Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Dreams

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-08 - Updated: 2008-08-13 - 2266 words

0Unrated
Chapter 14 - Dreams

We are all certain that Wade was telling the truth because just as with victim’s fear fills the air so does their lies and humans can never lie thoroughly there is always some physical reaction to lying. Vampires are like lie detectors but much more accurate. Evander, who I have barely noticed in the room, has now moved to sit in the hallway.
“What gave us away?” Drake demands again
Wade’s eyes are not leaving Amie.
“A whole range of things but it was the werewolves reaction to the area that sealed it” Wade replies
I stand there next to Amie waiting for the moment Wade lies. Drake continues to question him and it seems Amie is a good motivator for getting the truth out of Wade. Eventually Drake stops the questions for now and we all head outside. Once outside we all sit in the snow. I lay my head in Evander’s lap. My memories fading back into the furthest reaches of my mind but I still can‘t help but feel angry. It is now the early hours of the morning we can hear murmuring from inside as Amie goes into hysterics and Wade tries to calm her down.
“Again I can’t help but notice that you are a magnet for trouble Bell” Raven says
I smile at her.

~Evander POV~
I wish I knew what was upsetting her so much, well not so much upsetting her but rather angering her. I run my fingers through her beautiful jet black hair. We are all sitting in silence. Annabelle’s body is rigid in my arms she must be upset still. Her skin is as cold as the snow I am laying on.
“What’s wrong?” I ask her hopping I can help somehow
She takes a deep breath and looks up into my face.
“Nothing” she says reassuringly
I sigh then smile back at her. Is it that she doesn’t trust me? Is she ashamed of it? How bad could it be? I guess these questions will go unanswered for now. I lean in closer to kiss her but she cringes slightly away from me. What did I do? I realise that the relationship was very rushed but I thought that was because she trusted me so much. She trusted me so much before, what has changed? I simply press my lips to her forehead for a moment. She smiles a sorry then looks away from my eyes. Why can’t she meet my gaze? Is it me that is making her angry? It must be me. Did I hurt her either physically or emotionally? Her hand reaches out for my hand. I grasp her softly. Her icy skin slightly warmed by my touch. My rough hands feeling her velvet touch. A bird brings me out of my thoughts. The sound is loud and piercing, sun must be about to rise. Drake gets up from the snow with Raven. They are expressionless as they pass us moving indoors. Annabelle curls up into my lap. She closes her eyes as she begins to fall asleep. This means she must trusts me, right? I continue to lightly run my fingers through her smooth hair. It is now I realise just how badly being around her has effected my sleeping patterns but that doesn’t matter. The sun begins to creep up from below the horizon. I lift Annabelle easily she doesn’t make any move to escape my embrace. I carry her inside gently laying her on the bed. She looks at me, eyes lost in thought. Annabelle holds he arms up to embrace me, I move in closer to her. I release her and move round to lay on the other side of the bed. We hold each other closely, wordlessly. I let the darkness of sleep consume me.

~Original (Annabelle) POV~
Evander’s breathing is even and slow next to me as he drifts off to sleep. I slip into sleep as the sun reaches my window.

~Dream~
It is a week I have lived over an over again in my head and through dreams. It starts with me laying peacefully and human in my bed. I can’t sleep, tossing and turning restlessly I don’t hear my window opened. A cold breeze runs over me, I shudder with the chill. As I get out of my bed to close my window from the opposite side of my small room I realise that it was shut when I got into bed. It was definitely shut. How could it have been opened? I look around, suddenly my eyes catch a dark figure at my bed. I gasp. How could someone get in here I was on the second story of the building? A small chuckle escapes the strangers lips. My eyes flash to the door, I wonder if I could make it out of the room before this person could grab me. I dash to the closed door but an icy hand grabs me before I even get half way to the door. With great force I am thrown to my bed. The stranger appears at the side of the bed before I can even process what just happened. I try to sit up but the same icy hand grabs my shoulder now digging their fingers nails in they push me back down. I work up a scream in my lungs but a hand muffles my scream. My room is dark except for the small amount of moonlight that filters in. I can only just make out a male face it is deathly pale. He opens his mouth to reveal two gleaming prominent fangs. I struggle in his grip but he is too strong. He kneels over me on the bed tilting my head to expose my neck. As he gets closer I can feel his amazingly cold breath brush against my skin. Opening his mouth wider he gets ever closer to my neck. I can feel his fangs now about to pierce my throat when he reels back with shock. He turns quickly still holding me and I see a second figure in the room. A growl rumbles through his chest and the second person growls back. I hang limply in his hold I am stuck in the middle of this confrontation.
“Leave! This is my catch” The man holding me says aggressively but quietly.
“No! You know I have been watching this one” is the response from the second stranger.
What, they have been stalking me?
“You took too long Drake” the first man replies smugly
Without warning the so called Drake leaps at the man holding me. I am thrown back onto the bed as the man braces for Drake’s attack. Drake hit’s the man hard and both fall to my floor. I take their distraction as a chance to escape, I jump from my bed but someone’s hand throws me back.
“Lewis she is mine!” Drake says with a commanding tone
I must be just an object for them. Again I try to get away but Lewis throws me against the wall. The force was so great that I feel all down my back begin to bruise. I grimace at the pain.
“Lewis!” Drake says louder now.
I don’t know who I want to win either way the future looks bleak for me. I try to get off the bed again but pain shoots down my legs from my back. Drake continues to fight Lewis and soon is victorious. I look at the two men both are very harmed from each others teeth but to my horror they are healing before my eyes. Drake is holding his fangs to Lewis’s neck.
“Leave now” Drake’s voice is low and has a commanding tone.
Lewis frowns but soon admits his defeat swiftly leaving out the window. Drake turns to me, I move away struggling against the pain. He is motionless before me. His eyes show a slight glimmer of appraisal. This just confuses me further.
“Sorry about that. Incubus’s can be so rude” He says slowly.
As he approaches I try to move back further but I have my back pressed against a wall. I quiver as he holds his hand out towards me.

