Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

Away From Here

by neve 6 reviews

Are you trying to get me drunk? Bbbbbboooooobbbb, Gerard gets a mouthful, learing at Frank and hazy memories.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-08-27 - Updated: 2008-08-28 - 2263 words - Complete

2Exciting
Chapter Fourteen - Away From Here


Jill's stomach felt sore from the constant laughing as Ray and Frank ripped each other apart. She felt she was finally getting to see the real them and although they could be brutal to each other it was clear to her how much they genuinely cared for each other. Brian had long since left as Jill found each empty glass quickly replaced by a full one.

"Frank, are you trying to get me drunk?" Jill asked as Frank feigned innocence in front of her.

"No, me never," Frank replied taking a drink of beer as he sat down beside her.

"hmmm," Jill responded.

"I hope we haven't scared you away from coming on tour with us next month?" Frank asked.

"Not at all," Jill replied,"I'm looking forward to it, nervous, but it should be fun."

"Don't be nervous," Frank said trying to reassure her, "We take care of people on our bus."

Jill smiled at Frank as she sipped her drink, her attention soon diverted as she watched Bob walk towards the bar. Frank looked in the direction that she was staring and smiled to himself. He knew Bob was avoiding being in her company and he felt a bit guilty that he had made the drummer feel awkward. Frank had listened to Gerard earlier that afternoon warning him that Jill was at the end of the day a journalist and about meddling but Frank couldn't help it. Bob could be as stubborn as hell and would rarely discuss any real personal things with others unless you caught him at the right moment. However it was clear to Frank that both Bob and Jill needed a kick in the right direction.

Frank looked back at Jill to see her grinning at him as she continued to speak to Mikey. She had found out so much and was glad to have had the opportunity to speak to them away from the business side of things. The time passed so quickly as they all continued to chat about their imminent and future plans but Jill soon found herself completely exhausted.

Bob looked over from the bar where he stood speaking to Worm to see Jill struggling to keep her eyes open as she leaned on Mikey. "I think we should probably think about getting Jill home." Bob said to Worm as he nodded in Jill's direction."

"Plus you guys have an early flight back tomorrow." Worm replied.

"Gerard will love that, why do they always have to make them so early?" Bob asked.

"I'd blame Brian but I'm ready to go home now."

"I guess," Bob replied as they walked back to rejoin the others. Bob watched as Mikey put his arm around Jill and poked his brother.

"Hey Gee, we should really be getting Jill home." Mikey said indicating towards the sleepy girl lying beside him.

"We'll just drive her back before we go back to the hotel." Gerard replied signally towards Worm.

Mikey looked down at Jill, "Jill," he asked shaking her lightly, "Where do you live?"

Jill looked up at him with bleary eyes and smiled stupidly at him, "I live in Stirling."

"Stirling?, "Mikey responded looking at Ray for help, "Jill where is that?"

"Scotland." Jill mumbled.

Mikey looked over towards Ray once more, "Help?"

Ray sat down beside Jill and he looked up to see Bob staring at them, "Bob, come here."

Bob reluctantly walked over to them.

"We can't get Jill to tell us where she stays, she keeps saying Scotland but somehow that seems unlikely."

"This is Frank's fault for getting her all drunk." Bob grumbled towards Frank who's attention was fixed on Gerard as they were in deep conversation.

Bob sat down beside Jill as Mikey gently moved her over so that Bob could take his place.

"Bob," Jill asked with the biggest dumb smile on her face as she leaned into him which forced him to raise his arm so she could rest her head on him.

"Jill where are you staying tonight?" Bob gently asked her.

Jill seemed to pause for a moment as she thought about it," Ruth, I'm staying with Ruth."

"Okay, where does Ruth stay?" Bob asked her.

Jill mumbled an address as Ray wrote it down on a napkin and passed it to Worm.

"How'd you do that?" Mikey laughed, "I couldn't get anything out of her."

"Oh they have a connection." Frank interupted.

Bob rolled his eyes at Frank who just smirked.


------Later that evening------

"Is this the building Jill?" Bob asked trying to revive the girl beside him

Gerard rolled his eyes as he watched Jill groan slightly, "Why did you guys let her drink so much?"

"You were there too Gee and she hardly drank anything," Frank responded.

"Yeah but look what we've done to her." Gerard replied as he lifted her hand and then watched it drop straight down.

The van stopped, "This is the address she gave us," the driver yelled back.

"We better take her to the door," Frank said looking at Jill sleeping against Bob.

"I'll do it, Gerard can help since he's the only one not drunk." Bob ordered.

"Hey I'm not drunk." Mikey said

"Me neither." Ray added.

"Guys we don't have time for this." Worm yelled back at them.

"Oh my head," Jill whispered.

Bob looked down at the sleepy girl who had managed to to wedge herself on to him. "You're okay Jill."

"Right Bob, Let's get her home." Gerard said as he opened the door.

Bob gently lifted her onto his lap as he picked her up and carried her out of the van.

"She'll never work with us now." Ray said as he watched Bob carry her to the door of the building.

"She totally will." Frank responded grinning.

"Why are you so happy with yourself, you got her totally wrecked." Mikey added shaking his head.

"I didn't get her wrecked, she's not a drinker and the girl couldn't pace herself." Frank informed him as he put his feet up on the vacated seat.

Gerard pressed the intercom button and waited. After a couple of minutes they could hear a static noise, "What time do you fucking call this Jill?" a voice grumbled out.

"Sorry to wake you but I have Jill and well she's a little inconvenienced at the moment." Gerard replied a bit taken back at her first response.

"Who the hell is this?" Ruth responded not wanting to waste one more minute on this nutter.

"Well I'm, um, I'm Gerard Way and I have Jill here," Gerard said hesitantly.

