Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Slayer!

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-07 - 2381 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13- Slayer!

We walk through the empty streets until we finally find some humans there are conveniently three of them. Raven runs and leaps onto one of the men to quick for Drake or I. I quickly have my teeth at my victims neck so does Drake. I have finished with mine quickly not in the mood to play games tonight. Raven tortures her victim slightly though and Drake ends his victims life quickly but painfully.
“Raven you’re too quick” Drake says
“Let’s get Evander’s dinner then go back to my place” I say
“Alright” Raven agrees licking blood from around her mouth.
We head off back to my place but stop in the forest for Evander’s dinner first. I find an animal and knock it out keeping it alive so its blood stays warm and fresh. Evander comes to the door and greets me.
“What happened to your shoulder?” he asks
“Just ran into some old acquaintances” I say
“Why isn’t it healing?” he asks
“When you receive an injury from another vampire it heals at a humans healing rate” I explain handing him the animal I captured.
“Thank you” he says taking it
“I’m going inside to clean this wound up” I say walking through the house to my room with Raven and Drake following me.
Evander goes outside and disappears we can hear a howl before hearing tearing noises as the wolf rips its meal apart. I sit on my bed my shoulder now starting to burn with pain. I wince from the pain as I lay down Drake is watching me with Raven.
“Are you alright?” Raven asks
“Fine” I manage to answer
Drake comes over to the bed and lies down next to me. He takes my arm gently and inspects the wound.
“He got you pretty bad” Drake finally says
“Yes” I agree wincing again as another wave of pain hits me.
“Well tonight didn’t go the best” Raven says sitting with Drake next to me.
“Indeed we had better be careful because Vivian is very good at holding grudges” Drake says
I begin drifting off to sleep with Drake and Raven talking softly beside me.
“What time is it?” I manage to mumble still conscious
“Its 5am get some sleep” Drake says in my ear.

I must have rolled over because searing pain shoots through my body as my wound is pressed against the bed. I stay silently and sit up the clock says it is now 10am. I lie back down and notice Evander is sleeping beside me. I guess his sleeping patterns have changed due to being around me. I use my uninjured arm to softly comb my fingers through his hair. He smiles and I realise he isn’t snoring.
“Morning” he says embracing me carefully
“Morning” I respond my eyelids drooping with tiredness.
I drift off to sleep again.

I wake up much later the sun is just about to slip below the horizon. Evander hasn’t moved and has actually been preventing me while I sleep from rolling over onto my wound. I can Evander has now completely healed just a few scars here and there. I hear a slight knock on the door then Raven comes in.
“Afternoon sleepy head” Raven says calmly
“Hey” I say not moving from Evander’s embrace.
Raven sits at the end of the bed she is calm unlike her normal bubbly and energetic self.
“What’s wrong?” I ask
“Drake has gone out and I now suspect he has gone back to settle a score with Vivian” she says
My eyes widen and I now wriggle from Evander’s grasp.
“Let’s go and find him” I say trying to get up
Evander grabs my waist and pulls me back while Raven blocks my way.
“No your shoulder is injured” Evander says pulling me back to him
I struggle against him but he easily holds me firm.

~Evander POV~
Annabelle is injured but she still won’t rest. She wants to help Drake and fight Vivian. I am still unaware of who or what Vivian is. Raven is worried about Drake and wants to leave but is afraid to leave Annabelle injured with me. I sit with Annabelle trying to calm her rocking back and forth. We hear a crash from the front door Raven leaps silently from the room and I glance out the window to see a human walking towards the door.
“Drake!” Raven exclaims
“Go! Get Annabelle and hide!” Drake commands
“Why?” Raven challenges
“Slayer!” Drake calls back
Annabelle tenses in my grip. I am torn I know she would be able to get safe quicker if I release her but if I let go she is likely to run through to Drake to try to help. I release her she darts away taking the chance but she goes out to help Drake and Raven.
“Why did I let go?” I ask myself as I jump to my feet
I run through the small house to see a stake whiz past my head. It was fired from a cross bow the man holding it reloads quickly. Annabelle has leaped at him. A mighty crash can be heard as they fall to the ground. The slayer is out cold. Annabelle leaning over the unconscious man has a stake inches away from her heart.
“Annabelle” Drake growls upset with her attack
Raven moves to her side and helps her up. I scoop Annabelle up in my arms she makes no move to stop me. Her shoulder wound has reopened from hitting the floor. She grabs a bandage her stops the bleeding. I walk back into the bedroom with her in my arms. Drake has picked the body of the slayer up but he doesn’t kill him like I expected but rather chains him next to Justin. I look confused at him.
“I can interrogate him for information of other slayers in the area” Drake answers my unvoiced question.
I nod in understanding then head back through the house to the bedroom. As I lay Annabelle on the bed she winces slightly from the pain. I lie next to her.

