Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Out on the town

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-08-02 - Updated: 2008-08-02 - 2791 words

0Unrated
Chapter 12- Out on the town

The sun eventually goes down.
“Let’s go” Raven says jumping from Drake’s lap.
“Annabelle we’ll be waiting outside” Drakes says leaving the room with Raven.
I look up into Evander’s deep brown eyes he releases me from his embrace. I kiss him passionately before joining Drake and Raven outside.
“Ready?” Raven asks enthusiastically
“Sure” I reply with one last glance through my bedroom window
“Where do you girls want to hunt tonight?” Drake asks
“I don’t care. Raven?” I ask
“I don’t care either I just want to hunt” she says impatiently
“Then we’ll just go to the nearest town” Drake says
We run through the cold night air my hair whips around my face. Raven is running ahead slightly then slowing to our pace she has always been able to run faster then Drake or I. We arrive at a town shortly none of us are familiar with it. Drake looks at his watch.
“Only 7:30 so it’s a bit early for your hunting methods girls” Drake warns us.
His style was always different to ours he would go to a night club and lure an unlucky girl where Raven and I were more violent.
“Fine let’s go to a club then” I say walking through the streets with Raven and Drake at my side.
We found a seemingly popular club crowded with fresh victims. Drake quickly left us and found a target. Raven and I just rolled our eyes as he started hitting on a girl that would soon be his meal. As Raven and I just talked to each other while Drake kept talking to the young woman we noticed the presence of other vampires. The door opened and a group of four young vampire men walked in. The girls around us noticed them as well and commented on their looks but Raven and I were more worried about their angry expressions. The man leading the group spotted us quickly and walked in leaving two of his friends to wait at the door with one following him. The two men walked towards us eyes never leaving our faces.
“Good evening ladies” the man that was obviously the leader said with a wry grin.
“Evening” I responded trying to be as polite as possible
“It’s a bit crowded in here would you care to join me and my friends out side?” the leader asks
I look at Raven and look at Drake from the corner of my eye, Drake has stopped talking to the girl and looks to Raven and I concerned. His voice enters my head.
“Talk to him I’ll be listening and be there if you need me” Drake says
I return my attention to Raven and nod. We both face the men in front of us.
“We would be glad to” I reply with a smile
The two men lead us outside and we join the other two men that were waiting at the door. There is a small alley off the main road and we walk down it. The leader takes a deep breath of the night air.
“Well now that we are away from that crowd and noise allow me to introduce myself I am Lucian” He says offering his hand.
“I’m Annabelle” I say shaking his
“I’m Raven” She says shaking his hand as well
“Pleasure to meet you both” he says
“May I ask what you wished to talk about?” I ask
“Well I couldn’t help but notice that there were some vampires entering our town” Lucian replies
One of the other men leans in and whispers something in Lucian’s ear. Lucian shakes him off.
“Sorry if we are invading your territory we weren’t aware this town was occupied.” I say
“Yes well the town is big enough for all of us for one night I guess but you must explain something to me” Lucian says as the others behind him frowned slightly.
“What would you like to know?” I ask still polite
“You have the scent of a werewolf very strong on you and I just wished to know why that was because a vampire could mistake you as one very easily”
“I have a unique ally” I reply simply
“Intriguing” He responds his companion seeming a bit shocked at my reply.
“Aren’t you going to introduce your companions?” Raven asks changing the subject.
“of course this is William” Lucian says gesturing towards the man that has been at his side all night.
William has short blonde hair the fringe falling over one eye. I hold my hand out to shake William’s hand but he kisses my hand gently and does the same to Raven.
“These two men are Thor and Lance” the two men just nod
“Now that we have all been introduced would you care to share why you are here?” William asks
“Just hunting” Raven replies
“Would you ladies care to join us for dinner?” Lucian asks
I hesitate waiting for Drake to tell me what I should do.
“Say yes I will be watching the whole time and remember try to stay polite we are in there territory” Drake’s voice fills my head”
“Sure we would be delighted” I reply
“Splendid” Lucian says
We head towards the main road with Lucian and William leading the way. Thor and Lance follow behind Raven and I.
“Are there just the four of you in town?” Raven asks
“No there is one other woman named Vivian” Lucian replies
Raven and I look at each other wondering if it is the Vivian we know. William sees this exchange of glances.
