Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wait, Brendon Urie, He's Adopting Me?

Hi?

by panic_at_the_disco 0 reviews

A girl, Leigh and her younger twin sisters, lose their parents in a fatal car crash, and get adopted by the famous, Brendon Urie.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-08-18 - Updated: 2008-08-18 - 2128 words - Complete

-1Cliche
"Hello my name is Leigh Boswell. I'm currently 13, going on 14 this upcoming November. I enjoy skateboarding and alternative rock music. I attend Thomas Jefferson Military Academy. For those who are unaware of what that is it's military school. I'm a well rounded child and my grade point average is 3.98. I accustom to new surroundings easily. I also can't be separated by my 2 younger sisters. I'm being held up for adoption because my parents were killed in an automobile accident by 5 teenage alcoholics. Please don't go all goo-goo gaga over me because I deal. As you may already see I'm not too emotional. I may not be fearless but close to it. Well thank you for taking your time reading this and for those who are considering adopting me thank you."

That's what I wrote as my description on the adoption papers. I remember when the police officer came up to me exactly a week ago last Wednesday morning. My parents were off to my aunt's funeral, and my sisters and I were home alone. I thought we were in trouble for being home without a guardian, but the truth was too good to be true.

At that moment when the police officer said calmly, "You're parents have just been killed in a terrible car crash," I was crying hysterically. Then was when I realized that my sisters were the only living relatives I had left that live in the United States. My only aunt just died because of Cancer. I had relatives in Spain, but I can't live there. Sure was top in my Spanish class, but thats just basic stuff. If I have to go to school there I'd be the dumbest person alive. Knowing me, I hate being singled out, and being considered not smart. Geez I get pissed when I got a B+ on a report card.

The next morning was when the police took us to the seen of the tragedy. Oh God, why does this have to happen to me?

I walked around the site, it wasn't pretty. My baby sisters were crying, and couldn't take it anymore. I also had tears running down my pale face. It was too much for me to absorb in such a short times notice. I had to leave the scene. My sisters as much as I did wanted to leave. My poor sisters begged the officer to drive us home. I'm assuming he was a sucker towards little kids because he did, and during the ride home we said nothing.

Once we got home a lady from the adoption center was sitting on our door step. She followed us in as I offered to make her some decaffeinated coffee. The lady's name was Susan Owen.

"If you children aren't taken in by a family in two weeks time you're going to be forced to live in the orphanage on the other side of town," Susan said. I knew a few kids who actually lived in an orphanage and they say it's not all too bad.

"Well," I began, "do you know anyone who has offered to adopt us?"

"I was hoping you'd ask," she winked, "There are 3 families and a single parent who have thought of adopting you."

"May we see pictures?" I asked kindly.

"Well regardless of the pictures, you still don't get to choose who adopts you," Susan said. I thought I would like her, but I don't like her anymore.

"So how do you choose who adopts us?" I responded quite furiously.

"Well of those four people we choose whom you'd probably fit more comfortable with," she said rapidly without taking a single breath. I personally think she memorized that line because she says it to so many kids.

"So when are you choosing?" I asked curiously. I can't stop asking questions.

"Today," she said.

"Right now," I asked.

"Yes," Susan said. The cop was still standing by our sides making sure we'd get accepted into some family.

She took about 15 minutes to read through the papers, when she finally picked up one.

Let's fast forward this 2 weeks.

Brendon's POV

"Dude are you sure you're ready for kids?" Ryan asked me.

"My mom says I need to take more responsibility, and act more mature, and besides how can 3 little girls ruin our lives?" I said casually.

"For one thing B-den look at their caricature," Ryan told me.

"Nice, you used the word from 'Build'" I said.

"Yeah, now just read the damn description, idiot," Ryan yelled this time.

"Fine," I picked up the adoption papers and, "Shit."

"You see what I mean?" Ryan asked me with his innocent little smirk on his face.

"Yeah, a 13 year old girl with a high IQ than me," I said frowning.

"Keep reading," he said. Oh this will be great.

"Great and 2 little sisters aged 7," I simply said, "Did you forget about out songs?" Ryan implied "They won't work when they're around. Seven year olds can't listen to this!"

"My mom would be willing to watch them, while we practice," I said cheerfully.

"And a teenager, she's going to get ideas! Very bad ideas!" Ryan screamed into my sensitive ear.

"It's not like she doesn't know what these things mean, and I don't think she's the type of girl who plans on losing her virginity at the age of 13!" I said powerfully.

"We don't know that for sure," Ryan sighed, "Besides how old were you?"

"That's not the point things have changed!" I said trying not to lead him on.

"Not many things have changed in the past 7 years, Brendon!" he said.

"This is not good, not good at all," Ryan said.

"It's a great idea, and besides can't you be more grown up about this. Look these girls right here in the picture, yeah they're parents died in a car crash, from some stupid 18 year olds who think its cool to drink and drive," I said trying to defend these poor girls.

"I know how it feels to not have a parent around, at there age, so I kind of feel bad," Ryan said.

"Yeah, read the 8th sentence," I said.

"Don't go all goo-goo gaga on me, I got it, but still, for their sake, I think it's nice that you're doing this," Ryan said.

"Yeah, I'm glad I changed your point of view," I said smiling.

