her, I have and I know she still loves him with all her heart. She was so happy to hear he was here but then that cad of a husband swept her away. I gave her my number if she ever needed to talk. I hope she takes me up on it.

“Ready Mom?” My son asks as he looks over at her direction.

“Shouldn’t we say our goodbyes?” I ask him wanting them to at least talk to each other.

“They have a lot of people they need to talk to.”

“But there’s only one person Madison wants to talk to,” I say hoping he would take the bait.

“Drop it Mom, there’s nothing to say. Let’s go.”

So we left.

Two Months Later

Narrator’s POV

Chris sat in his cell at Bergin Correctional Institute in Connecticut where he had been a model prisoner. Everyone left him alone after realizing who his uncle was. His uncle was rumored head of the Ganvasa crime family in New York, Paul Demarci. Uncle Paul was making a special visit. While Chris was away, his beautiful sister took her own life because of what Mark did to her. She felt worthless now that she lost her career and gets stares wherever she goes. Uncle Paul was coming to get the name of who did this to her and exact revenge for upsetting his sister so badly.

A prison guard came to his cell and Chris was looking at his sister before Mark got to her. How stupid he felt, when Mark made the threat he should have went straight to his uncle, when Mark actually harmed his sister he should have went to his uncle, but no he felt he got himself into the mess he would pay for his crime and help his sister realize there was more to her than just a pretty face. But he never go the chance. Now his uncle was coming and now he would tell him what he should have before.


Andrew Mitchell was nervously checking in his bag for his flight to Chicago. He had made sure that he met all requirements for carrying a firearm but was still nervous about it. He didn’t relax until they called his flight for boarding. He was going to the States to take care of business. For more than a year he was working with William Trenton and last August he finally agreed to sell his company to him on the promise that no workers would be laid off and the company would stay running. Trenton was a man of his word and brought in some huge contracts that saved his company but a week ago the acting CEO decided to move the contracts to a cheaper labor country leaving him with the dirty job of telling his employees they have no job. He boarded the plane and thought of his employees and knew one thing Mark Gadsen had to pay and pay dearly.

Nagataka Ishikawa was on a mission, his final mission. He had brought dishonor to his family and now needed to restore it. He entered a partnership with William Trenton and just as they were about to collectively buy a failing Japanese company and restore it to it’s original glory. Two nights ago Gadsen pulled Trenton Enterprises from the deal. The board of directors warned him about doing business with Westerners but he liked Trenton and felt it was only his untimely death that caused the betrayal. Now he must restore his honor and that of his company’s.

Bradley Johnson sat by the pool in Mexico City hating the life he was exiled to. He missed his wife and his children desperately he also wanted revenge. Trenton was dead, that only left Madison and he already knew what he was going to do with her, and Mark. Mark swore to protect him and keep Trenton at bay, but here he was a wanted man. He was just waiting for his falsified identity to come through and then he was going home to exact his revenge.

Elisabeth Trenton was madder than ever Mark was destroying her father’s reputation left and right and now her bid to overturn her father’s will was dismissed. She felt she had no recourse this should be Madison and her company not Mark’s, at least the personal assests were frozen and she still had a chance of overturning that part of his will. She packed her suitcase that included a Smith & Wesson 990L pistol. She was hoping to get rid of all her and her sister’s problems in one shot.

Madison and Mark had moved to her father’s estate in Kenilworth, against her wishes. Ever since her father died everything went down hill and the fact that Bob couldn’t bare to see her made it worse. She felt like some fangirl just aching to see pictures or read something about him. She was watching videos from their last show at Madison Square Garden. She smiled at seeing her name and remembered the story of how her father proposed to her mother at Madison Square Park, it’s how she got her name.

Madison looked at her watch again, she knew he would be here in five minutes. She only prayed Mark would stay away so he could do his work. Three minutes later the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” she called out to the Ainsworth. “She just didn’t know who she could trust anymore and since Mark would kill her if he found out what she was doing, she didn’t want to take the chance.”

“Hi I’m Peter Kearney, you needed a locksmith?”

“Yes, my father just passed away and he has all this locked furniture and two safes I need opened.”

“No problem Miss Trenton,” said Peter.

She so missed being called that so she didn’t even bother to correct him.

He left after changing all the locks and giving her copies to the keys. So Mark would never know she paid him cash with a very generous tip. She jumped a mile when the phone rang. It stopped after the second ring which meant Ainsworth got it. She slowly made her way to the library from the connection of the sitting room. She sat in the large leather chair and slowly opened the middle drawer. Suddenly Ainsworth’s voice came over the intercom to inform her that Mark would be home at three. This would give her two hours to go snooping around.

After the middle drawer, which contained a few office supplies, she went to the lower left hand side. She found file after file of deals Mark made in her father’s name, all of them very much illegal. Her father’s signature was on all of them. Was all he said about business ethics a lie? Slowly she made her way through the drawers. She got to the lower right hand one and saw that these were more of Mark’s personal stuff until a file name caught her eye. It said Bobby Bryar, she grabbed the file and opened it. There in front of her was a paternity test stating Bob wasn’t the father but the second subject Jim Bryar was. She grabbed the test results from the folder and threw the folder back in the drawer slamming it never hearing the door open. She pushed the chair out and turned it toward the door and there was Mark.

