Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

Rachel vs Holloway

by Moonshyne 5 reviews

Madison is questioned

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-08-23 - Updated: 2008-08-24 - 1332 words - Complete

1Exciting
Madison’s POV

I sat in what they perceived as a cell in the Kenilworth police station. They were very nice when they processed me as they said they never had a celebrity in their holding cell. Great I can see the tabloids now. ‘Billionaire Heiress Jailed for Murder’ I can’t help but wonder what my father would think, better yet what would he do.

They let me make my phone call I called Elisabeth who blasted me for speaking to the police without an attorney. We all know what she wants to be, a lawyer. I didn’t tell her that I found Bob with the gun, I wanted to leave him out of this as much as possible. Honestly I don’t even know if he didn’t pull the trigger. I just can’t beat the thought of him in prison.

They took me out of the holding cell and placed me in a room with a small table and two chairs. Tears rolled down my eyes I can only imagine what they’re going to ask? I laid my head on the table and waited and cried. But not one tear was for my dead husband. I cried because I’ll never be with Bob again, I cried because I’d never see my sister freely, and I would never ever see my dad again.

I heard the door click and looked up, it was Detective Holloway. He looked different then I remembered him. His hair brown and short, he was tall and without his overcoat he looked muscular, like he could play football or something. His brown eyes seemed colder to me then they were earlier.

“Mrs. Gadsen you know what I hate more than anything? Let me tell you. Liars. I really, really hate liars. What do they think I’m stupid and you young lady with your crocodile tears are a liar.”

His face was right in mine.

“Your butler or whatever you call him told me that Bryar wasn’t there earlier. Was he or wasn’t he?”

Just then the door opened, “Don’t say a word Madison,” said the woman that just walked in. She looked to be in her forties. She wore a black suit and a bright pink shirt. She had blonde hair in a bob style and deep blue eyes.

“Rachel I should have known you would be here,” said Holloway.

“Mrs. Gadsen and I will be leaving now.” Then she turned to me “Hello Madison my name is Rachel Cole, Elisabeth called me.”

I started crying now how I wish I could just give my sister a huge hug.

“She’s not going anywhere until she answers my questions?”

“See that’s where you’re wrong as usual Barry. You didn’t read her her rights before she admitted to killing her husband. So the arrest isn’t legal.”

“That’s for the courts to decide. Besides she admitted it in a conversation.”

I just watched as these two strangers argued my fate.

“Is that true, Madison.”

I finally spoke, “He noticed that I had been beaten and said that woman like me get self defense verdicts.”

“That’s before I thought you killed him to be with your boyfriend.”

“What?” I said looking at Rachel incredulously.

“Bryar. Seems like these two were lovers.”

“That was months ago. I had to leave him.”

“Why?”

“Because Mark threatened to kill my sister,” I screamed. “He tried twice before I got the hint.”

“Now why would he do that?” asked Holloway.

“He wanted to marry me to get at my father’s money.”

“But that doesn’t make any sense you wouldn’t get the money unless your father dies.”

“Haven’t you read the news detective,” said Rachel, “her father died in a plane crash in the Carribean.”

“That was William Trenton. Fuck no wonder Ains whatever called you Miss Trenton.”

“But I thought that money was tied up?” asked Holloway.

“Only my father’s personal wealth is affected,” I said. The foundations and the businesses are fine.”

“Why is that?” he asked.

“My sister is eighteen and contested the will.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“You’re not serious are you?” I asked.

“Detective you’ve seen yourself what he has done to my client,” interjected Rachel.

“So you’re not protecting Bryar?”

“No.”

“Why didn’t Ainsworth see him earlier?”

“He didn’t open the door.”

“So what about the paternity test, is that why he was there?”

“No. He can’t find out about that.”

“Why not the guy has the right to know?”

“This has nothing to do with the case Detective,” said Rachel after hearing the urgency in my voice.

He kept asking the same questions over and over, about my relationship with Bob and Mark and anyone else. Did I kill Mark if so why. If not why did I lie. I have to admit that Rachel was there for me all the way.

Finally four hours later Rachel put a stop to it all. I was so tired I just wanted to go to bed. I hope Bob got out okay.

Earlier Bob’s POV

What the hell could be happening up there? It’s been three hours. I made my way up the stairs and found Ainsworth in tears and Marks dead body gone.

“What happened?”

“Miss Madison was taken away in handcuffs for Mark’s murder.”

“But she didn’t do it?”

“She told them she did out of self-defense.”

“Fuck.”

I went to leave but my car was gone. I ran back to the subbasement got in one of the cars and took off for home. I called my mom and she still had Bobby. I asked her if she could take him for the rest of the night. As I drove an hit the steering wheel wondering what the fuck was she thinking admitting to something she didn’t do.

Barry Holloway’s POV

I walked in the door and the house was dark.

“Honey you home?”

“Hey babe.”

My wife of one month gave me a huge hug and a kiss. “Thank you,” she said.

“I had to let her go. All the evidence pointed to someone else. Someone taller shot him. Someone between 5’10” and 5’11””

“Bryar?”

“Yeah you defending him too?” I asked.

“She asked me to.”

“I hate this. I took this job because we thought for sure it wouldn’t interfere with our relationship. In the almost 120 years that the village was incorporated there has only been one murder. I show up and two months later I’m facing one and you of all people have to be the defendants lawyer. Someone upstairs really hates me.

“Someone down here really loves you.” Rachel said as she kissed me.

“There are officers at his house in Downers Grove as we speak.”

“Charges?”

“Murder and rape.”

“Rape?”

“Seems he raped a young lady. We’re trying to find out who she is and once we do, will she come forward.”

“Let’s get some sleep before I get the phone call.”

“I have a feeling it’s going to be a long night.”


Bob’s POV

I started to make my way down my street but there was something not right. There was a car sitting near the in front of my house with someone in it. I drove the twenty-five miles per hour past him, luckily he was reading something and didn’t see me. I made my way to the end of the street and took a left then another left. It was then I felt my phone vibrate. I waited until I was on the highway before checking out who called. When I did it was Madison, saying she was out. That could only mean they were coming after me after finding the fingerprints on the gun. I started driving to the only place that I would feel totally safe and that was Jersey.
Sign up to rate and review this story