Categories > Anime/Manga > s-CRY-ed > His Promise

The Fight Within Himself

by anicka 0 reviews

Ryuhou makes a promise to Scheris to protect her. This promise brings them closer than ever before. Ryuhou/Scheris (Episode 24 spoiler in first chapter)

Category: s-CRY-ed - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ryuhou Ryu, Scheris Adjani, Straight Cougar - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-03-04 - Updated: 2006-03-04 - 1328 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not owned Scryed.

She paced back in forth a few times then decided. She turned the corner and headed toward Ryuhou's room. 'Yeah, this is it, Scheris. It's time to do what you know you have to do. You have to tell him. It's time for him to know. It's time for you to know. I can do this. I know I can.'

--

Scheris continued to walk down the hall, and as soon as she reached Ryuhou's room, Ryuhou stepped out.

Ryuhou turned his head to the side and saw Scheris. "Let's go."

Scheris asked, "To where? Did you get an order from Commander Sigmar?"

"Yes, I supposed that you got it as well. You were after all standing right outside my door."

"Uh, yeah. Alright, then! Let's go!"

Scheris followed Ryuhou down the rest of the hallway and then the elevator where they got off at the ground floor. Cougar was waiting for them on the steps outside, his car parked right in the middle of the road.

"He's taking us?" Scheris looked up at Ryuhou.

"Yes. Is there a problem," Ryuhou replied looking straight ahead.

"No, I just--Oh, never mind."

Ryuhou glanced over at Scheris. He wondered whether she was still angry with him or not. She did not seem to be, but that did not mean anything. 'Maybe she shouldn't be coming with us. I don't know what's going to happen with that native altar. He's out there, and Commander Sigmar gave me the go ahead, but I just don't know about Scheris. He might not even be there, and if he isn't-- Don't think about that Ryuhou. Everything will be fine. She'll be fine.'

--Flashback -- Ryuhou's POV

I walked into Commander Sigmar's office to ask him permission to go after this one native altar. He is, after all, very dangerous. Almost as dangerous as Kazuma, but Kazuma will never defeat me. This man, Sato Ken'ichi, I can defeat. I know I can.

"Ryuhou?"

"Yes, sir," I replied.

Sigmar looked at Ryuhou very seriously and said, "You want to go after that native altar. Sato, correct?"

"Yes, sir. He must be detained. I can do the job."

"I see no problem with it, but what about Kazuma?"

I knew my eyes were fierce at that very moment, but I didn't yell out. "After he got away that last time, we no longer have any idea where he could be. I have not given up, and I will never until I defeat him."

Sigmar smiled. "You are very determined, Ryuhou. You're a good man. I give you full authority over this operation. You may take Cougar with you and Scheris."

"What about Urizane," I asked.

"He's busy at the moment. Him and Elion are working on a special project."

"Yes, I see. Very well. Thank you, Commander." I saluted him with the HOLY salute and then walked out the door.

'I think I'll go back to my room to get a few things that I may need. I'll contact Cougar as well.'


--End Flashback--


Cougar took off, and neither Ryuhou nor Scheris were ready for it. The way he drove could make a person sick. While he drove he rambled about culture. Ryuhou and Scheris really weren't listening to him because they had other things on their mind.

Scheris could only think about Ryuhou. She did not care about the mission. She did not even know what the mission was yet. 'That's right! Ryuhou never told me!'

"Ryuhou?"

"What is it?" His voice was calm and almost cold.

'Why is he angry? Of course!' Scheris mentally slapped herself. 'The way you talked to him back at headquarters. Wouldn't you be mad at you, too?"

"I asked, 'What is it?'" Ryuhou was beginning to get impatient. With Cougar's rambling and him thinking about Sato and also about Scheris. He suddenly got angry. He could not control himself. He wanted just to punch something; anything! "Cougar! Stop! Just drive!"

Cougar looked hurt. He knew that Ryuhou got like this every once in awhile, but this time, he was really worked up.

Scheris looked down at her feet. "Forget I said anything," she replied quietly to Ryuhou.

Ryuhou was angry, but why did he take it out on other people? It was himself he was angry at. It seemed as if everything were his fault. His mother, Mimori, Kazuma-- It was all his fault. If he could have protected his mother, if he could have been with Mimori, if he never would have turned on that switch inside of Kazuma-- 'My fault. Everything is my fault. It's all my fault!'

He was struggling with himself, but he did not know what to do. He was scared to tell anyone or even let anyone know about it by accidentally giving it away. He worked out hard in the gym at HOLY to get stronger. He punched the punching bags to get rid of his anger. He did everything he could to not let it show outside of that room.

They had finally reached their destination in one hour and twenty-eight minutes. Cougar had to let everyone know how fast he was. He always wanted to be faster. He wanted to cut time in half.

Ryuhou and Scheris stood there watching Cougar praise himself. Cougar stopped talking finally, and a sound was heard. Ryuhou turned around to see what it was, but whatever it was had disappeared.

"Ryuhou? I-- um-- well I--," Scheris was stuttering. She did not know what to say to him, but she needed to hear his voice. She did not have to ask anymore about what their assignment was. She knew, and she really did not want to be there. 'At least I have Ryuhou.'

"What do you want now," Ryuhou asked with anger in his tone.

"I just wanted to ask you something, but it can wait."

Two chunks of land around the three HOLY members disappeared. Scheris looked around Ryuhou and saw Zetsuei. She sighed a sigh that was quiet and almost lonely. Only she could hear it. It was the sigh of her heart. Her heart longed for Ryuhou's, but for now, that was out of its reach.

"Stay here."

Scheris looked up and noticed that Ryuhou was walking away, Zetsuei by his side.

When he was out of site, she told Cougar that she was going to look around a little to see if she could find anything. He nodded his head, then she took off.

She did not know where she was going. One thing she did know was that she wanted to be with Ryuhou.

She noticed, after awhile, that the place she had wandered into looked familiar. Then, she got it. She finally knew where she was going. Her heart had known where it was leading her all along.

--

Ryuhou kept walking, with Zetsuei by his side, for any signs of destruction. Where there was destruction, he was sure to find Sato. Sato was rumored to be in this area at this certain time. He was supposed to be fighting in an altar duel. Ryuhou planned on catching him then with the other natives, of course.

He suddenly got a bad feeling. It was a feeling that he hadn't felt in a long time. Someone was crying. 'Why? What happened? Are you alright? Why are you crying?' He had to know.

He decided to contact Cougar to see how their end was holding up. When Cougar answered he told Ryuhou about Scheris.

"She went off by herself about an hour ago and still hasn't come back."

"She what? Why didn't you stop her?" Ryuhou replied sharply.

"Do you think I could have stopped her. She's stubborn like that," Cougar said.

"Why don't you go look for her?"

"I am looking for her! I don't see her anywhere."

Ryuhou eyes went from their coldness to shocked. 'She ran off. She ran off because of me! No! Scheris!'
Sign up to rate and review this story