“You really shouldn’t go into people’s private business. So how do I punish you?”

Madison thought she knew what was coming next and closed her eyes for the impact. There was an impact alright around her throat. She opened her eyes seeing Mark smiling. She couldn’t breath, and was starting to gasp for air. He let go and through her on to a leather couch. He put one hand around her throat and the other was ripping her clothes off.

“That’s look I’ve been fucking waiting for. The look you gave Brad while he had his way with you. The look your father gave me right before I shot him.”

While still holding her throat Mark undid his pants and shoved them and his boxers past his knees. He had both hands around her throat as he plunged into her. She was gasping for air so she couldn’t scream for help. He finally let go when he screamed ‘FUCK’ and came inside of her.

“That’s how I want to fuck you from now on bitch. Just where were you going with that information. Running off to tell Bob in hopes of breaking up his happy family? He doesn’t want you, you fucking slut. Besides you go anywhere near him I’ll get rid of the evidence.”

“He can go to another paternity testing center.”

“Not that evidence,” smile Mark evilly.

“No, not Bobby. He’s just a baby.”

“Then he was no use to society any way.”

When Mark turned to go back to pick up the papers Madison took a statue and smashed it on the back of his head. He fell to the ground unconscious and bleeding. She grabbed the papers and ran up the stairs she quickly there some clothes on and a scarf to hide the marks of the choking. She put on sunglasses to hide the bruises from yesterday. She grabbed a coat and her pocketbook before jumping in the Mercedes parked out front. She started driving and crying having no idea where to go. She knew exactly where she wanted to go but that was out of the question. Then she remembered a piece of paper that was in her pocketbook. She pulled over and found it. It was Bob’s mother’s address and phone number.

Eloise’s POV

I had just changed Bobby and was about to feed him when there was a knock on the door. I placed him in the playpen while I got the door.

“Madison?”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Bryar I had no where else to go.”

“Come in, come in,” I said. The poor thing looked awful compared to when I last saw her at her father’s memorial.

“I was just going to feed Bobby…”

“He’s here?”

“Would you like to feed him?”

“I haven’t held a baby since I was seven and that was with my stepmother’s help.”

“Take your coat off sweetheart.” I watched as she painfully took off her coat. I took her coat and put it in the closet.

“That’s a lovely scarf you best take it off unless you want it ruined.”

She shook her head no and started to cry. Soon it slipped away and revealed the red marks around her neck.

I put my arms around her and she cried into my shoulder. Unfortunately Bobby was crying too. She slowly wiped her tears.

“I probably should go,” she said.

“Bob and Ali should be out for a while, let me make you some tea and we’ll talk about it.” I instructed her to cradle her arms and then placed Bobby in them. Next I gave her a bottle. “Burp him every three ounces or else you’ll get a nasty smelling surprise.”

I looked at her and Bobby they looked so natural together. I wish she was the one that was my daughter in-law and not that tramp Ali. I came back out to get Bobby after the tea was ready but he was sound asleep in Madison’s arms. I think she was afraid to move. I took him from her arms and placed his sleeping body in the playpen. We quietly made our way out to the kitchen.

I handed her a cup of tea and spoke, “Madison did he try to kill you?”

She shook her head no. “He was trying something on me that got out of hand.” She started crying again then blurted out, “I think I killed him.”

It was then I heard a knock on the door and then Bob’s voice, “Mom I’m home.”

“He can’t know I’m here.”

I looked sympathetically at her but who knows what would happen if Ali knew she was here.

“Why don’t you go upstairs and stay in my room. It’s the first door on the right.”

“So Mom who’s Mercedes is parked out front?”

“Where’s Ali?”

“She went to meet some of the mothers from her Mommy and me class.”

“She had no where else to go Bob.”

“She has a husband to go to.”

“Maybe, maybe not. She thinks she might have killed him.”

“What?”

“I think he beat her, raped her and maybe tried to kill her.”

“Is she okay?”

“Is anyone every okay after that?”

“Fuck, can you watch Bobby for a little while longer?”

“Where are you going?”

“To Kenilworth, I’m gonna check to see if the bastard is dead or alive. If he’s alive I’m gonna make sure he never touches another hair on her head.”

He gave his son a kiss on the forehead and me a hug. “What do I tell Madison?”

“That I’m going to keep my promise.”

Madison’s POV

When I laid upstairs I closed my eyes for a few minutes and suddenly fifteen minutes went by. I ran to the window and Bob’s car was gone that was good. When I got there Eloise was in the living room watching television quietly.

“Bob go home?”

“No,” she looked at me. “He said he was going to keep his promise.”

I knew exactly what promise he meant. I flew out of the house and into my car, screeching my tires as I went. The drive seemed to take forever. When I got there everything was quiet and dark but sure enough there was Bob’s car. I ran in the front door and started looking around. I opened the door and the sight caught my breath, my husband laid still in a pool of blood with Bob standing over him holding a gun.
Sign up to rate and review this story