Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Sweet Lullaby

Unexpected Visit

by MeliJNightly 0 reviews

“She’s my daughter…pretty lil’ thing ain’t she?” When the war ends the pilots try to start a normal life but then tragedy comes making Heero disappear. A few years later Duo finds him t...

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Duo,Heero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-17 - Updated: 2008-08-18 - 1761 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Gundam Wing only Heero /lawyers with big suitcases show up/ Just KIDDING! Don't sue me! I don't have a dime, well yeah a dime maybe, but not enough to own Gundam Wing, and no profit comes from these fics except for all the lovely reviews //hint hint//. I do own any other character that doesn't appear in GW but does appear in this fic.

Summary: After the Endless Waltz, peace is finally gained. But Heero and the rest of the pilots will learn that war is not the only hard thing to deal with...and that in the game of life you can win but you can also lose. Will they learn to trust? What other tragedies will come their way? Will they be able to endure it?


SWEET LULLABY

Chapter 1: Unexpected Visit

He pointed the gun at his head, his mind telling him to do it, to pull the goddamn trigger. There was part of him that couldn't...that didn't let him. /:Now/ I can't even kill myself how pathetic:

The thought of one of his fellow partners dying haunted him every day, that's why he decided to live far away from the rest of the gundam pilots. He didn't know what had become of them.

He figured that Trowa would still be working at the circus, Wufei probably had joined the Preventers ...Duo his /'friend' /that's what Duo called himself without even letting the cold pilot have a say about it. But indeed he was his friend well at least he tried, but the cobalt blue eyed boy never let him through, he almost did, Duo thought he had finally broken into his cold hearted shell but then something horrible happened that did change the course of the pilots lives.

Working at a well known worldwide computer company wasn't fulfilling at all, he took a mission with the preventers here and there, incognito. He asked lady Une not to mention that he was doing certain missions to anyone, lady Une agreed and respected his privacy. But his life wasn't worth much or at least that's what he thought.

He sat there staring at his gun, his eyes cold and empty, just like his heart felt. He thought about everything, his life, what he had accomplished so far, the decisions he had made, but still it made no difference...he felt more inhuman each time he tried to be normal. /:Normal.hn//...what is normal anyway?:/

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a sing-song knock, :Is/ it here? No... no one ever visits me...: /He waited it out. But then knock..knock knock knock... knock knock. He slowly got up of his seat and mentally noticed that the knock seemed playful, but no less dangerous he thought. He slid his back to the door, gun up to his face, hand ready to open the door.

As he fiercely opened the door he pointed the gun at whoever was at the other side of it.

"Hey... hey chill Hee-chan... it's me your ol' pal Duo, you forgot about me already?"

Heero couldn't believe his eyes, right in front of him stood the cheery ex-Deathscythe pilot... :But/ how?:/ How did he find him? After all the moving he did just so he could lose his tracks and still he managed to find him, the only person who probably knew his whereabouts was... :Note to self eliminate lady Une's computer...and possibly her too:. All of the sudden he noticed a tiny person grabbing Duo's leg, probably scared her off when he pointed the gun at Duo. The shinigaminoticed Heero's eyes go straight to the little girl that looked no older then 6, chestnut brown wavy hair like Duo's without the braid.

"This is Maisha..." Duo pushed the young girl lightly on the back and motioned her to Heero, "baby say hi, to your uncle Heero!"

Heero's eyes widened when he heard this.

Little Maisha curtsied ,"Pleased to meet you", the cold pilot didn't know what to say or do.

:UNCLE?? Is this...Duo's:

"She's my daughter...preety lil' thing ain't she?"

"Hn..." is all he could say. The little girl tugged on Duo's shirt and motioned him to lower as if to whisper something in his ear, but like any kid her age her whisper wasn't much of a whisper...

"Daddy, is Uncle Heero mute..."Duo chuckled, Heero didn't seem amused.

"No darling he's just...grumpy... and well are you going to keep us in the hallway all day?" he said sarcastically.

He didn't feel like talking but knowing Duo he knew that he would be coming back over and over, and in some way he felt part of his loneliness disappear, even if he didn't notice he was /happy /to see him again.

"Nice place..." Duo said as he entered the apartment, it looked gloomy, and very Heero's style, a table, laptop, the kitchen was very nice he figured it came like that already, kind of big for just Heero's use, some rooms in the first floor which he figured were empty and it there seemed to be more rooms on the second floor.

