Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Hunting

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-28 - Updated: 2008-07-28 - 942 words

0Unrated
Chapter 8- Hunting

I continued to talk to Raven for about an hour then Evander returned. I get up and greet him with a kiss as Raven just looks on with disgust still not trusting him. I sit back down with Raven on one side of me and Evander on the other; I lay back into his lap.
“Well I’m thirsty I feel like hunting” Raven announces.
“I’m not that thirsty but I’d love to hunt” I say standing up with Raven
I look down at Evander and give an evil grin with the thought of being able to hunt something down again finally.
“We’ll return soon” I assure him before leaning down to kiss him.
Raven waits impatiently at the edge of the clearing.
“Hurry up” she calls to me
We race through the trees the sun going down over the horizon plunging the forest into darkness. Finally we reach a large city. I stalk through the darkness with Raven until we find an unlit alley, perfect I think. We wait in the shadows until an unsuspecting man walks past us. We follow him for a while until his walks down into an empty street straying from the main road. I sprint at him knocking him against a wall out of sight. Raven follows, I rip out his throat not like the calm fashion I normally kill my victims. He tries to yell out but I stop him thrusting my fangs deeper into his neck. Soon he is dead as I listen to the last thump from his heart I drop him to the ground. I smile as I lick the blood from my lips.
“Someone’s excited” Raven says bending over to the crumpled heap on the ground.
“I guess I just missed the thrill of hunting” I reply watching Raven drain the corpse of blood.
Soon Raven has finished.
“Why how long has it been since you last hunted?” She asks wiping the blood away from her face
“Too long”
“Well do you want just one more for tonight?”
“I wouldn’t mind but do you think you could handle anymore blood?” I reply as we now walk away from the body.
“Of course I can handle another” she replies
“Well then who is the next victim?”
“Have any preferences?” she asks looking around at the deserted street.
“Not at all” I say walking to the main street
We finally find another person walking the streets this time of night that isn’t drunk or on drugs (that stuff makes the blood taste terrible). My attack again is violent but not as violent as my last. I run back to the clearing with Raven at my side.
We walk across the clearing which is bathed in moonlight. Evander is sitting patiently on my bed. As I approach he stands up and takes me in his arms. He wipes some dried blood from my lips then leans in to kiss me.
“I’m going to go. I’ll see you around Annabelle.” Raven says waving then running off into the trees.
I sit down with Evander. We sit in silence as he strokes my hair.
“How do you do that to people?” He asks breaking the silence.
I look up into his eyes as I look for an answer.
“I used to find hunting terrible and hated it but now I find it is a thrill to my life.” I reply still staring into his eyes.
“I just don’t get how you are able to hurt someone”
“Why what do you eat?” I ask
“I only hunt animals with my pack”
“How are Humans any different to animals most humans behave like animals even harming and killing their own kind” I say in my defence.
“If you don’t mind me asking how old are you?” He asks
“Well I’m 17 but I’ve lived 90 years” I reply
“Oh okay I bet you’ve seen a lot over those years”
“Indeed”
As we fall back into silence he wraps his arms around me. I lay against his chest just listening to the steady beat of his heart. We both jump to our feet as we hear something approach just coming past the line of trees surrounding the clearing. Evander gives a deep growl. The stranger chuckles.
“How cute” the familiar voice says
“Get out of here Patrick!” Evander growls.
I stare through the darkness at Patrick, he is by himself.
“Fine I’ll leave then I’ll bring the rest of the pack to slay her and you traitor!” he yells back still being a coward coming no closer.
“Don’t you dare!” Evander growls
“You can’t stop me” he yells
He regrets saying those last words as I appear at his side
“I can though” Are the last words he hears. One blow to the head sends him to the ground. I rush back a moment later to Evander carrying his body.
“Can I kill him?” I ask eagerly awaiting the reply.
“Sure” Evander replies with a hint of sadness in his voice.
I drop the body. Patrick crashes to the ground.
“What’s wrong?” I ask concerned
“It’s nothing, he was just a very close friend for a number of years that’s all”
As Evander sits down on the bed I run off into the trees. My fangs rip through his soft neck. Patrick gurgles through the blood gasping for air. His lip body falls to the ground lifeless. Making sure I don’t have any blood on me I return to Evander side. He manages to force a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story