Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Memories

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-29 - Updated: 2008-07-30 - 1229 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10- Memories

I awake my head is throbbing. Both my hands and feet are chained to the wall. The room I’m sitting in isn’t familiar. Across the room is Raven.
“Raven” I say barely above a whisper
She starts to come around. Her forehead is healing quickly where she was hit. Upon realising our situation as memories from my house comes flooding back she tugs at her restraints. The door is opened as Peter walks in from behind him I see Evander being dragged pass to another room.
“You’re awake already” He says entering the room with a smile
“Why have you brought us here Peter?” I spit back at him
Raven turns to me with a confused look. Peter’s smile just spreads across his face.
“I don’t think you are in any position to demand information” He says calmly
Peter walks up to Raven inspecting her carefully. She tries to lash out against him but she is held in place. He laughs looking down at her.
“Let me go you filthy mutt!” she demands
“Who would you be then?” He asks
“The vampire that is going to end your miserable life” she says back menacingly.
This just makes him laugh harder as he leaves the room.
“Annabelle how you know him?” she asks once the door is shut
“Peter was responsible for capturing me about a week ago” I say examining my restraints
“Why do they want you… or me for that matter?”
“Your guess is as good as mine”
We are left to sit in the lonely bare room for hours.

Finally someone enters it is Angus with eyes full of hatred for me. I just look back puzzled.
“We found his body, you’re a monster” He says eventually coming over and striking me.
I am unable to block against his incredible strength. I exhale sharply as his hand crashes down upon my cheek. The pain flows through my body but I won’t show him how much pain he really caused. I turn and try to bite his hand but that earns me another hit.
“You’re the monsters!” Raven yells at him.
“You can’t possibly try to compare us with your horrible kind” he says now turning towards her
“What does he even mean to you? He was no closer then Evander” I say tearing his attention from Raven.
“Patrick was my brother but Evander is just a hopeless being Peter recruited”
I stare back processing what he has said. Raven still not very sure on what we are talking about.
“You will pay for what you did” He says striking me again.
I decide to torment him more.
“He was a coward! The way he whimpered at me was pathetic!” I yell watching the words sink in.
He becomes enraged striking me again harder. I grit my teeth fighting the urge to cry out. He raises his hand again.
“Angus! Stop!” a commanding voice yells as he lowers his hand to his side.
He growls before leaving as I sit there my cheek burning with pain. Peter enters and shakes his head at me.
“That was a silly move on your behalf” He says
“You can’t look down upon me, you are the pathetic one. Why am I even here?” I say trying to contain my anger
“You’re here because you killed \the one that I held dear”
I give a confused look.
“What?” I ask astonished
“I didn’t think that you were that close to Patrick” I continued
“No Patrick was just a pet” He says
“Then who are you talking about?”
“Don’t you remember last year?”

~Flashback~
I stroll down the street content from recently feeding when someone grabs me from behind. I try to break free but they hold tight it can only be a werewolf.
“Hold still and your death will be quick” my attacker promises in a deep voice.
“Can I kill her?” a female voice asks behind me.
“Sure honey” My attacker replies
“What a special treat to end a lovely evening” she says stepping into my view.
Blonde hair brushes against her face and her grey eyes pierce the darkness. I lash out suddenly and my attacker loses his grip. I easily slash her throat then I run off through the shadows.
~End Flashback~

“That was you?” I ask, my eyes widen in realisation
“Yes and now I’ll get my revenge” he says
Peter’s eyes portray anguish before he turns away from me and leaves the room. Raven looks at me still a little confused.
“You’re just a magnet for trouble Annabelle” she says breaking the long silence.
“I always have been” I respond.
“Great idea, killing a werewolf’s girlfriend” she says sarcastically.
I give a weak smile to her comment before my mind returns to fearing for Evander.

Hours later the two men I don’t recognise walk in carrying Evander’s unconscious and beaten body. They chain him to the wall before leaving. Evander stirs as they slam the door shut.
“Evander” I say softly
“Annabelle?” He questions struggling to open his eyes
“Yes it’s me” I reply
I look over to Raven who has her eyes closed; I know better then to think she is sleeping. She is calling a friend who owes her a favour. Her eyes open and she smiles as she nods.
“We’ll be out of here soon” I say reassuringly to Evander
He looks at me confused. Growling and fighting can be heard out side. The commotion lasts only for a few minutes then the door is thrown open. A tall lean man walks in and starts to unchain Raven.
“Thanks Drake I knew I could count on you” Raven says
Once she is free she and Drake starts helping me get the chains off. I rush over to Evander and unchain him. Raven and Drake just look on not helping. I try to lift Evander but he can’t stand.
“Raven, Drake help” I request.
Raven finally gives in and helps me carry Evander.
“What are you doing he’s a werewolf?” Drake says still refusing to help
“He is too injured to hurt us and even his own pack has turned on him. They turned on him because he was helping me” I reason
“Fine” he says giving in.
Drake is able to carry him on his own so we run off thought the trees finding our way to my house. Upon arrival Drake drops Evander and looks at my house with scrutiny.
“You refused the mansion I offered you for this?” he asks
“Well I did have a mansion of my own but this place was really secluded”
“The mansion I offered was secluded as well and it was extravagant”
“Exactly you know I like much more simple things”
“Just because you like things simple doesn’t mean you have to give up living space”
“I’d call it cosy” I argue
“No that is a cardboard box” he disagrees.
“Stop arguing and get me inside” Evander says weakly.
I look down at Evander and lift him with Drake and carry him inside. I lay him on the couch and find that Justin is still on the other couch.
“A present for me” Drake says smiling
“Sure” I respond.
Sign up to rate and review this story