Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Teaching them manners

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-19 - Updated: 2008-08-19 - 1834 words

0Unrated
Chapter 15- Teaching them manners

We all sit in silence. Amie is finally quiet but still has tears rolling down her cheeks. I relax feeling a little bit better in Evander’s warm embrace. Drake has his arms wrapped around Raven. The only noises in the room are from the human’s heart beats and breathing. I look over to Amie watching her neck as her pulse shows beneath her skin. Evander releases me as I stand up. Wade must have seen the hungry look in my eyes.
“Don’t touch her!” Wade yells
His voice but hardly making me hesitate moving towards Amie. I am standing over her and she whimpers still crying. Raven jumps up and is at my side.
“Can I have her?” Raven asks
“Sure. Remember to keep her alive though.” I reply
“No” Wade yells.
I appear at Wade’s side and lean down close to him.
“Don’t worry you get me” I say menacingly
He doesn’t seem to care about himself still focusing on Amie. I am still angry so he will be a good way to let my anger out just got to make sure I don’t kill him. I open my mouth ready to bite moving his jacket collar from his neck.
“Annabelle” Drake says
I sigh then turn to face him.
“Yes?” my voice a little bit more unfriendly then I meant
“Would you rather go hunt?” he asks
I’m a bit confused at this but I comply.
“Alright” I say
Raven turns ready to run out the door with us but Drake holds his hand up for her to stop. I go and kiss Evander.
“Raven I was thinking of going with Annabelle alone” Drake says
Raven stops confused but nods in agreement after a moment. Drake walks out the door and I follow. I can hear Wade give a sigh of relief. Once outside Drake starts running through the forest. I catch up to him but he just keeps running. I weave my way through the trees with him then he stops. Drake leaps up into a branch then sits there waiting for me. I follow jumping up and sitting next to him. We sit in silence, I am waiting for him to talk, he has his eyes closed. He exhales slowly then opens his eyes.
“Annabelle, how are you really feeling?” He asks
“A bit angry and confused but fine” I reply
He then leaps from the branch and disappears into the distance. Strange. He enters my head while he runs.
“Annabelle tell the others I’ll be back soon I just have to take care of some business” His voice sounds in my head.
“Alright” I think back.
He is now gone. I am sitting alone on the branch a bit confused. Shadows surround me, the dark always makes me feel so safe and content. I head back to the house. Raven and Evander are sitting quietly on the floor watching Amie and Wade. I enter silently. Raven jumps up but stops when she doesn’t see Drake enter.
“What happened?” she asks
“He just said to tell you he’ll be back soon” I reply walking over to Evander
Raven nods in understanding then walks over to the corner closest to Amie. I bend down and kiss Evander but then start to walks towards my room. Raven is now laying silently in the corner. Evander gets up and follows me towards my bedroom. I fall back onto the bed. Evander just stands at the door. I feel so tired still, I have slept so much yet I don’t feel like I have slept in about a week. It’s the memories they take it all out of me when they hit me. Evander finally enters laying on his side of the bed. I crawl up to the pillows closing my eyes and letting my head drop to the pillow. I fall asleep quickly.

~Dream~

I’m trapped, no escape. Drake has sat at the end of the bed still facing me. Why has he even been stalking me?
“I wasn’t stalking but rather keeping watch over you. I was doing this because you seem to be popular amongst incubus” His voice is smooth.
I frown not fully understanding what he means by incubus.
“An incubus is a nasty creature. It is a vampire that lives off the life force of having sex with women rather than blood”
I cringe. Did he just say vampires exist and that I was popular amongst incubuses.
“Yes vampires do exist and I’m sorry to say yes you are popular”
My jaw drops. This is crazy. Why do they even want me?
“They all have relatively the same reason”
Which is?
“You don’t want to know”
I shudder. The room falls into silence then the window is smashed and a figure flies through the room at Drake. Glass is sprayed through the room. Drake wrestles with the form I can’t make out then another figure enters my room. I press closer up against the wall. The two figures I can now see are men they have struck Drake unconscious and are now facing me. Gulp. They toss Drake’s body out the window. They are looking at me with greedy eyes. I recognise one as Lewis. Oh no.
“Oh no indeed” Lewis says with a harsh voice.
I cower back as the men advance on me. Lewis looks at the man with him as they approach.
“What are you doing?” Lewis asks the man
“I get the girl” The man replies
“Ronald, she is mine” Lewis says
Ronald snarls turning on Lewis. They fight until I hear a sickening snap. Lewis has Ronald’s limp body in his arms. Ronald is tossed over into a corner. Lewis moves so quickly across the room he is now on the bed. He is holding my arms above my head against the wall. His skin is so cold. I struggle but he holds firm. Lewis leans in and starts to kiss along my neck. I hear something stumble through the window. Please don’t let it be more. It is Drake, he has grabbed Lewis from behind. Lewis still holds tight to me and I am pulled away from the wall with him. Drake pries Lewis from me which causes me to drop to the floor. Lewis snarls and fights with Drake. I am so tired and sore at this point. I crawl up onto my bed fighting to stay awake. My head is spinning and my body aching. Drake rips Lewis apart with his teeth. Finally Lewis is just a crumpled mess on the ground. Drake comes towards me. I whimper, I don’t know if I can take any more of this. Darkness consumes me as I drop unconscious.