"Is that right?" Ruth mocked, "And I'm Drew Barrymore now fuck off."

"Ohh she's feisty." Bob added unable to stop smirking as Gerard looked totally shocked.

"Ruth, will you let us in" Jill shouted with the last of her strength.

"Jill?" Ruth asked

"Yes, now open the damn door."

Ruth buzzed the door and Gerard opened it. Ruth could hear them coming up the stairs as she stood mortified at the thought of them coming to her door. Taking a deep breath she unlocked the door and looked out.

"You don't look much like Drew Barrymore." Gerard said as they reached the flat door.

"Ha ha, "Ruth retorted, "I'm really sorry about that, I get a lot of cranks at my door and well it is 2am."

"Don't worry about it." Gerard replied.

"This is all very nice but I think Jill could do with a bed." Bob interupted.

Ruth looked past Gerard to see Bob standing with Jill in his arms, "Is she drunk?"

"She hardly drank anything." Gerard reponded.

"Believe me it doesn't take much to get her tipsy," Ruth replied, "If you want to carry her through to the back bedroom."

Bob walked into the flat and followed Ruth down the hallway. "Just there would be great," Ruth said pointing to the bed.

"I'm really sorry about this, we don't usually take people out and leave them in this state." Bob tried to explain as he gently lay Jill down on the bed.

"Don't worry about it," Ruth replied as she watched him crouch down by the side of the bed and look at her in such a way that gave her goosepimples. "I'll just get her some water for when she wakes up." Ruth added as she quietly backed out the door and made her way to the kitchen. She entered her living room to see Gerard standing there taking a keen interest in her cd collection.

"You have some great stuff here," Gerard said as he noticed her re-enter the room.

"I need to seriously update it though," Ruth replied, "I'm Ruth by the way I don't think we've met."

Gerard suddenly turned round to face her, "I'm so sorry you must think I'm so rude, I'm Gerard and that's Bob through there."

"Can I get you anything?" Ruth asked as she pointed towards the kitchen.

Gerard shook his head, "No i'm fine thanks, we better be going actually as the others are waiting outside."

"Others?" Ruth replied itching to run to the window.

"Yeah the other guys," Gerard answered.

"Hey, can I leave my number for Jill encase she needs to contact us about anything?" Gerard asked as Ruth came back with a glass of water in her hand.

"Sure, I'll make sure she gets it." Ruth casually replied as she accepted the piece of paper from him.

Ruth turned as Bob came into the room, "Hey Gee we better be going."

"Yep, well nice to meet you Ruth." Gerard said.

"You too, " Ruth replied, "And Bob."

Ruth walked them to the door, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," they both replied as they disappeared down the stairwell. As soon as they were out of sight she bolted to the window and gingerly peeked out. Ruth giggled to herself as she finally saw the object of her inner fangirl desire, Frank Iero. She watched him as he puffed away on a cigarette as he leaned on the van. Frank stubbed out his cigarette and flicked it to the pavement as he noticed Gerard and Bob come out of the door.

"What took you guys?" Frank asked, "Bob, did you read her a bedtime story or something?"

"Frank, you are just too damn funny." Bob responded without laughing as he went back into the van.

"Oh touched a nerve," Frank whispered to Gerard as he followed him back into the van.

"I think so," Gerard replied.

Ruth sighed as the van started up and drove down the street.

"What you doing?" Jill asked startling her friend.

"Nothing," Ruth replied quickly shutting her curtains, "I see sleeping beauty awakes."

"I don't feel so good." Jill said as she sat down on the couch and rubbed her tummy.

"Poor Jilly," Ruth replied, "Did you have a good night?"

Jill smiled at Ruth, "I did have a good night I just hope my drunken stupor hasn't lost me that job."

"Hardly," Ruth replied, "You're a jammy one."

"What do you mean?" Jill asked surprised.

Ruth walked up to her fireplace and lifted a piece of paper from it, "It's not everyday I have Gerard Way and Bob Bryar in my flat and it's even rarer that I get Gerard's phone number but unfortunately he left it for you."

Jill blushed furiously, "He left me his number."

"Yep and said you were to phone him if you need to contact him for anything." Ruth teased her. "I can't keep up with you, I thought it was Bob you had the hots for."

"Not this again, firstly I hardly know them and Gerard has a girlfriend. Secondly I do not have the hots for Bob, our relationship is strictly professional. Well I better be going to bed." Jill said as she wearily pulled herself up.

"You better, " Ruth replied, "But I want all the details tomorrow."

Ruth laughed as she heard Jill groan. Jill slowly dragged her sleepy body back to her bed and threw herself on it. She picked up her mobile and flicked it open to enter Gerard's number. Jill was never good with paper and she knew if she didn't do it now she would just lose it. She dropped her mobile on the floor and reached up to turn off her light. The nights events ran through her mind and she smiled to herself as she realised how much fun she would have following them on tour. Her eyes suddenly shot open as she remembered Bob had been in the room, through the haziness she could remember the sound of his voice as he wished her goodnight and the touch of his fingers as he gently brushed the hair away from her face. Jill gently exhauled a breath as she thought about it. The time away before they met up again would make sense of everything and her silly crush would have disappeared.

"He's a highly successful rockstar and I'm nothing," Jill smirked at herself, "I'm worried about things being awkward and he will no doubt have moved on by then. Jill knew everything would be okay and she pulled the covers over her head in her bid to keep the evil thoughts away.




Thanks once again for the lovely reviews for my last chapter. Please rate/review as it's the only way I know if you guys are still enjoying it and it really does help. You guys are brilliant. The story is going to jump forward a bit again so I don't bore you guys to death.
Sign up to rate and review this story