Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

i keep telling myself, im not the desperate type

by watch_the_sky 0 reviews

update - 8/24/08!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-08-24 - Updated: 2008-08-25 - 1532 words - Complete

0Unrated
The throbbing pain in Janelle's head was growing by the minute but she couldn't decide if it was from the pounding bass echoing through the club or the raging guilt that was rapidly building up inside of her. It was such a bad idea; probably the worst they've had yet but Janelle just couldn't find the right place to lay the blame. At first, she blamed herself for letting Ana agree with any of their suggestions but then she immediately shifted the attention to her boyfriend for even making the suggestion in the first place. Part of her even wanted to blame Alex for even having a younger brother to offer to Ana as a "date" to the New Year's Eve party that Pete was so graciously hosting, or really, to even blame Jamie Suarez for being so damn charming.

Janelle wanted desperately to blame Ana for agreeing in the first place, knowing how much that it would hurt Patrick; but the visible uneasiness was obvious in Ana's eyes as she tried to brush it all off and carry on with the night, dancing with Jamie in the middle of the dance floor. Once again it swung back to Gabe for suggesting it and to herself for letting it happen at all.

Pete was shooting the most evil glares and visual daggers their way, his shrill stare focused on her, Gabe and Alex from across the bar as she tried her hardest to avoid thinking about the heartbreak that was obvious in Patrick's eyes as he slinked away to the darkness of their private lounge. The voice of her one and only whispered quietly in her ear, just low enough for her to hear over the raging music, "It isn't our battle to fight, they aren't doing anything wrong so at least try to relax."

Chewing anxiously on the inside of her lip, Janelle followed Gabe's line of vision out to the dance floor. Jamie was very much aware that this was nothing but a friendly set up and as the Suarez boys are famous for, he was acting like nothing short of a total gentleman, all the way down to the casually friendly way his hands rested lightly on her hips as they danced together in the midst of the bustling dance floor.

"They're friends, dancing together. Didn't she and Patrick decide they were going to be "friends" too? It's one in the same, really." Gabe smirked wildly at his obvious conclusion; Janelle rolled her eyes sarcastically before he excused himself from her, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go grind on your life partner in the FRIENDLIEST way possible."

It was hard not to smile and shake her head in amusement as she watched her boyfriend slink into the crowd to steal a dance with the girl who was on nearly everyone's mind tonight; Gabe trying to prove his point in the most backward, miscalculated way. Nearly seconds after Gabe had disappeared, Pete was by her side with his arms crossed stiffly over his chest as his dark eyes surveyed the dancing bodies on the floor just below them.

"Alright dad, let's get on with the lecture." Janelle sighed, placing her drink to her lips.

"I'm not going to lecture you" Pete shrugged, "I'm just disappointed; only I'm not sure in whom yet."

"We can't be the ones to make them happy, Pete. It just isn't our place." Janelle explained as clearly as she could over the boom of the techno beat, "She's going to try to move on and as sad as it is, we're going to have to move on too."

Pete sighed an exaggerated sigh before a light smirk twitched at his lips, "Who is she trying to fool, us or herself?"

Janelle couldn't help the chuckle that followed, smirking at the insightful thoughts of Mr. Peter Wentz before offering her thought out response and shuffling off into the crowd, "I guess we'll have to wait around to find out."

For the sake of their friendship and to prove that they were in fact the best friends they claimed to be; Joe, Pete, William and Gabe all took their turns dancing with Ana as the night progressed just to prove to Patrick that Jamie wasn't really her date and that she didn't up and move on already without a proper warning. But Patrick was stubborn and refused to believe what was clearly obvious to everyone around him; instead he took a nearly permanent spot in the darkest corner of their VIP lounge where he could be out of sight and hopefully out of mind; he didn't know if he could take any more of the unwanted sympathy he was getting from his friends. It was unnerving, to say the least; he didn't need pity, he needed his heart, which was busy at the bar taking a few shots with her "date".

Across the noisy club, Ana shivered lightly before placing the glass to her lips. Roaring laughter erupted from Jamie and Gabe as the alcohol burned her throat on its way down, leaving behind a less than delicious cherry flavor on her tongue and a twisted, unpleasant expression on her face.

"Do you want anything else?" Jamie asked graciously, trying to stifle his ecstatic amusement as he nodded to the bartender, signaling for the shots to be put on his growing tab.

Ana shook her head, her lips still pursed together unhappily, "No, I'm good; but there's a cute red head a few stools down that's been undressing you with her eyes for the last 15 minutes. You should buy her a drink before her poor eyes pop right out of that pretty little head of hers."

Smirking wildly, Jamie tried his best to inconspicuously glance back at the woman in question, earning him a roaring laugh and a quick witted comment from Ana's smirking lips, "I'm having a great time and all, but I'm still not going to kiss you at midnight, regardless of how liquored up I get."

"I know" Jamie chuckled at her attempt at a light hearted joke, explaining his intentions, "I'm not trying to get you drunk so you'll kiss me, I'm trying to loosen you up so you talk to Patrick."

Frowning heavily, her displeasure regarding his hidden agenda was apparent in her eyes but she tried to keep a casually cool smile on her lips, the struggle so visible in the frown lines appearing on her forehead. "You're a good guy, but thanks but no thanks. I'm moving on and I would very much like this to be an awkward situation-free night. It's time to start the New Year off drama free."

"You're cute" Jamie smiled warmly, lightly tapping Ana's nose with his index finger before slinking away in pursuit of the red head.

Fighting to hold a smile, Ana shuffled away from the bar to the edge of the balcony where she could watch the party going on below. Laughing quietly to herself, she spotted the majority of her friends causing all sorts of trouble in the VIP area. Lost somewhere in her thoughts, Ana was too consumed on searching for the familiar face she knew she wouldn't find, to notice the body that slid next to her at the railing or the familiar voice echoing through her ears.

"It's like he's not even trying to have fun." Janelle's voice was airy and carefree, like she was trying hard to make a joke out of something that neither girl thought to be funny.

"I feel horrible, but I shouldn't." Ana's eyes wandered the crowd, her shoulders slumping with unhappiness.

"No, you shouldn't." Janelle agreed, sipping lightly on the drink in her hand.

"I feel guilty for making him miserable, but he makes me miserable every day. And to be honest, his overwhelming ability to make me miserable is the reason we're not together; it's the reason he's so unhappy, the reason I feel so guilty and the reason I feel like I have to rush to move on to get this high school drama over with."

Ana let out an exasperated breathe after her slightly agitated rant and a conversational silence immediately fell over the girls. Janelle was sipping her drink, scanning the crowd for her boyfriend, a sure fire escape route from the conversation she was about to make uncomfortable. When her eyes spotted his lanky frame leaning against the corner of the bar, she pursed her lips together before posing the comment she knew Ana didn't want to hear. "Is it also the reason why you've still got the ring on that chain around your neck?"

Ana's eyes widened in embarrassment before they narrowed in confusion and aggravation, focusing on the twitching corners of Janelle's lips. Her lips opened to spew out a comeback, some quick witted remark that would bring back her dignity in this conversation, but seconds later, they were closed again in a failed attempt at finding the right words to say. Janelle offered nothing but a quirky smirk now before shuffling off in the direction of her lover, leaving Ana stunned and annoyed as the dawn of a new year drew on.
Sign up to rate and review this story