~End Dream~

I wake up to find that I have put my foot through the wall. Evander is watching me from the bed.
“Morning” I mumble
I eventually manage to extract my foot from the wall.
“Morning” Evander says.
I sit at the end of the bed with him. Evander wraps his arms around me.
“Are you ok?” He asks concerned
“A bit thirsty but fine” I reply
“We have those humans out on the couch” He offers with a slight grimace.
“Is Drake back?”
“No” Evander replies
The sun is bright outside.
“Do you want to go into town?” I ask
“Alright, Won’t you have troubles with the sun?”
“No I’ll be fine. I’m going to have a shower and get dresses then we can go”
I get up from the bed smiling. Once I’m ready I leave the room with Evander. Raven is still in the corner. She is laying down very tense probably worried about Drake.
“Where are you going?” She asks not looking up.
“Just into town” I reply
“Alright see you soon” She says
I leave with Evander I am wearing a black trench coat and very dark tint sunglasses. I run around to the garage and retrieve a motorcycle. Evander is standing out the front in the sun waiting patiently. I pull up next to him.
“Nice” He says getting on.
We drive off through the overgrown trail that leads from my house to the town. The wind rushes through my hair. Eventually I slow as we approach the town. The streets are already pretty busy.
“Hungry?” I ask
“Yes” Evander replies
I stop at a small café. Parking the motorcycle I enter the café with Evander. Inside is to warm so we choose to sit outside. Two teenage boys are walking along towards us. They look to be 18 or 19.
“Hey nice outfit too bad it’s not Halloween” One says laughing.
Evander clenches his fists but I place one hand on his fist with a smile. The boys keep going on about something they think insults me. I grab one boys head and bash it against the table he drops to the ground. I kick his ribs and rest my feet on top of him. The other is shocked and just staring.
“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare” I say calmly.
“Oh… Umm… Sorry miss” He says stuttering
I kick his mate to his feet. He helps up his friend and they rush down the street. I turn back to Evander.
“Someone had to teach them some manners” I say smiling.
“Yeah” He agrees.
A waitress comes out.
“Hi what can I do for you this morning?” She asks
“I just want a bottle of water” I say then facing Evander.
“Order what you want I’ll be back soon” I say getting up from the table.
I walk down an alley to find a poor homeless man. It would be merciful to kill him and end his pain. I lean down the man to weak to open his eyes. I pull a flask from my back pocket. Opening the flask I bite him. He just tries to murmur. I drink most then put the remainder in the flask. Evander is waiting at our table I return and sit across from him.
“What was that about?” Evander asks.
“Just getting breakfast” I reply pulling the flask out.
“Alright” He says
I open the flask, still warm. I drink the most of the blood leaving a little bit left,
“Refreshing” I say closing the flask.
The waitress brings over two bottles of water and a small plate of bacon.
“Here you are” The waitress says then returns into the café.
Evander takes his plate of bacon and starts to eat. He finishes a mouthful and looks up at me.
“Would you like some?” He offers
“No” I reply
I sip from my water as Evander finishes his bacon. We pay then leave. I start to get on the motorcycle when I spot a group of people standing in the shade.
“Annabelle?” One of them says
Sign up to rate and review this story