Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Revenge

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-24 - Updated: 2008-07-25 - 1503 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5- Revenge

I wake up with a terrible headache “ow” I say softly sitting up. I look around moonlight pours through the window. The shadows of the bars on the window are cast across the room. The room is damp and dark. I’m on a bed in the corner of the room, it stinks of werewolf. I look across the room to the only exist, a heavy metal door with light flooding through from beneath it. A shadow passes under the door as a bolt is slid out from the door. Light floods into the room I cover my eyes from the blinding light. Then the door is shut again I look up to see Evander standing motionless facing me with a face full of despair. He turns a soft light on then approaches me slowly.
“You were so much faster then them Annabelle. How did they catch you?” He questions softly more to himself then to me.
He comes to a stop at the end of the bed just looking down at me. Evander then moves round to the side of the bed and carefully puts his hand out to my head I pull away quickly I try to leap away but I am held back by something. I look down to see my leg chained to the wall the bed is against.
“I’m not going to hurt you just let me look at your head” He says softly hands still out stretched.
I look at him carefully finally agreeing and leaning forward he holds my head carefully and inspects the wound on my head. He pulls back quickly. I look up wondering what he has seen.
“You heal?” He questions still staring at my head.
“Yes” I reply simply.
“Oh alright, I didn’t know that”
I sit back against the wall realising just how thirsty I am.
“You wouldn’t happen to have that other victim you promised me would you?” I ask hopefully.
“Sorry no but I’ll get you one soon.”
“Fine. Why am I here in the first place?” I ask just thinking about my victim still lying on my couch at home.
“Well that is something I can’t really answer at this time”
He sits down on the bed in front of me slowly. I move as far away as possible. His dark brown hair falling in his face, he brushes it away as there is a crash from outside the door. I flinch as the wall shudders. He just sighs.
“What was that?” I ask
“That would be Patrick and Angus” He replies calmly.
He gets up from the bed with the same look of dismay and sympathy for me. Giving one last look at me he opens the door and leaves. The bolt slides back into place across the door. I look down at my chains I begin to try to pry the shackle open and eventually get it off. I lay back on the bed.

I must have fallen asleep because soon I open my eyes to the sunlight pouring through the window between the bars. I sit up slowly. I am startled by Evander who is sitting at the end of the bed.
“Good morning” he says smiling
“Morning” I murmur back
“I brought you some clean cloths” he says handing me folded outfit still smiling.
I take the cloths recognising them as the ones I had lying on my bed back at my house.
“Thanks” I say rubbing my eyes.
“I see you didn’t like the chain” Evander says looking at the broken chain hanging from the wall.
“Yeah its funny how people don’t like being held against there will” I reply with a biter tone.
He stops smiling as I say that, the despair returning to his face. I feel slightly bad for saying that for some reason. I move closer snapping out of it in the process and coming to a stop before reaching him. He looks at me his eyes gleam with hope at my actions. He leans forward closer to me I don’t move. I pull my lips back over my teeth exposing my fangs to him, he stops moving. Unsure of his intentions I watch him carefully. We sit there in silence for a moment then the door is thrown open, Patrick is standing at the entrance to the room.
“Come on Evander, we are going for run to get breakfast” Patrick says cheerfully.
“Alright give me a second” says Evander hardly looking away from me.
“Hurry up” Patrick calls over his shoulder as he walks away from the door.
“I’ll get you something” Evander promises me as he gets up.
I watch him leave the room and bolt the door shut. I watch out the window as the four massive wolves run off into the distance followed by a slightly smaller wolf I presume is Cory. I tug at the bars on the window, they don’t budge. Next I try the door but again it holds firm. I wait for hours for their return. Eventually I hear the wolves return. I hear them burst in the front door as Angus and Patrick playfully fight one another. Evander comes into my room immediately with a bottle filled with red liquid. I smile as he throws it to me; I open the bottle and drinking the contents. It is not the way I normally like to feed but it will have to do. Upon finishing the blood I feel much better. I hand the bottle back. He smiles staring into my eyes.
“What does light blue mean?” He asks
“What do you mean” I ask back confused for a moment.
“Your eyes have turned from grey to light blue; I just wanted to get an insight to what you are feeling”
“Well light blue means relaxed, at ease, calm and lovable” I answer
“What did grey mean then?”
“Umm… that would mean anxious, nervous or strained”
“You wouldn’t happen to have a bathroom I could freshen up in would you?” I ask moving closer to him.
“Yes but I don’t know if you’re allowed to leave the room, just wait while I ask” He says going to the door.
He returns shortly after with a smile.
“Yes you can” he says happily

I feel better being in clean cloths and having a shower but I still stink of werewolf. I am brought back into my tiny, confining room. I stare out the window as the sun sets. Evander is back in the room with me, it grows darker as time passes soon the sun has fallen below the horizon. Patrick making another grand entrance throws the door open again.
“Peter wants to see you Evander. Hurry up” Patrick says
“Alright I’m coming” Evander replies.
I sit in the darkness, in my little prison still unsure why I am even here. After sitting in the room alone for a while Patrick enters again with Cory. I scowl at him as he shuts the door behind them. Cory stands close to Patrick face bright with curiosity. I sit there on my bed motionless as they approach thinking they are safe. I spring to my feet, Patrick realising I’m not chained to the wall. I give an evil smile letting my fangs show. Patrick growls back, moving between me and Cory. I leap at Patrick he swings at me but is too slow I throw him into the wall. A loud crash can be heard through the house as the wall shudders with the impact. I’m amazed that it is still standing where normal plasterboard would have given way. I look down at the frightened child I smile softly, happy with the revenge I took against Patrick. I hear Angus rush to the door wondering what happened. He bursts in the door to find me standing next to terrified Cory as Patrick lay motionless on the ground against the wall. Angus growls at me approaching slowly I just smile. Cory begins to move away from me I make no move to stop him. He rushes behind Angus and out the door. Angus still growling I flash my teeth to him. Evander then enters the room to see the stand off he puts his hand to Angus’s back. Angus stops growling and moves back to let Evander pass. Evander approaches me slowly, Angus still ready to attack at any moment. I go sit on the bed again calmly like nothing has happened. Angus moves to Patrick checking his pulse then picking the limp body up and carrying it from the room shutting the door behind him.
“What was all that about?” Evander asks.
“That would be me equalling a score”
“Well you should try to avoid doing that in the future”
“How long am I going to be stuck in here?” I ask
“I don’t know”
I sit there in silence comfortably with Evander.
Sign up to rate and review this story