~End Dream~

My dream ends abruptly as I crash into the window. What? I must have been tossing and turning with such an intense dream or rather memory. I am laying on the ground next to the window which has a massive crack running up it. I’ll need to replace that. My bedside table is tipped over and has blood on the corner of it. I scan the room quickly to find that Evander is looking at me very concerned. Raven and Drake are standing in the doorframe more interested than concerned. Evander has a bruised cheek bone and what looks to be a healing broken nose. My head is throbbing. I reach up to find that I must have hit my head on the corner of the bedside because I have a quickly healing wound on my forehead. I stand up and discover that I also broke a rib. As I set the bone in place so it heals properly I walk over to Evander. I sit down next to him.
“What happened?” I ask
Raven laughs softly.
“You must have been having one exciting dream” Evander answers
I gently wrap my arms around Evander. He winces and I step back quickly releasing him.
“What?” I ask
“Just where you punched my arm but I’m fine” Evander replies
“Sorry” I apologise
“It’s fine” Evander assures me
“You did more damage to the house than to him” Raven adds
I look around taking in the cracks in the plaster board, the cracked window and the bedside table which have been split in two. I frown at the damage I have done as I sit down next to Evander. Evander pulls me closer and embraces me. I look over to Drake and Raven. Drake has a broken but healing cheek bone. I look at him confused.
“I tried to help by putting you back into the bed.” Drake explains
“You can beat him even in your sleep” Raven adds
I laugh slightly with Raven.
“What was the dream?” Evander asks me
This is where Raven and Drake leave quickly because they have lived with me before. I used to be much worse destroying much more things than I do now and they are aware of what the dream is about.
“I can’t really remember” I lie
I lay my head back down on the pillow still tired. Evander lays next to me not pressing the matter further. I look over at my clock to get the time but instead I find it laying on the ground smashed to pieces.
“Do you know what the time is?” I ask Evander, looking into his beautiful eyes
“I think it’s 3pm” he replies staring back into my eyes.
“Thanks”
I sigh closing my eyes.

~Dream~
The stranger named Drake approaches me slowly now that Lewis has been fought off. He holds his hand out I move back further but this just presses my back against the wall. The pain surges through my body. I have no escape. What is this man going to do to me?
“I’m not the bad guy here, Lewis was the one who would harm you terribly” He tries to assure me.
“Oh you aren’t the bad guy because you have been stalking me and you fought off another guy in my room very late at night” I say sarcastically trying to sound angry but I think I’m too scared to pull it off.
Drake sighs heavily. Hopefully this is all a bad dream and I’ll just wake up I silently pray.
“This isn’t just a bad dream” Drake says
I gasp. Can he read my thoughts?
“Yes” Drake replies my unvoiced question
He comes closer and closer. Is he going to kill me?
“No but rather give you a new life”
I shudder at his voice now he is at the edge of my bed only a metre away.
“I won’t hurt you” He says soothingly.
I’m trapped, no escape. Drake has sat at the end of the bed still facing me. Why has he even been stalking me?
“I wasn’t stalking but rather keeping watch over you. I was doing this because

~End Dream~

There isn’t that much more damage this time. The forest has already been plunged into the darkness after sun set. Evander is laying next to me awake.
“Good evening” he says
I smile back kissing him softly.
“Is that slayer and girl still alive?” I ask getting out of bed.
“I’m pretty sure” he replies waiting in bed while I move to the bathroom to shower and get dressed. Once I’m dressed and showered Evander gets out of bed already dressed and follows me out to the living room. Amie is still sobbing quietly while Wade tries to calm her down. Raven and Drake are sitting on the floor enjoying the show.
“Can’t believe the house is still standing after you today” Raven jokes
“I tried” I say.
Drake’s voice enters my head. I groan sitting down next to Drake.
“Are you alright?” his voice flows through my mind.
“Fine” I think back
He leaves my mind frowning slightly.
Sign up to rate and review this story