"Ew Urie don't give me that smile, you look gay," Ryan said.

"You have a sick mind there," I said.

"Yeah, imagine what the teenager is going to think of our songs," He said.

"Oh my God, I'm not even thinking about that," I replied.

Leigh's POV

We were packed and ready for our flight tomorrow. My sisters were well asleep in their own bedrooms. I had everything arranged in a neat pile in the corner of my room.

Our house was so stupendous it was sold in a week. My dad worked on it a lot while I was growing up. He just recently finished the bathroom which took an awfully long time to create. Most of our things were put into a warehouse for safe keeping, and others were sold at a recently held garage sale.

So we were all ready for our flight to Las Vegas. I don't know whose adopting us, but all I know is that his name is Brendon Urie, he's a single parent, has an apartment near his house where his parents live, and is in a punk-rock band. He's my type of person. I love Punk-Rock music. But strangely he can't pick us up from the gates himself. We have to look for a tall African-American man, named Bruno to escort us to Brendon, and some other guy named Ryan Ross. They both seemed like decent people.

DIARY ENTRY

August 7, 2007

Today is my last day in Hackensack. I've lived in New Jersey all my life and I planned on staying here too. I guess Las Vegas won't be too bad. Gosh, why was I put to suffer I like this. Why do I have to go through this? Can't any other kid have a sucky life like the one I'm living? I'm sure Kaitlyn deserves this not me. I do everything normal. When I was sent to military school, I didnt complain. I get straight A's. I'm on the honor roll. Im in pre-algebra already. This sucks! Brendon Urie better appreciate me because if he doesn't I'm going to rip his things off! I'm going to miss all my friends. I haven't told them, and Im not going to tell them. I'll just sign onto aim tomorrow on the airplane ride, while my sisters sleep, and explain to them what happened. I wonder if he's going to pay my cell phone bill? Well if he was a real man he would. Tomorrow I have to wake my sisters up at 5 A.M. so we can get to our flight in Newark Airport by 7:30. I have to be up for the challenge. My sisters will be sleeping for the entire 6 hour flight.

August 8, 2007
4:30 A.M.


I woke up early so I can get a head start on some food, and cleaning away everything for the movers. In half an hour I had to wake up the twinsters. What would I do without them? Lily and Josie are my life. End of Story.

"Josie, wake up, you can sleep later, let me get you dressed, so we go to the airport," I said, while putting on her clothes.

"I'm going to go pee, and brush my teeth," Lily yelled from her room.

"Okay hurry up, we have to leave in 45 minutes, and we still haven't had breakfast," I called to Josie.

We were out the door in half an hour, waiting for our cab driver. We got to the airport at 6:30. We told someone to help us get around considering our situation. We boarded the airplane at 7:00. I had to wait half and hour more, for everyone to be seated and actually go onto the computer. My sisters fell asleep as soon as they chose their seats.

Finally everyone had their seats, and I got onto the computer. I saw about 3 of my 4 best friends online. I joined all of them into a single chat room.

Leigh Likes U 2: Guys, I've been hidin something
Brunettegirly93: How bad can it be Le?
Angels4ever: Yea?
Leigh Likes U 2: pretty bad.
This or That94: geez Leigh just spill it!
Leigh Likes U 2: My parents died in a car crash and now I'm being adopted and I'm on a plane to Las Vegas to live with my adopter
Brunettegirly93: This is stupid really what did you do, light a balloon on fire and fed it to your sisters?
Leigh Likes U 2: I shouldn't of told, I knew you'd freak out like this! I'm dead serious. I'm on the freaking plane rite now!
This or That94: umm okay, who's adopting you?
Leigh Likes U 2: some dude Brendon Urie.
Angels4ever: yeah rite and I'm meeting Christina Aguilera
Leigh Likes U 2: How is that so hard to believe some dude is adopting me
Brunettegirly93: Cuz, he's special he's Brendon Urie! He's in the best band ever PANIC! AT THE DISCO DUHH!!!!
Leigh Likes U 2: I'm signing off I can't take anymore of your crap.
This or That94: You'll see what we mean later love. Just don't be shocked when you see that he's a rock star.

I signed off learning my adopter is a rock star. It's great to know. The flight was almost over. I had time to research him. Brendon Boyd Urie. What a great name. April 12, and some other stuff. Apparently he plays a jillion instruments and sings. I want to hear some of this music. I logged onto You Tube and saw some of their music. They were pretty talented. I thought I saw someone in the band that looked familiar but I'm just tired it was probably some guy who looked like someone I know.

At 1 p.m. we got off the plane. I've never been to Las Vegas and it was a new environment. I saw an African American guy who was tall. I asked if his name was Bruno, and it was.

"Leigh, Josie, and Lily I suppose?" Bruno asked.

"Why yes," I said.

We went to the luggage center and picked up our luggage. Bruno escorted us to the front of the Airport where I saw lights flashing everywhere.

Then I heard Bruno scream, "Run!"

We did as we were told and hopped into a limo Bruno pushed us into. I saw to guys about 20 in the back seats.

"Hi, Leigh, Josie, and Lily," one guy said, "I'm Brendon."

"Hi," we said simultaneously.

Oh Dear God please help me.
Sign up to rate and review this story