“Do you ladies recognise her name?” William asks
“Yes” Raven replies her expression blank.
Lucian and William exchange glances then turn back to Raven and I. We are standing on the main road it is empty and the only noise is from the club behind us. I look at my watch it is only 8pm. As we stand on the sidewalk a group of girls leave the nightclub there is six in total. Two have brown hair and the rest have blonde hair. I smile springs to William’s face as the girls walk towards us. William approaches them.
“Good evening ladies may I just say you are all looking stunning tonight” William says
The group all smiles back and some whisper to each other.
“Thanks you don’t look so bad yourself” a blonde one says eyeing him
A brown haired woman approaches him not waiting for the talk and wraps a leg around his hip. The rest laugh the smell of alcohol heavy on their breath. I smile watching William charm the humans they are just so easy to manipulate. Humans aren’t as aware of the survival instincts that animals use they are ruled by their wants and needs. Sure humans may have bigger brain capacity but animals are able to survive without this. If humans ever listened to their survival instincts vampires that hunt the way these men or Drake do the vampires would be avoided instead humans are completely unaware of the danger animals sense and vampires get an easy dinner. William puts his hand on the girls shoulder lightly. He smiles and she just laughs leaning against him.
“Would you ladies like to join us this evening?” Lucian asks
“Of course” one of the women say
“Do you mind if Raven and I look around at what the town has to provide?” I ask Lucian
“Sure I’ll catch up with you ladies later” Lucian says before joining William with the group of humans.
I walk along the road with Raven once we’ve gotten out of Lucian and the others sight Drake reveals himself.
“Why did I bring you Annabelle your just a magnet for trouble?” Drake says shaking his head
“Well did you hear Vivian is around?” I ask
“Yes only you could go to a random town and have a enemy already occupy it” Drake says
“If it is the Vivian we know she will have half of her face torn to shreds” Raven says with a grin
“Let’s just find another nightclub and Drake can get some dinner” I say heading off down the street
We finally find another club. Drake finds another target easily and heads over to talk to them. Raven and I wait again just watching. Thor appears at the door and finds Raven and I easily. Drake’s voice enters my head as I start to walk towards Thor with Raven
“I’ll be watching and listening but I am not happy with you I haven’t gotten to feed yet now I remember why I don’t hunt with you” Drake says
“Hello again Thor” I say politely
“Hello Annabelle”
“May I ask why you aren’t feeding with the rest of your friends?” I ask still polite as I can manage
“I thought I might join you ladies I‘m not one for seducing because it is to easy more skill is required to follow silently then pick your moment to strike” he says with a smile
“Well nothing exciting is happening for now” Raven says
I look around the club but Drake has already pulled his disappearing act.
“Are you ladies one to seduce your prey or are you the ones to stalk after them? He asks
“We are more fond of the violent approach” Raven replies for the both of us
“It is so much more refreshing and exciting that way” he says
I walk outside Raven and Thor follows we find a seat. I sit down letting the night’s air brush against my face. Raven and Thor join me in sitting down.
“I saw you seem to recognise Vivian could explain how?” He asks
“She’s just an acquaintance” Raven says not wishing to go into the details
“Please go on” a familiar female voice says from behind us
“Hello Vivian” I say not caring to turn and face her
“Hello Annabelle it’s been a while” she says sitting next to me.
Vivian has half of her face covered with her dark violet hair.
“Indeed” I reply
“Hello Raven, where’s your dear friend Drake?” she says with a bitter tone
“What makes you think I spend every moment with him” Raven replies with a cold edge to her voice.
“Good evening Vivian” Thor says
“Hello Thor why aren’t you with Lucian?” Vivian responds
“I decided that I didn’t want to join them for dinner tonight” Thor says
“Drake why don’t you come out and join us” Vivian calls
Thor looks confused
“I didn’t see or sense another with them” Thor says to Vivian
“He’s around. Drake I‘m just trying to be civil please don‘t make this turn ugly” Vivian says threateningly to the shadows surrounding us
Drake finally steps out from behind a building face expressionless.