"Thank you," he replied coldly.

"Damn it Hee-chan, you'd think that after 7 years you would at least show an insignificant amount of emotion /sigh/... but of course... you're the perfect soldier, why do I even bother..." Heero saw the frustration that Duo was showing, he was right he did feel something, all the memories of the five of them being together were coming back, and the incident, the damn incident that should've never happened.

"What do you want Duo?" His cobalt eyes filled with indifference.

The braided pilot out of nowhere pulled Heero towards him for a hug; he stood there dumbfounded of this sudden show of affection. It didn't take long for him to react, Duo's back was slammed not harshly to the wall.

Maisha's eyes widened with worry, "DADDY! Are you okay? Why did you do that for he was just-"

"Sweetheart it's okay..." he expected that from Heero, in fact he expected a much harder hit, "I deserved it, you're uncle isn't used to hugs or kisses."

Heero somewhat found that hurtful but managed to disguise it in his usual monotonous self.

"Hn. What do you want DUO?" He repeated without showing his irritation.

The little girl couldn't believe how mean he was; how cold, even for her age she could tell that he had never felt any kind of love or affection.

"Mai honey, could you please go watch T.V I have to discuss grownup stuff with your uncle okay?"

She didn't seem to budge at her father's request, she was afraid to leave him with this uncaring mean person. Or at least that were her thoughts on Heero.

Heero looked at the child with curiosity, "You can go watch in the living room." The girl gave him an innocent like warn full look, Heero dismissed it realizing she was only a child.

Maisha did as she was told and headed for the living room and watched whatever caught her eye, Duo and Heero headed to the kitchen which was pretty far away from where she was being entertained.

"She's not like you..." Heero said out of nowhere.

"What?"

"The girl... she's not hyperactive like you or as annoying-"

"HEY!! I'm going to resent that you know?!" Duo grinned; finally Heero said something other than his usual 'hn'. But then his grin turned into a frown as he looked over to the direction where his daughter was. He sat down in the metallic stool that stood next to the breakfast like bar table.

"Heero..." he didn't know how to say it, pain came over his heart making it hard to find the words, "Faye died."

It struck Heero like a storm, how did he not know about this?

Duo remained silent for a while, tears starting to form in his beautiful violet eyes, which seemed to have lost its shine. The perfect soldier wanted to console him, but he never had consoled anyone before; so he stood there watching his /friend /cry until the only thing that occurred to him to do was put his hand over his shoulder. That was more than enough for Duo, beneath his tears and sobs he smiled, it was a small smile, but it was after all a smile.

"When did this happen?" Heero asked with an almost sad pitch in his voice.

"Two weeks ago, the funeral was nice, Trowa was there, Wufeicame by later from one of his missions... Faye would've liked it if you were there."

It felt like a slap on the face. Trowaand Wufei were at the funeral and he didn't even know that this tragedy had happened. He felt even more miserable and low. He remembered Faye and the day Duo decided to make Heero the best-man in their wedding.

:FLASHBACK:

"Please Heero, you will make a great best-man!" Faye said with big puppy eyes. She was very pretty, brunette long straight hair, green eyes and not taller than Duo. He had grown to like her in a brotherly way and was happy that Duo was...well happier than usual.

"Why me? Why not Quatre... he's the one that's letting you use his mansion for the wedding and making all the arrangements."

Quatre came in the room with his usual warm smile, "because, we all agreed you were the best choice. It's true we all pitched in, I gave my mansion, Trowa the entertainment and Wufei is actually preparing some kind of surprise, he didn't want to mention what but I expect is going to be interesting. So you see Heero, you can be the best-man since all of us pretty much have our hands full."

He made a research about best man's and what they're duties were, for him /missions/. Heero didn't know what to say, he figured from his research that the best-man had to be like a real close /friend/someone of importance to the person he was being best-man for. He didn't feel up to it. But then again he never backed down in a mission.

"Soooo Hee-chan, will you be my best man?" Duo said with a cheery smile.

"Guys could you let me have a minute with Heero please?" Faye asked.

"I KNEW IT....I KNEW YOU WOULD END UP LEAVING ME FOR HEERO!!WHY? Its cause of his death glare right?" Duo said in a dramatic tone that could've put down any Shakespeare actor, Faye laughed at her fianc
Sign up to rate and review this story