Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Freedom

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Will Annabelle get free from the the werewolves?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-07-25 - Updated: 2008-07-26 - 1068 words

0Unrated

Chapter 6- Freedom

I awake to find Evander’s arm wrapped around me. I sit up quickly falling out of bed in an attempt to get away from Evander. He wakes too.
“Morning Annabelle”
I try to give him a smile but it is very weak.
“What’s wrong?” he asks sitting up concerned.
“Nothing” I say
It was the same routine this morning but when Patrick came in to tell Evander they were leaving he was a bit more cautious around me. Finally they returned I realised that I even slightly missed Evander when he was gone. He returned with clean cloths and another bottle of blood. I wasn’t as thirsty today because I had enough blood yesterday but I drank it all eventually. I started to grow even more attached to Evander during the day and he was barely leaving my side. Late afternoon Peter had to see him again. Patrick came in again, this time with Angus they came in to watch me like I was some sort of side show attraction. This made me a little angry but I didn’t lose my temper. Cory’s little head peered in eventually he seemed a little shaken after yesterday. Patrick ushered for him to come in, as Cory did he kept cautious of me. They all just stood there staring at me. I noticed Cory left the door open this was my chance at freedom. I leapt gracefully over the werewolves and out the door landing silently on the ground. I raced off through the night as the werewolves yelled after me. I enjoyed the night’s air brushing against my face as I ran. The werewolves tried to give chase but I left them behind in no time. I didn’t realise how long I had been running until the sun started to rise. I was in unfamiliar surroundings on the outskirts of a small country town. I found a map in town and found the best route back home. Holding the map I left the town and as I ran off towards my home I knew that the werewolves would head back to my house too but I have no where else to turn to for now.

I ran for most of the day when I finally reach my small house. The air doesn’t stink of werewolf except my cloths. I walk in to find Justin still stuck on the couch curled up in a ball asleep. He doesn’t stir as I enter silently. I have a shower and feel much better afterwards finally free from those mangy dogs. As I walk back into the lounge room Justin is awake. The wound on his neck had a fresh bandage. I walk over and examine it.
“Who did this?” I ask
“That was Evander he has been coming to feed my for the past couple of days.”
I sit on the couch amazed for a moment when there is a knock on the door. I spring from the couch and out the back door. The air outside is filled with the smell of werewolf. I creep round the corner of the house to see who it is. There is Evander standing patiently at the door. I’m unsure of his motives.
“Annabelle it’s just me the others have followed your trail” He calls out.
I decide it is safe and step out from the shadows. He turns and smiles.
“I’m so happy you got out” He says to my amazement.
He walks towards me slowing his pace then coming to a stop when I back away. He begins to walk towards me again I now stand still and let him approach me. He holds me tightly; I am locked in his warm embrace. We stand there in the fading light of late afternoon.
“We have to get away the others will be here soon” He says releasing me
“Where am I supposed to go?”
“I have a place. Just grab some stuff quickly”
I quickly go inside and grab my bag. As I shove clothing in it he watches for the others. I am soon packed and ready.
“I’m ready. Where is this place?”
“I’ll lead the way just try to keep up” He says racing off into the trees I smirk and follow.
I am at his side running ahead every now and then. I laugh as he struggles to keep up with me. Finally we reach the clearing he spoke of in the early hours of the morning. I dump my bag on the ground and sit down. He comes over to me and sits closely to me. We rest there in the moonlight. I feel completely safe with him.
“What does dark blue mean?” He asks suddenly breaking the silence.
I blush. “Nothing” I reply
That means very happy, love, passion and romance
I feel my face go bright red as he leans in closer to me. I don’t move away. He grasps me again. I’m trapped in the embrace of his massive warm arms. I rest against him looking out across the wide fields surrounding the area. We sit in silence when I feel his warm lips press against my icy cheek. I jump and he pulls back apologising. He releases me and moves away. I sit against him again and return the kiss. His cheek is so warm against my freezing lips. He looks down at me and wraps his arm around me again.
“I have to go the others are calling” He says jumping to his feet.
I watch him leave as I sit in the darkness. After he has disappeared into the distance I begin to explore the clearing. Finding a well hidden spot I grab my bag and lay down. I make a bed for myself.

I am awoken by a warm hand on my shoulder. Startled I jump away but soon realise it is only Evander. He has another bottle of blood. I move back over to him. He hands the bottle to me and sits down. I lay against him without hesitation, opening the bottle I slowly drink half and close it throwing the bottle to my pack. As we lay there it is mid afternoon and a little sunlight pours through my cover. I look at him realising just how handsome his features are.
Sign up to rate and review this story