Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

It's all in your head

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-31 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1441 words

0Unrated

Chapter 11- It’s all in your head.

Justin is awoken by Drake’s teeth piercing his neck. He yells out in pain but no one even turns to see what‘s happening. Raven soon joins Drake in feeding off Justin but I’m more concerned about Evander. He is still very injured but recovering.

~Evander POV~
She must care for me the way she is looking after me even denying Justin’s blood. My eyes want to close but I don’t want to look away from her beauty. How could Peter be so foolish as to want to hurt such a perfect woman? I have never seen such beauty.

~Original (Annabelle) POV~

I lean in and kiss him gently on the cheek.
“Rest” I say softly in his ear.
I turn back to the others as Evander closes his eyes. I sit down next to the couch he is on.
“What have you been doing lately Drake?” I ask
He doesn’t reply to busy feeding off Justin.
“Save some for me” I request
Drake finally releases Justin so does Raven.
“How do you always pick the ones with the best blood” he eventually says.
Drake replaces the bandage around Justin’s neck and sits with Raven.
“I have always had the best taste” I agree
“Well over the last decade I’ve just indulged in every luxury humans can provide” He says with a smile.
“I see you were too busy to drop in and say hello to me” Raven says with a frown.
“Well you know me and anyway you’re always so hidden” He says
“Fine you’re off the hook for now” Raven says lying down on his lap.
Raven and Drake where and still are very close. They both love each other but are too proud to admit it.
“I’m going to bed” I announce standing up.
I kiss Evander softly on the forehead then head off to my room. AAs I enter I notice a dent in the wall from where Peter slammed my head into it. I get changed into my sleepwear and get into bed.

When I awake Evander’s nearly completely healed arm is wrapped around me. I snuggle up close against him. As I move he clutches me tighter. I look over at my clock it reads 4:30pm, I lay listening to his snoring for 10mins. Then Evander stops snoring I look up at his immaculate face.
“Good afternoon” I say
“Good afternoon”
“How do you feel?”
“Like I was recently beat up by two werewolves” He says with a grin
“Other then that how do you feel?
“I’m alright” he says kissing me.
He is still holding me close to his warm body the steady consistent beat of his heart relaxes me. The door handle turns. Evander and I prepare for an attack from the possible foe. The door opens to reveal Drake’s short jet black hair and lanky figure.
“Just checking you’re still alive” Drake says to me
“I’m fine” I say
Evander is startled by the sudden lightning fast movement of Drake. Drake has the door shut and is sitting on the end of the bed in seconds.
“How do you stand the stench of him? Because no offence but werewolf you stink worse then wet dog” Drake asks.
“Well you don’t smell that great” Evander responds
“I don’t know he just doesn’t stink to me anymore the other werewolves still stink as bad but he doesn’t” I reply looking at Evander lovingly.
“Strange” Drake says thoughtfully.
Within an instant Raven is lying down in Drake’s lap.
“What are you doing?” Raven asks brushing her long maroon hair out of her face.
“Just talking. I thought you were asleep” Drake reply running his long bony fingers through her hair.
“Yes I was but since everyone was in here I thought I would join you all”
Raven, Drake and I all have extremely pale skin but Evander’s skin has a nice even tan. I have long jet black hair. Both Raven and Drake’s eyes are midnight blue right now. I turn to Evander.
“When was the last time you fed?” I ask Evander
“A day ago at least maybe two” he replies
“I’m going hunting tonight so I’ll get you something” I say
“No I’ll get my own meal” He argues
“You can’t even stand”
“Yes I can”
Evander releases me as he attempts to get off the bed but falls back clenching his teeth against the pain
“I told you”
“Fine but you better not get me a human”
Raven and Drake looked at him shocked
“What do you mean?” Raven asks
“I don’t harm humans” Evander says
“Have you ever tried human blood?” Drake asks
“No and I don’t plan to”
“Haven’t you even been tempted?” Raven asks
“I haven’t been tempted ever”
Evander locks me in his embrace again.
“What do you feed on then?” Drake asks
“I feed on animals only”
“Why don’t you feed on humans?” Raven asks
“I choose not to”
“Is there something wrong with the taste of their flesh to you?” Raven asks
“No they do taste better then animals and are less hairy.”
“What is wrong with killing them? They are just pathetic creatures I even see them as being worse then animals.” Raven argues
“How can you say they are pathetic you were one of them once. Do you have any memories of being human?” Evander questions
“I only have one memory left”
“What is that memory of?”
Raven before answering looks up at Drake with a soft smile her eyes growing even darker shade of blue.
“The night Drake found me and turned me”
Evander now turns to me and stares into my eyes.
“Do you have any memories left?” he asks
“Mine is the same as Raven’s, the fateful night Drake turned me”
“How does being turned work? Because I always thought that being bitten would turn you but Justin isn‘t a vampire and you‘ve all had a turn of bitting him” He asks
Drake and Raven look at me confused. I turn to them.
“Justin is the human on the couch out there” I answer their unvoiced question before turning back to Evander.
“Evander being bitten doesn’t turn you only drinking the vampires blood does.”
“I guess the myths aren’t very accurate then”
“Indeed” Drake agrees
“Is that why that night in the clearing you didn’t want to be bitten?”
“Yes” he replies simply
Raven and Drake both shake their heads disapprovingly at me for my question. Drake’s voice enters my head. It has been at least over a decade since I have felt the presence of a vampire in my mind; it is a very unique experience.
“Annabelle you need to be more careful. I know why you wished to bite him because when vampires are in love they bite but think about what he is.” Drake’s voice fills my head
I frown.
“I’m not stupid I know what I’m doing” I snap back at him out loud.
Raven has some understanding of what just happened but Evander is confused at my sudden comment.
“I haven’t ever seen you foolish before nor did I think that you would ever behave foolishly but look at yourself.
I shoot him an icy glare as he fills my head with images of me from his view in Evander’s arms helpless against him if he turns violent. Raven then enters my head to join the conversation.
“Annabelle what happened to you? What happened to the untrusting, evil and scheming vampire I used to know?” Raven asks in my head
“She is still here and I know what I am doing” I think back
“I haven’t seen that evil Annabelle since I got here” Drake says still talking through my mind.
I give them the dark and evil smile they are after and they smile back. Evander looks concerned at my expression because he hasn’t seen me evil before. I feel Drake and Raven leave my mind and I give a sigh of relief. We all sit in silence.
“Were both you and Raven turned by Drake?” Evander asks breaking the silence.
“Yes” I reply simply
“Do you want to explain a bit more?” Evander asks
“No not really” I reply
Raven gives me a sympathetic look. I can’t see Drake’s face because his long fringe has fallen in the way.
Sign up to rate and review this story