~Original (Annabelle) POV~
Ow I think to myself, maybe I shouldn’t have tackled that guy.
Evander lies next to me and I curl up against him.
“What am I doing?” I think to myself “Why am I letting the injuring bring me down? I have had much worse and still survived on my own.”
I grow angry at myself I have let myself become weak while around others. Evander picks up on this so does Drake and Raven. Both come into the room.
“What’s wrong?” Drake asks moving closer to me
I give a heavy sigh then force a convincing smile.
“Nothing” I reply sounding as positive as I can
Drake and Raven frown I know I can’t fake emotions around vampires who can feel my real emotions. Evander also isn’t convinced. He presses closer to me and kisses my forehead. It comforts me but doesn’t solve the reason why I am mad. Drake enters my mind.
“Damn!” I think
“Annabelle will you tell me or should I rummage through your head looking for the answer?” Drake asks me his voice filling my head.
I sigh again.
“Just thinking about the choices I have made” I think back hopeful he will think that I am reconsidering being with Evander and leave me only.
“Don’t lie” His voice says in my mind
“Damn” I say under my breath
Drake smiles and shakes his head. Then I feel him start to search through my thoughts. I frown at him shaking my head if only I could shut him out like I can with Raven but I can’t because he turned me. Raven then enters my head and stops Drake.
“Thank you” I think to Raven
Both leave my mind and walk from the room to talk. I sigh; I hate never being able to hide things from them. I lay in silence with Evander.

Raven enters the room after talking with Drake. She looks at Evander and nods towards the door he gets the idea and leaves us to talk after kissing me.
“Bell what’s wrong?” Raven asks once the door is shut
I look away from her gaze and look out the window.
“Bell?” she asks after a moment without a response
“Raven I just am thinking about my injury and why I have let the pain in instead of blocking it from me and continuing to behave normally like I would have a few years ago.” I finally reply softly
Raven nods in understanding.
“Well you are still being stronger then I would be. Unlike me you don’t need others you are very independent. I have always surrounded myself with other vampires but you don’t.” Raven says
I always despised others only liking a limited few. I remember when I went rouge but it was from my choice rather then others that have done something that is looked down upon and forced to live away from other vampires. When I left it didn’t surprise anyone. I always loved being only and felt so much freer without having others around me. When hunting I learnt it was so much more fun to play with your victims without having another vampire wanting to torture them as well. Of course there are those vampires that believed that harming humans was wrong and tried to live amongst them but I couldn’t think of anything more boring or wrong. Why deny yourself of something you were meant to hunt it was just silly to deprive yourself of your designed prey. They prided themselves on their self control but I can show the same restraint when I want. I breathe in deeply the night’s air filling my lungs. I stand up letting the pain from my shoulder travel through my being fighting the pain letting it become just something in the background. Raven stands up shaking her head at me.
“What do you think your doing?” she asks
“I just need to get out into the night and think” I reply moving to the door
“Fine but I’m coming. For all we know Vivian is outside waiting for one of us to be left alone.” Raven says
I nod knowing she is right. As we walk to the front door the slayer is stirring back to consciousness. I glance at him and the terrified Justin. My anger rises again in me but I just walk out the door. There is a fresh blanket of snow on the ground. I leap up into a tree landing silently on a branch at least 20m above the ground. Raven follows we sit on the branch. I can hear Drake shouting questions at the slayer but the slayer refuses to talk. Raven is listening to Drake as well, she smiles. I feel much calmer and refreshed being outside. Raven just sits with me not saying a word as I bury my past deep in my memory again.
“Wade?” a small frightened woman calls from below us.
I sigh and jump down knocking her out. Raven follows me inside as I carry the unconscious woman to Drake. Upon seeing the woman the slayer’s eyes widen then a wave of horror passes over his face. Drake’s face lights up seeing the slayer’s reaction.
“Now we can get him to talk” Drake says taking the woman.
The slayer struggles to get free. Drake chains the woman to the couch opposite the slayer.
“It’s getting a bit crowded” I say looking over to Justin
“I agree” Raven says exposing her gleaming fangs
Justin tries to back away sinking into the couch. I approach taking in the atmosphere of fear with Raven following me. As I lean down to Justin the slayer head butts me, it does nothing to me but I’m sure he has a killer headache now.
“This will happen to your little girlfriend enjoy the show” I whisper in the slayer’s ear.
Raven is close behind me as I strip the bandage from Justin’s neck. Justin is helpless against me. My teeth are at his neck in one swift smooth movement. I slowly rake my teeth across his neck but not to deep. Justin cries out in pain. Blood trickles down to his shoulders from the wounds. I rip move violently now letting my teeth slide through the skin. Justin cries louder then growing silent. I move away with a smile as his body slumps lifelessly. Raven frowns at me.
“Hey I wanted some to” Raven says still frowning
“It’s my house and my victim” I say back licking the blood from my lips.
“So don’t you know how to share” Raven says
“I didn’t see your name on him” I reply
Drake clears his throat and both Raven and I stop arguing. The slayer looks at us with disgust.
“Monsters” the slayer mutters
The woman starts to stir. We all look over at her as she opens her eyes. The slayer meets her gaze. Terror and confusion fills her eyes.
“What is going on?” she asks finally finding her voice.
“Amie I wasn’t completely honest about what I do” The slayer says
“Why am I chained up?” she asks pulling at the chains.
“Because your little boyfriend is a vampire slayer and we couldn’t have that” Raven says her tone cold she is still upset I didn’t share Justin.
Amie’s eyes widen.
“Wade is this a joke?” she asks alarm filling her voice
Wade just shakes his head. Drake is bored listening to this so am I.
How many hunters are in the area?” Drake demands
Wade is silent and expressionless. I move towards Amie and Wade tenses aware of my intention. Amie whimpers slightly seeing Justin’s body. Before I lay a finger on her Wade starts to talk.
“Wait! There aren’t any in the area to my knowledge” He says reluctantly
I smile but I don’t move away from the terrified woman.
Sign up to rate and review this story