Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

The Good Mom

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

It's the day of the memorial service and Madison and Bob are dealing with their thoughts, and Ali with something else.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-08-16 - Updated: 2008-08-16 - 1462 words - Complete

1Exciting
Madison sat there trying to blame Mark, but he called shortly after the official from Jamaica did. He was still in London and leaving on the first flight out to New York, then taking a cab to LaGuardia to catch a flight into Chicago. He should be arriving around nine fifteen. She called the offices that he was visiting and they said it was supposed to be a dinner meeting but due to her father’s missing plane he decided to go home. She found out what hotel he was staying at and that he checked in last night and checked out this morning. Everything fit. The plane crashed in the deepest waters of the Caribbean so they may never know what happened or find the bodies.

It was noon time and she turned on the television as she watched how the plane exploded before entering the water and knew there would be no survivors. On the news they talked about the possibilities as to why a plane would explode like that and the chances of survival. The the US would be sending down a crew from NTSB to investigate what happened. It all seem so surreal to her. She couldn’t believe that they were talking about her father, he same father that she and her sister were supposed to meeting in Tahiti tomorrow.

One week later

Madison’s POV

Elisabeth and I decided that a public memorial would be the best choice. My father had touched so many lives that it wasn’t fair to limit who could and couldn’t say good-bye to him. We chose to have the memorial service at the Art Institute of Chicago. It was one of my father’s favorite places in the world, he had donated paintings from his own collection along with millions of dollars. He loved the fact that it was also an institute of learning. If it wasn’t March and the weather was warmer maybe we would have had it at Millenium Park, but this is good. After the service the guests may walk around and enjoy the art work my father so loved. The auditorium holds 950 I just hope it’s enough.

What can I say about my husband, despite being such an ass most of the tme, he’s really come through for us. He’s left the decisions of the memorial to Elisabeth and I so we could have something that best reflected my father and made them all happen.

We hired a limo service today we wanted Verne as a guest and not an employee. He probably knew our father the best being with him since he made his first ten million.

Elisabeth has been a mess and I’m so happy Natasha, Derek and Richard are here they have been and extreme comfort for her but it’s the moments we have alone when we stop being brave that gets to me. I wish I could take back all the years when I pretended she didn’t exist because she really is a great sister.

Adam called asking if I needed anything. He’s so sweet, when he found out he called and we spent hours on the phone talking. In my heart I so wanted it to be Bob but I knew I screwed that up. But I had no choice, if it was just involved Bob and I we probably would have gotten through it, but it involved Elisabeth and I can’t risk anything happening to her. Mark sent me a very clear warning about that twice. The second time was when I went to talk to Bob after the show at Maxwell’s. He had already left because of his wrist and Frank made sure I never knew where he was and that he never wanted to see me again. He told me he knew I would hurt him and he was right I did hurt him.

Bob’s POV

I hate wearing this. Ties are too constraining for me. I can’t help but remember he last conversation I had with Bill, it was at Maddies wedding.

Flashback

“Bob?” said Wiliam.

“Hello Mr. Trenton.”

“It’s Bill. You never hurt my daughter so it’s Bill. Can I ask you what happened?”

“I don’t know, when I left for Mexico everything was fine, when I came back it wasn’t. She said she realized we weren’t meant for each other and that I couldn’t compromise and maybe in a way she was right. I just couldn’t see my self at the ballet or the opera. I would have taken her to the symphony. I guess I should have told her that. But can you picture me with my long hair and a lip ring rubbing elbows with the Chicago elite?”

“It would have given them something to talk about,” smiled William. “I’m not going to pretend to know what happened with my daughter I only know as much as I love Mark; it should be you standing there.”

“I’m married and have a son.”

“Then why are you here?”

“I wanted to make sure she’s happy.”

“Believe me she’s not, oh she puts on the fake smile for everyone so they believe she is, but I’m not fooled.”

“If I don’t see a real smile when she walks down that aisle, I’ll stop the wedding, but we’re not getting back together. I have too much at stake, I love my son more than anything in the world.”

“That’s the way it should be. A word of advice Bob, don’t get so caught up in your career that you miss out on his life. I almost did that and I’m truly sorry, I can never get that time back with them.”

Someone just then looked at William and nodded.

“I gotta go, I need to escort my daughter make the biggest mistake of her life.”

Bob gave a weak smile and snuck into the church before they shut the doors.

End of flashback

‘He was a good man,’ I thought and continued to fix my tie. The doorbell rang so I checked to see who was there and sure enough it was Mom.

I opened the door and she gave me a huge hug. “Where’s Ali and the baby?”

“Her mother wanted to see Bobby so she went for a few days.”

“She couldn’t have waited until you were back on tour?”

“It’s the anniversary of her dad’s death and she thought Bobby would cheer her up. You aren’t his only grandmother.”

“I just think while you’re home she and Bobby should spend all their time with you.”

“Mom they do, except for the few hours a day she takes him to their Mommy and me classes and their walks. Every other moment is spent together. She’s a good mom and I think this time it’s going to work. No I know this time it’s going to work.”

Third person POV

In another part of Chicago

In a distant room the cries of a four month old can be heard, “I’ll get him,” smiled Jim as he got out of bed.

James walked to the end of the hall to the nursery.

“Hey baby, dada’s here.”

He picked up the child who stopped crying instantly.

“Are you hungry big boy? I bet you are. Mommy will make sure you’re nice and full.”

Jim carried Bobby to Ali who was still naked from having sex for the first time since having Bobby.

Jim handed Bobby to Ali she placed him up to her breast and positioned her nipple so he could find it. He latched on and started sucking.

“I missed you guys so much last weekend,” said Jim softly stroking Bobby’s blonde hair.

“We missed you too,” smiled Ali as he looked into his eyes.

“I feel bad for my cousin he’s going to be devastated once he finds out Bobby’s not his and you two aren’t legally married.”

“Going soft are you?”

“A little, this guy does it to me. I love him so much and I just want us to be together, but I know how much it would kill me it you two were taken away from me.”

“Don’t worry it will all be over soon, the old man is gone. Then it will be time to get rid of the brat and the bitch. We’ll get our cut and the three of us live happily ever after.”

Jim smiled at Bobby and Ali but knew in his heart he truly hated the plan.
Sign up to rate and review this story