Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Invasion

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-29 - Updated: 2008-07-29 - 1443 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9- Invasion

As I sit Evander grasps my hand. My dainty fingers rest in his warm palms.
“I’m going back home” I say
“What if the rest of the pack shows up?”
“Then they will meet their end”
“Alright then let’s go” He says standing up.
I grab my pack and stuff my belongings into it. I throw the bag over my shoulder and race off into the trees and wait for Evander to catch up. Soon we racing through the forest I slow my pace to his speed. As we run Raven joins us.
“Hey, what is all the blood I smelt?” She asks
“That was just a friend of Evander’s stopping by” I reply with a smile
We reach my house shortly. I enter via the unlocked front door. Justin is still chained to the couch and he is startled by my arrival.
“What’s this?” Raven asks approaching Justin
“It was a meal I didn’t get to finish” I reply walking over to the couch opposite to Justin.
“You sure know how to pick them” She says inhaling the smell of his fear.
I sit there listening to his increasing heart rate.
“Who…Who are you?” Justin stutters in fear.
Raven and I both smile at his reaction. She looks him over once more ignoring his question.
“Who are you?” He says firmer this time.
I join Raven in laughing at his new found confidence. It was nearing sunrise so I was getting tired. I move into Evander’s lap and lay against his chest. He wraps his arms around me. Then we hear a voice outside.
“Patrick!” The familiar voice bellows
I jump to my feet and go to run to the door with Raven. Evander grabs me by the waist and Raven stops to watch that his intentions are good.
“Girls wait here” He says sitting me on the couch and walking to the door.
“Fine” I say back crossing my arms over my chest.
I sit inside with Raven listening to the conversation between Evander and Angus.
“Hello Evander”
“Hello Angus”
“You wouldn’t happen to know where Patrick is would you.”
Evander pauses with uncertainty for what to say.

~Evander POV~

What can I say to him that his brother was slaughtered by the vampire I’m protecting against the pack’s will and I did nothing to stop her.
“Angus I don’t know where he is” I lie
“Fine traitor” he spits back growing more aggressive
“Angus just leave here!” I yell back
“I know you’re protecting that vampire” he says taking a deep breath in, his eyes widen
“Two?” he questions
I turn away not answering
“Evander who is the other?”
He shakes his head at me.
“You’ve really messed things up Evander”
“Don’t you dare think that you are better then me” I yell back angrily still turned away
“At least I didn’t turn on my own pack to protect that filthy creature”
I spin around my eyes flash with rage
“Hit a soft spot did I Evander?” he says mockingly
I growl only just keeping a hold over my anger
“Angus leave!” I growl walking back to the house.

~Original (Annabelle) POV~
Evander waits at the door watching Angus leave then storms back into the house. I go to his side and hug him stroking his hair. He calms down as we stand there. Raven just rolls her eyes angry she didn’t get to kill Angus. She returns to Justin and strips the bandage from his neck and stares at it hungrily. Justin cowers in fear.
“Bell could I have a snack?” she asks without taking her eyes off Justin’s neck.
“Sure just try not to kill him, his blood is really sweet” I reply returning to the couch opposite them with Evander.
“Thanks” she says advancing on Justin
“Hold still” she whispers to him
“No! Get away from me!” He yells trying to escape but held to the couch by the handcuffs.
She laughs at his attempts to get away and I smile enjoying the show. Raven gets closer to him her eyes burning with hunger. She reaches him and pierces the skin. Raven bites the side of his neck I didn’t bite. Justin lets out a cry in pain and Evander grimaces as I smile. I pull away from Evander and get off the couch. Unable to resist the smell of Justin’s blood.
“Move over and share” I say sitting with Raven
She releases his neck for a moment. Raven smiles licking the blood from her lips.
“Bell you’re right the blood is so sweet, you really do know how to pick them.” she says before continuing to bite him.
I lean in my fangs slide easily through his neck reopening his wound. Justin yells again in pain. Soon Raven and I stop biting him as his heart beat starts to fade. I bandage the wound again as Justin slumps over uncurious from blood loss. I sit back down with Evander licking the blood from my lips. I look up at Evander by he looks away from me.
“What’s wrong” I ask
“I don’t understand how you can do that to humans”
I reach out for his hand and hold it close to me not able to find an answer. We sit in silence.
“Bell do you have a room I could use?” Raven asks
“Sure the spare bedroom is at the end of the hall”
“Thanks” she walks down the hall and shuts the door.
I realise just how tired I am as the sun starts to rise.
“Evander I’m going to bed as well”
“Alright I’ll keep watch for the pack”
“Thanks” I lean in and kiss him before walking to my room. I lay down after shutting the door happy to be back in my own bed.

I awake mid afternoon to hear a commotion outside. I jump to my feet and head to the door to find Peter standing against it.
“You finally awake” He says
“What are you doing here?” I ask angrily as he locks the door.
“We meet again” he says ignoring my question.
“Where is Evander?”
“He is being dealt with”
I hear a loud yelp from outside, I throw myself at Peter. I may be quicker but he is so much stronger. He easily throws me against the wall and pins me there. I try to snap at his neck but he holds me back. I hear a loud crash from down the hall. The door handle rattles and Peter unlocks it still holding me firmly. Angus enters holding Raven, one of his hands are holding both of her hands to her back as the other hand is clasping her throat. She struggles firmly against him; he tightens his grip around her neck cutting off her air supply. She gasps for air. He laughs relaxing his grip only enough for her to breathe. Two men that I’ve never seen before walk around the corner to the door holding Evander’s limp and beaten body. I struggle against Peter eye’s never leaving Evander but Peter is too strong.
“How could you do that to a wolf of your own pack?” I yell angrily
“Quite easily because he was a traitor.”
Cory enters the room and walks to Peter.
“There is a human on the couch” he says
“Oh, why would you have one?” Peter says turning to me
“You interrupted breakfast” I reply
I look over at the clock on my bed stand it reads 3:30pm. I face Peter again. Raven then suddenly strikes Angus planting her teeth in his shoulder. Angus yells out in pain and Cory rushes over to Raven and punches her in the head with such force that I am amazed her head is still attached to her body. She takes her teeth from his shoulder and gasps from the pain. I try to lash out against Peter but he holds me tightly.
“Why are you here?” I ask angrily
“Well I didn’t appreciate you killing Patrick”
I smile at the thought of tearing his neck out last night. He slams me against the wall. I look over to Angus his shoulder his bleeding badly; his shirt is already soaked with the blood. Angus stumbles slightly as the blood flows freely. One of the men that have Evander steps over and grabs Raven from him as Cory catches Angus. My smile grows at this sight. Peter slams me against the wall again harder. Everything goes black.
Sign up to rate and review this story