“Evening” Drake says voice even
“Nice to finally see you again” Vivian says
Thor studies Drake as he approaches. Drake looks bitterly at Vivian because they had a falling out over Raven that made him leave her many years ago. Suddenly Vivian moves to Raven and has her neck locked in her grasp. Drake’s eyes grow dark as I spring up and knock Vivian away from Raven. Raven stands as the three of us surround Vivian.
“Thor now we see where your loyalty lies” Vivian says backing away from us slightly.
Thor frowns trying to decide what to do when Lucian and William appear blood around their lips.
“Vivian I thought you were out for the week” Lucian says moving to her side
“Well there was a change of plans” Vivian responds
I take another step towards Vivian. Thor hasn’t moved yet and is just watching the stand off unfold. William is at Vivian’s left and Lucian at her right. I stop advancing as does Drake and Raven. William and Lucian study Drake.
“Who’s he?” William finally asks
“He has been listening and watching you every moment you spent with the girls” Vivian replies
“I couldn’t sense him or smell him” Lucian says
“Well Drake will only let you know he is around if he wants you too” Vivian explains
“I thought you were trying to be civil?” I question Vivian
“You know me I am not one to trust but then again none of us are”
At that moment Lance leaps onto Raven from the direction Lucian came with William and pins her to the ground. I start to run to her aid but William grabs me and scratches my shoulder leaving a gash. I throw him off me then pin him to the ground. My hands placed ready to snap his neck.
“Release her” I say with a low voice.
Lucian leaps at me but Drake grabs him and starts to strangle him.
“Release her!” Drake commands
Vivian just smiles.
“Why would I do that when I have you outnumbered and I never really cared for them” Vivian says
Lucian, William and Lance’s eyes widen obviously they were under the impression that she was going to stick with them if they helped her. Vivian has had many fledglings under that impression before and they all end up dead. Thor suddenly jumps into action this provides a distraction for Raven soon she has Lance pinned. Thor struggles with Vivian for a while but Vivian is stronger and older soon she has thrown him against a wall. Thor slumps to the ground unconscious.
“I hope to meet you again soon” Vivian says then disappears into the shadows.
“Well what do we do with these then?” I ask Drake nodding towards the vampire in my hold
“If we release you can you behave?” Drake asks the men
“Of course” Lucian replies
Drake releases Lucian and I follow releasing William but Raven hesitates releasing Lance for a moment. Raven finally releases Lance. William moves over to Thor.
“He’s alright just unconscious” William says before walking to Lucian
“Hello Drake I‘m Lucian”
Drake just nods then goes over to Raven making sure she is alright. He kisses her then turns back to the vampires standing in front of us. Drake and Raven come to my side. Raven inspects my wound but it is nothing major. I look at my watch it is already 11pm time just flies when you are fighting other vampires. The night club in the street has a large group of people leaving it to see us and the unconscious Thor.
“Hey you guy’s alright?” a man yells to us
“fine!” I reply
The group heads off in the opposite direction.
“Would you rather talk in a move private area?” William asks
“What is there to talk about?” Drake asks
“We will spend tonight hunting and leave your town before sunrise.” Drake continues
“Alright Will you return to this town any other occasions?” Lucian asks
“We may do” Drake replies before we start to walk back to the nightclub.
“We will see you around then” Lucian calls to us before picking Thor up and heading off down the road.
“Can you girls stay out of trouble while I finally get to have dinner?” Drake asks as we enter the club.
“No promises” I say as he finds another target the third for this evening.
Raven and I find some guys that don’t look that bad.
“Shall we?” I ask
Raven nods and we walk over to the two men. She and I easily get them to come out the back. As soon as we are out of sight Raven and I bite the men. The warm blood flows from his neck my fangs buried deep in his skin. The jugular vein can be messy if you haven’t tried bitting it before but is effective at draining someone quickly. Four minutes is all it takes for his body to be completely drained of blood. I look up at Raven both of us finished I lick a stray drop of blood from my lips. There is no sign to indicate an attack happened. I smile as I pick my victims lifeless body up and discard it with Raven. Raven and I enter the club to see Drake waiting.
“I thought you girls were going to hunt down your dinner?” He asks as we leave
“We still can that was simply an appetiser” I reply smiling
“That’s the evil Annabelle I’ve been looking for” Drake says draping his arms around both Raven and I careful to avoid hurting my injured shoulder.
Sign up to rate and review this story