Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

Snow

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-07-23 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 1227 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4- Snow

They advance on me I have no where to turn I’m completely surrounded. Patrick, not learning from the past two times lunges at me again I give a sigh and spring over his head I am now at the door. The tallest of the men scowls at Patrick. I race out the door and into the trees. I run quicker then the wolves but they can pick up my scent. I leap up into the trees in an attempt to lose them. The day is bright I keep to the darkest parts of the forest. I think to myself as I dart from tree to tree “Why are they chasing me?” I come to rest on a branch; I sit down and wait to see if they have been able to follow. As I wait it starts to snow, I take in the cold. I carefully lay back on the tree. Snow settles on my face as I lay there, it isn’t that cold against my icy skin.

It is a while later that I hear soft footsteps padding in the fresh snow cover. I sit up quickly it is a wolf and two men. The men I recognise as the ones that came through the door. That means the wolf must be Patrick. There is no sign of Evander. “Patrick you have led us in the wrong direction, I can’t see her” says smallest to the wolf. The wolf replies to this comment with a growl. I sit silently just watching. The tallest remains still sniffing the air it is now I realise I am up wind of them “oops” I think to myself. I wait for them to discover me.
“Angus!” the taller of the two men yells “Come here” he growls.
“Yes Peter” Angus replies walking quickly to Peter’s side. I lean forward intrigued in what Peter has to say. I can’t hear a thing but Peter has soon stopped talking. Angus moves away now keeping his head down, he walks to Patrick and kneels down to the wolf’s level. In a low voice he talks to Patrick. I hear only Patrick growl once Angus has stoped talking. Peter then disappears in one direction. Patrick and Angus head off in the opposite direction. I just sit there on the branch clueless to what just happened. The noise of footsteps fades into the distance. I sit back against the tree puzzled. When in an instant I feel two warm hands grab my hands and pull them round either side of the tree. I gasp in shock. The stranger just chuckles. Angus and Peter are soon under the branch I’m sitting on. Angus smirks as the stranger from behind me dangles me from the branch after bringing my hands to my back. The stranger drops me I try to grab the tree to stop my fall but it is to no avail. Angus catches me and holds me roughly in his warm arms. His body is so hot even in the snow.
“Do I carry her or make her walk?” Angus questions Peter
“Carry her we don’t want her getting away again” Peter replies.
Angus tightens his grip around me a squirm a little but it does no good. I am locked is his warm hold. Patrick jumps down from the tree next to us. He looks over to Peter and Peter responds with a nod. Patrick disappears for a moment into the trees and the next we hear is a blood curdling howl. I shudder for a moment in Angus’s hold but Peter and Angus don’t even flinch. Patrick returns in human form. We all are still for a moment then there is a replying howl and Evander appears from the trees. His expression changes from happiness to dismay when he sees me in Angus’s arms.
“You summoned” Evander says in a low voice to Peter
“Yes we got the little critter” Peter replies in a much more cheerful tone.
“Brilliant” says Evander sarcastically now turning from my face.
I wriggle in Angus’s hold but he just tightens his arms around me. Evander gives me a sympathetic look before looking down at the snow again. I elbow Angus in frustration he jolts slightly but tightens his grip again. I can now hardly breathe I gasp for air. It may not be completely necessary for vampires to breathe but it is a bad habit we carry over from our human lives and the body with fight for oxygen when there is any danger. Seeing that I am surrounded by werewolves I think it is necessary. Smell is really important because it can warn you about enemies that your sight can’t pick up on and is more effective at identifying them then hearing. Angus laughs for a moment before loosening his grip just enough that I can breathe.
“You alright to run with her” Peter asks Angus, looking at my face.
“Yeah, she’s just a little unhappy with me” He replies chuckling to himself.
I ready myself to elbow him again but decide it isn’t the best idea. Suddenly Peter starts running off into the distance. Patrick and Evander close behind, Angus starts running without warning. With every stride his arm digs into my rib cage.

We finally reach our destination it is a small hut out in the middle of no where that wreaks of werewolf. I am now hanging limply in Angus’s arms, my rib cage thoroughly bruised. Peter smiles slightly then nods at Angus. I’m dropped onto the hard earth.
“Watch it” I say with displeasure.
Patrick laughs as I brush dirt from my arms. I frown at the werewolves towering over me.
“What are we to do with you then?” Peter says to me before crouching down to my level. He stares studying my face moving a bit closer. I scrunch my face up at his smell. Then he moves just a little closer, he is now in my reach. I lash out snapping at his neck. He jumps back slapping me. I grab his arm when suddenly I get a kicked in the side. I gasp with the pain falling to my side. I sit up quickly to see who it was, there is Patrick’s smiling face.
“Now that isn’t any way to behave” Peter says not concerned by how close I came to ripping his throat out.
I hear a door open I turn to see what is going on now. A small boy comes running out to greet the werewolves but slows his pace upon seeing me.
“Who and what is that?” the boys says looking at me with curiosity like I’m an animal on display.
“Cory, that would be a pathetic vampire” Patrick replies inviting the boy to stand next to him. Cory walks to Patrick staring at me cautiously. The boy leans in a little further to get a better look at me; I jump slightly and expose my gleaming fangs at him. He steps back in fright and stumbles. I give a soft laugh at Cory’s fear. Patrick growls at me as Cory composes himself again. The next thing I feel is a knock to the back of my head and shooting pain.
Sign up to rate and review this story