Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Fractured Fairytale

Dinner with 6

by XxXDamienXxX 0 reviews

Category: Slipknot - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-08-23 - Updated: 2008-08-24 - 1323 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Joey moved into Corey’s house temporarily so he could help Shay round the clock. As he and Shay got closer he started to wish he’d had someone while he was going through this, sure Corey had been there but not like he was trying to be there for Shay. Joey walked up the stairs and into Shay’s room; he opened the curtains and walked back over to her bed. “Get up hon” he said quietly but forcefully. He knew the drill from the clinic; wake up, exercise, eat, sleep if needed, group, free time, eat, half hour walk, bed. She slowly sat up; having little to no muscle it was hard to do things. He handed her a bathing suit and helped her into the bathroom, he paced the length of her room waiting for her to come out. The door opened and Joey’s head snapped up, she was worse than he thought

Image!

Joey cringed as he looked over her body, you could see every bone pushing out of her skin. He took a deep breath and wrapped a towel around her body; he didn’t think Corey needed to see her like this. They slowly made their way down the stairs and out side to the pool. He stripped him self of his shirt, sure he was still skinny as shit but he was healthy skinny not like her, he helped her slowly get into the pool. They spent most of the day in the pool doing random shit.

Joey’s POV

I couldn’t believe how long she lasted in the pool, I mean she already slept most of the time how could she spend a good 4 hours in a pool doing physical shit. Corey came out a few times to watch her and I, but never seemed to stay long I knew it hurt him to see his baby sister like this… I mean it hurt me to see her like this and I’ve only know her for a few weeks though in those few I’d helped her gain 25 pounds. I knew she wasn’t happy about it but I told her that I’d gone through the same thing and that she’d get used to the weight eventually. She seemed to take comfort in that and I wasn’t about to take it away from her in telling her he’d relapsed 8 or 9 times before getting to where I am. We finally got out of the pool when she began complaining she was tired. I helped her out and handed her a towel, it looked monstrous around her fragile body. I wondered if that how I looked a year ago; I’ll have to ask Corey about that. I helped her back into the house and up to her room, and pulled clothes out of her drawers and laid them on her bed I helped her into the bathroom and into the shower so she could wash off the chlorine that covered her skin. Once she was done I helped her into her clothes and back to her bed. She lay down as I sit beside her, I ran my hand through her wet crimson hair “What do you want to eat when I wake you up?” I already knew the answer but I asked anyway.

“Umm Spaghetti” she said smiling, my jaw dropped she actually wanted food, I shook my head slightly

“o-ok” I stuttered, I kissed her forehead and got up.

“Joey”

“Yah” I turned to her

“Thanks for helping me with this. You’ve helped me more in a few weeks then the clinic helped me in 3 years”

“No problem babe, I know how it feels so I just want to see you through this” she smiled at me and closed her eyes. I walked downstairs and found Corey in the living room; I flopped down on the couch beside him.

“How is she?”

“Making progress; she’s gained 25 pounds and just asked for food”

“Really” he asked, his voice was filled with excitement

“Yah. Do you know how to make spaghetti?”

“No”

“Damn, I’ll call the guys and see if they can”

“Alright”


Corey soon found him self sitting in his living room with Shawn, while Shawn’s wife Chantel and Joey were in the kitchen making dinner for Shay. It was the quietest the two friends had ever been together. Shawn suddenly broke the silence “I’m sorry about you parents man. That’s gotta be harsh”

“Would have happened sooner or later…just happened sooner than I thought it would” he said sadly. Suddenly the sound of 4 tiny feet came running in from out side

“Uncle Corey!” the oldest of Shawn’s kids yelled

“Yes Alex” he said picking her up and putting her on his knee

“Can we go in your pool?” she asked boldly

“Sure, as long as mommy and daddy say it’s ok” he said looking at her, she pouted then looked towards her father

“Please daddy”

“Yah daddy” Corey added smiling. Shawn sighed looking at his friend and rolled his eyes

“Fine go” Shawn sighed. The girls squealed and ran back out side. Corey looked up just in time to see Shay struggling to walk down the stairs; he jumped up and walked over to her. Shawn watched his friend confused, but quickly understood when he saw the young woman on the stairs. Corey held his hand out for her to take so he could help her but she politely refused stating she wanted to do it on her own. Corey obliged and stepped back watching her carefully as she stumbled a few times then caught her self. She slowly made her way over to a chair in front of the couch where he and Shawn had made themselves at home. She sat down and looked towards Shawn; he cautiously made eye contact with her, not wanting to make it look like he was slightly afraid for her just sitting there.

“Shay this is Shawn. Shawn this is my little sister Shaena” Shawn stood and shook her hand gently he was terrified of hurting her as she was so small. “Want a drink Shay?”

“Sure” she said, Shawn was surprised at how quiet her voice was. How could she be related to Corey? He thought. Corey walked into the kitchen and found Chantel trying to teach Joey how to make spaghetti step by step.

“What’s up Corey?” Joey asked, never looking up from the pot he was told to watch.

“Nothing getting Shay a drink” he said opening the fridge.

Joey’s POV

My heart skipped, I don’t know why but hearing Shay was awake made me suddenly very nervous. “Hey, Chantel this should be ok right?”

“What do you mean Joe?”

“I mean just sitting here, you could come meet Shay”

“Should be fine”

“Living room” Corey said as me and Chantel made our way out of the kitchen. I found Shay sitting in a chair in the living room chatting with Shawn about something; she looked tiny compared to the chair, plus the short shorts and tank did nothing to make her look bigger. I sat on the arm of the chair and leaned on the back, she looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back at her and kept words I wanted to say held back. Corey came in with her drink and handed it to her. Chantel had seated herself beside Shawn

“Shay, this is Chantel. Chantel this is Shaena” I said as the women nodded towards “We should probably get back to dinner” I suggested, I stood up not really wanting to leave Shay’s side

“Could I help?” Shay suddenly asked, I looked towards Chantel

“Of course the more hands the faster things get done” she said smiling. Shay got up and started towards the kitchen

to be continued.......
Sign up to rate and review this story