Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Raven

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-26 - Updated: 2008-07-27 - 1089 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7- Raven

I lay with Evander in the shade. I run my icy fingers trough his hair and down his face. He doesn’t resist, he just smiles. I stop after a while and he leans down to give me a soft kiss, his lips meeting mine. His warm breath brushes across my face as he raises his hand to my cheek. We stay with lips locked for a moment before he pulls away. Just like last time he is called away by his mangy friends. This time I start to hunt instead of simply exploring. As I stalk through the growing darkness more animals awake for the night. After a while I realise just how far I ventured from my makeshift bed and belongings. I am standing alone in the dark forest. Without the thrill of hunting anything for tonight I return to the clearing. As I reach the clearing it begins to snow. I sit in the bed I have made myself alone looking through the darkness. From the shadows Evander appears. As he gets closer I notice a gash on his cheek. It is healing before my eyes but not as quickly as I heal. He sits down beside me.
“What happened?” I ask inspecting his wound.
“It was just Peter unhappy to find that I stank of vampire”
I lean against him softly stoking his hair. I notice there is dried blood around his wound. Leaning over him I lick it off and sit back by his side.
“Yum” I say smiling
“Just help yourself then” he says with a grin
“Thanks”
I push him down on the bed and lay across him. I start passionately kissing him. He kisses me back rubbing my shoulders. I bite his lip every now and then. As he runs his warm hand down my side I start to kiss his neck growing rougher. I brush my hair out of the way as I open my mouth to bite him properly. He then pushes me off.
“What’s wrong?” I ask
“I’m not sure if I want to be bitten”
I lay back down next to him. He wraps his arms around me holding me close to his warm body. I feel so safe in his embrace; I slowly drift off to sleep.

I awake to hear birds singing and sunlight pouring in around me. Evander isn’t with me instead there is a note at my side. The note reads:
Sorry I had to leave but I will return soon.
I fold the note up and place it in my back pocket. I finish the bottle of blood from yesterday. I’ve been so spoilt getting blood everyday but I have been denied the joy of hunting. Blood is so much better fresh and Evander’s was pretty good especially for a werewolf. As I wait for his return I get changed. I sit on my bed then I see a flash of movement from amongst the trees. I stand up quickly. It moves again my eyes are barely able to keep up with its movement. Then without warning the figure is racing towards me, it is too fast. I am tackled to the ground; I look up to see a tiny body of Raven (an old, old friend) on top of me.
“Hi” I say
“Hey I haven’t seen you in years” she replies enthusiastically.
“Yes it has been a while. Would you mind getting off me?”
“Sure. Sorry about that I thought you were a werewolf. You stink of one” She says not moving off me yet.
At that moment Evander arrives from the trees to see me being held to the ground. He races to my side but Raven is quicker. She jumps off me and leaps towards him. I am just as fast, I tackle her mid jump.
“Ow. What is this about? He is a werewolf.” She says as I hold her to the ground.
“He isn’t just any werewolf he is a close friend of mine”
“Have you gone insane? Don’t you know not to trust the filthy things?”
Evander growls at her. I get off her and walk to his side. He wraps his arm around me and I kiss him. Raven gives a disgusted look as she gets up off the ground. I turn to face her again.
“What are you doing out this way?” I ask.
“It’s a long story and first I want to know how you met the werewolf and what he has done to deserve your trust”.
I look up at him; the gash nearly completely gone now there is just a pinkish scar.
“I leave you two to talk” he says moving of back into the trees then disappearing from sight.
“So you still haven’t told me why you trust him” She says impatiently
“To tell you the truth I have fallen for him” I reply making sure he is out of earshot.
Her jaw drops, she looks astonished.
“What? You know that isn’t right.” She finally says
“I know but I can’t help it”
She walks over towards my bed and sits down I follow doing the same.
“Anyway I asked you what you were doing out this way” I say breaking the silence
“Oh the officials back at my town where getting very suspicious so I decided I would take a vacation.”
I look at her arm there is a scar down it. Obviously from our own kind because a wound from another vampire heals at a normal human rate.
“What did you do to deserve that?” I ask pointing at the scar.
“I had a falling out with a friend. You were right when you said it is better to live and hunt alone.” she replies stroking the mark on her pale skin.
“Was it with anyone I know?”
“Yes it was that stuck up one Vivian, we were out hunting and she didn’t want to share. I got her worse then she got me” she replies with a smile.
Vivian was always trouble she would take to many people to often.
“Well what are you doing out here?” She asks breaking the silence
“Had some troubles with some werewolves”
“That’s not like you to leave them standing” she says
“Well I was only just thinking last night about why I didn’t just kill them on the spot”
“Losing your touch are you?” she asks with a smile.
“Must be”
Sign up to rate and review this story