Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Old Acquaintances

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-27 - Updated: 2008-08-27 - 1366 words

0Unrated
Chapter 16- Old Acquaintances

I smile.
“Hi Amber” I say
Evander looks over to the group of seven now emerging from the shadows. Amber has golden hair and is of average height.
“Old friends” I say to Evander.
The group avoids going into the sun as much as they can. There are four women and three men.
“It is you Annabelle” Amber says as I walk with them into a small alley.
“Yeah. How are you?” I ask staying close to Evander
“Fine” She says looking at Evander with disgust
One of the men behind I recognise as Luke is very uneasy. Luke has orange hair and has bulging muscles
“This is my friend Evander” I say introducing Evander
“May I ask why?” Lucile says from behind Amber.
Lucile has a very petite figure and has long jet black hair like mine. She was the youngest vampire by human years I have met. Lucile was only 15 when she was turned.
“Because he has earned my trust.” I reply simply
They are all still eyeing both Evander and I suspiciously.
“Are you aware he is a werewolf?” Amber asks
What a stupid question.
“Of course” I say still smiling and acting glad to see them when really I can‘t wait to be away from them.
“Sorry to cut this reunion short but we need to be going” I say
Evander smiles and turns with me heading back to the motorcycle. I already have my back towards them and I’m so close to the motorcycle.
“Wait. Why don’t we go back to your place?” Amber asks
I grimace before turning back to them with a smile.
“My house stinks of werewolf” I reply
Please just leave me alone I beg silently in my head. None of them seem to be concerned by this.
“That doesn’t matter we’ll cope” Amber says to my dismay.
I across the street I spot Drake, oh no. He hasn’t spotted us but he must be able to sense our presence. This is bad for two reasons because one, Drake never got along with Luke or the other men standing here in front of me. Reason two being that Amber has always been after him but he turned her down so she is very spiteful. Drake is no coming towards us ready to cross the street over to us. I enter his head.
“Drake don’t come over here” I say in his head
“I can handle myself” he thinks back
The others have turned and seen him, too late now.
“Drake” Lucile says warmly giving him a hug
“Lucile, Amber, Beth, Grace, Luke, Mathew and Damon” Drake greets all of them.
Beth and Grace both have long brunet hair. Mathew is actually Drake brother and they are similar in many aspects. Damon has a lean figure and jet black hair. The men simply nod but Grace and Beth hug Drake.
“Drake” Amber says displeasure in her voice.
Drake walks to stand at my left side. Evander is at my right and I have my fingers intertwined with his.
“What are you all doing?” Drake asks
“Just exploring the town” Amber replies
“Sorry but we must be off” I say walking towards the motorcycle with Evander quickly.
Drake has turned to face me with his back to the group. I am sorry to leave him alone with them.
“Don’t leave me alone with them” Drake says in my mind
“Make an excuse and follow behind us” I think back.
Drake turns back to the group.
“Well I must depart as well” Drake says
I hear Lucile object to him leaving as I speed off through the streets. Drake is following close behind us as I finally reach the road leading out of town.
“Drake” Lucile squeals happily as she jumps on his back.
Drake stops running and I speed off towards my home.

~Drake POV~

Today’s errand took longer then I had planned. As I begin to head back to the house I sense some vampires nearby. They are across the road. Most have their backs to me but I can see Annabelle and that mutt Evander. Who are the other vampires though?
“Drake don’t come over here” Annabelle’s voice says in my head
“I can handle myself” I assure her
Oh no, I know who they are. Maybe I can just slip away without them seeing me. No, they’ve seen me now.
“Drake” Lucile says warmly giving him a hug.
“Lucile, Amber, Beth, Grace, Luke, Mathew and Damon” I greet all of them
Luke, Mathew and Damon simply nod obviously still angry with what happened last century. Beth and Grace are much friendlier, they each hug me.
“Drake” Amber says with a sour tone
I walk to stand next to Annabelle she has her fingers intertwined with Evander’s fingers.
“What are you all doing?” I ask
“Just exploring the town” Amber replies
“Sorry but we must be off” Annabelle says walking towards the motorcycle with Evander quickly.
I face both of them as they get on the motorcycle. My back is to the group of vampires.
“Don’t leave me alone with them” I say in her head
“Make an excuse and follow behind us” She thinks back
“Well I must depart as well” I say hopping no one decides to follow me.
Lucile begins to object as Annabelle starts the motorcycle up and speeds off. I am quick to follow easily keeping up with Annabelle. We have just reached the road that leads out of town when I hear someone following me. I look back to see Lucile jumping onto my back.
“Drake” She squeals happily.
Annabelle drives up through the forest heading back home. I stop and Lucile gets off my back. Lucile is grinning ear to ear.
“Can I help you?” I ask
“Yes, well I wanted to talk more and since you wouldn’t stay I simply have to follow you” She replies
Lucile is very fast so I won’t be able to outrun her. She is very stubborn so she won’t turn back and return to Amber.
“Fine but you can’t let anyone know where I’m staying and you will return to Amber at midnight”
Lucile thinks for a moment.
“Fine” She agrees
I take off running again with Lucile. We weave our way through the trees eventually making it to Annabelle’s house. She laughs upon seeing the mess Annabelle considers a house.
“I know it is awful but it isn’t my house it’s Annabelle’s” I tell her
She gives a confuses look but shrugs it off. We both enter the house and I am tackled by Raven. Raven is hugging me as we both lay on the floor.
“Hi” She says.
Raven was always so energetic and enthusiastic
“Hi” I reply
Raven sees Lucile and loosens her grip on me. Lucile is now standing shyly in the doorframe.
“Lucile?” Raven asks
“Raven” Lucile remembers Raven
Raven gets off me to hug Lucile. They start chatting away about something. I walk through to Annabelle’s bedroom. Evander has his arms wrapped around her. She has her eyes closed but is still awake. I really don’t see how she can be so reckless with that stray dog.
“Annabelle, why were you talking with Amber today?” I ask
Her eyes open as I sit at the end of the bed. The room smells terrible.
“She spotted us in town and came up to me.” she replies
Amber and I have a history. She used to be really close with Vivian. Amber is a lot like Vivian so their personalities started to clash. Both Amber and Vivian were against me though about Raven. Amber shortly left Vivian and made her own coven after I left.
“Alright” I say getting up and leaving the room.

~Original (Annabelle) POV~

Evander has me in his warm embrace as Drake leaves the room. I close my eyes once again. My shoulder is a little sore but healing. Evander’s breathing is steady and soothing as I listen to his heart. I gradually fall asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story